@ Clempson Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: @ Clempson Week

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:29 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Just sick and tired of people here trying to have it both ways...

When you say 'have it both ways' do you mean criticize Daz for everything he does even when he does something good? Or do you mean posters who choose to be the center hash in a wobbly H?

If the first, I hear you, but I would posit that good outcomes from Daz decisions are just as likely to be the simple result of noise, randomness, or coincidence as they are suggestive of his correct intention being played out on the field as he called it on paper.

If the latter, I urge you to remember where you are posting.

No, I mean criticize Dazaster for when he keeps the score close and saying “he never tried to win” but when he tries to win and we then get blown out saying “curb stomping”. There’s plenty to criticize him for but people can’t have it both ways.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:44 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:unless i'm missing it, interesting bc hasn't posted the video of his postgame nor the full quotes as im sure he was asked more than 2 questions

next step will be no periscope for his monday show

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17120
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:19 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Just sick and tired of people here trying to have it both ways...

When you say 'have it both ways' do you mean criticize Daz for everything he does even when he does something good? Or do you mean posters who choose to be the center hash in a wobbly H?

If the first, I hear you, but I would posit that good outcomes from Daz decisions are just as likely to be the simple result of noise, randomness, or coincidence as they are suggestive of his correct intention being played out on the field as he called it on paper.

If the latter, I urge you to remember where you are posting.

No, I mean criticize Dazaster for when he keeps the score close and saying “he never tried to win” but when he tries to win and we then get blown out saying “curb stomping”. There’s plenty to criticize him for but people can’t have it both ways.

Those aren't mutually exclusive things.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:24 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Hansen: the punting from their territory instead of treating it like 4 down territory is statistically dumb. You can't beat anyone only scoring seven points.

I actually agreed with the punting, if only because Knoll was absolutely killing it with the downing and the defense was (up to that point) stopping Clemson. The real mistake was that run-run-pass mentality all game, even with short fields, that kept us from getting past the Clemson 40.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:52 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}: The real mistake was that run-run-pass mentality all game, even with short fields, that kept us from getting past the Clemson 40.

Granted everything bothers me watching this stooge coach a game but this is what really bothered me. Two examples:

Interception set up BC on the Clemson 28. The 28!!! What did Daz do? He opened it up with his typical run up the gut twice for jack shit and then an incompletion on 3rd down. What an innovative offensive mind (BC currently ranks 120th in scoring offense in FBS).

BC totally seized momentum with a 3 and out defensively after tying the game in the fourth quarter. What did "Get it to the Fourth" Daz do? Waved the white flag, Dillon up the gut for two runs, then the dreaded 4 yard pass on 3rd and 5. Clemson came right back with killer instinct and pounded BC after that. I'm sure the players at that point realized their coaches had given up on them which didn't help.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium