@ Clempson Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: @ Clempson Week

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:FSU looked pretty terrible today, Clemson maybe doesn't have a fantastic QB, louisville has Lamar Jackson but a ton of holes otherwise... if Addazio had been a good coach this would be a year to make a run in the ACC

ummm, no
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:48 pm

It's hilarious that it was tied heading into the 4th quarter and Clemson was still only a few points away from covering the spread.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Much better than last week.
If the team continues to improve, we will win 6.
Less than I think we should have won going into the year but at this point I would gladly take it.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:50 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:In the end, just another curb stomping

Disagree. Great showing by the team; we make a few more plays and we could have beat the #2 team in the country at Death Valley. Dabo was afraid to even throw the ball with the game close because he knew his QB sucks dick.

34-7

Garbage time

Um, and why was there garbage time?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:51 pm

SUH
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:51 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Disagree. Great showing by the team; we make a few more plays and we could have beat the #2 team in the country at Death Valley. Dabo was afraid to even throw the ball with the game close because he knew his QB sucks dick.

34-7

That last TD was unnecessary. Dazzoo was not going to call a TO. That was the definition of running up the score. Wade is awful. Brown is OK just not a special talent. The heinz hammer really misread these last two qb's and their abilities or lack thereof. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:55 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

34-7

That last TD was unnecessary. Dazzoo was not going to call a TO. That was the definition of running up the score. Wade is awful. Brown is OK just not a special talent. The heinz hammer really misread these last two qb's and their abilities or lack thereof. :ace

Not surprising Dabo did that considering they did an onside kick last year when they were up by a ton. Dabo hates Daz. I'm guessing it's because he's helped, or tried to help, Urban Meyer in the playoffs against Clemson.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:56 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

34-7

Garbage time

Not saying we didn’t lose but the people here who are trying to spread their agenda by passing on a false narrative is a fucking joke. Game was tied for three quarters and was a close game for what all but 5 minutes. I think the team can build on this performance. We played a really talented team close for most of the game; they made more plays at the end. I even have to give Daz credit. He could have just ran the ball to “keep it close” but we actually tried to win it. I’d rather go down 34 to 7 trying to win than pussy ass fuckign bullshit where we make no effort to win and lose by only 2 TDS to get a moral victory.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:58 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:SUH

I’m surprised you can type with salzanos dick jammed down your throat.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:59 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

34-7

Clemson is gonna get curbstomped in the playoffs if they get that far. They are nowhere near as good as last year.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:06 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:SUH

I’m surprised you can type with salzanos dick jammed down your throat.

k
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:32 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

34-7

Garbage time

Not saying we didn’t lose but the people here who are trying to spread their agenda by passing on a false narrative is a fucking joke. Game was tied for three quarters and was a close game for what all but 5 minutes. I think the team can build on this performance. We played a really talented team close for most of the game; they made more plays at the end. I even have to give Daz credit. He could have just ran the ball to “keep it close” but we actually tried to win it. I’d rather go down 34 to 7 trying to win than pussy ass fuckign bullshit where we make no effort to win and lose by only 2 TDS to get a moral victory.

Participation award :lame
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:27 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

34-7

Garbage time

Participation award :lame

No, I’m saying the exact opposite. At the start of the fourth, dazaster could have turtled that game to keep it close while putting in zero effort to try and win. Instead, he did his best coaching to at least try and win it. For that, I commend him even if it means we eventually got “curb stomped” to quote MilitantEagle. Now if you want to argue that Dazaster’s best coaching isn’t good enough fine. But I thought he did a good job giving the team a chance to win.

Just sick and tired of people here trying to have it both ways...

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:34 pm

No, Daz did not do a good job calling plays with great field position especially in the first half. Running up the middle on first and second down is not playing to win. His offense has scored a total of 6 TD's in four games this year! One TD today is the story of this game!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:51 pm

For a guy that loves the 4th quarter so much you'd think he'd actually have a better plan than getting blown the fuck out. He doesn't seem interested in getting a lead just wants to be close and make it a 15 minute game. Does he have the team to do that? No. Does he have any better ideas? No.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:52 pm

Good lord Hansen, the coach doesn't get credit for the fact that he arguably played to win at certain points of the game in between fits of incompetence, cowardice, and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Hansen: the punting from their territory instead of treating it like 4 down territory is statistically dumb. You can't beat anyone only scoring seven points.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Good lord Hansen, the coach doesn't get credit for the fact that he arguably played to win at certain points of the game in between fits of incompetence, cowardice, and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties

No, all I said was that he was tying to win the game. I never said anything about his level of coaching being good enough. Clearly, it wasn’t because we lost the game.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:49 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Hansen: the punting from their territory instead of treating it like 4 down territory is statistically dumb. You can't beat anyone only scoring seven points.

Problem is we don’t have a lot of players right now on offense that are making plays.
I actually was OK with most of the play calls. Unlike previous weeks, there were none where I was screaming at my TV like a madmen e.g. the slow-developing run on 4th in 1 in the Notre dame game. The 15 yard penalty on him was dumb but I think he wanted a timeout. I’ve seen coaches run on the field all the time to do this. If he wasn’t such a historic dick to the refs, then would this be called?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Just to expand on my prior point on the stupidity of this gym teacher neanderthal we have as our head coach - "Mr Get It to the Fourth Quarter".

From last season to current results this year, we've played 12 games against P5 competition.

- BC has won the fourth quarter only TWICE in those 12 games (NC State and Wake last year)
- 112 to 39 is the cumulative points against to points for.
- So we average 3.3 points in the fourth quarter and give up an average of 9.3
- SIX of those 12 games the BC offense didn't score a goddamn point.

Again, I have to question this fucking MENSA member's plan if he wants to get it into the fourth quarter and yet has no evidence he can consistently win a fourth quarter here at BC. All the while he pisses away the chance to actually accumulate a lead in the first THREE quarters because well, that's just what Daz does.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:28 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Hansen: the punting from their territory instead of treating it like 4 down territory is statistically dumb. You can't beat anyone only scoring seven points.

Problem is we don’t have a lot of players right now on offense that are making plays.
I actually was OK with most of the play calls. Unlike previous weeks, there were none where I was screaming at my TV like a madmen e.g. the slow-developing run on 4th in 1 in the Notre dame game. The 15 yard penalty on him was dumb but I think he wanted a timeout. I’ve seen coaches run on the field all the time to do this. If he wasn’t such a historic dick to the refs, then would this be called?

So you think in year 5 he still needs more time to find those players? You and I watched very different games. They had approximately 15 minutes to get in a play because of the review before he went berserk on the field. He is an awful coach and an a-hole. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:36 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

So you think in year 5 he still needs more time to find those players? You and I watched very different games. They had approximately 15 minutes to get in a play because of the review before he went berserk on the field. He is an awful coach and an a-hole. :ace

and he wears alma mater's logo on his chest. get his clown ass out of our university
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:10 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

and he wears alma mater's logo on his chest. get his clown ass out of our university

I am with tre and ace freely. I know it wont happen (probably will never happen, probably stuck with I'm until the natural end of the contract) but I want Jarmond to pull the trigger, right now. Any of the assistants taking over would be better than the gym teacher
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:05 am

Did he throw the ball once to the endzone? A fucking 34 point underdog on the road should not be punting inside the opponents 40 yard line. He should not be running the ball up the middle on first and 2nd down all game long. They actually hit a deep ball to Jeff Smith. The talent is there, maybe not the depth on defense which makes playing for a 4th Q game mind boggling!

At the end of the day they got embarrassed in the 4th Q and once again lost to Clemson. The bright spot was MJ's interview emphasizing investing in athletic facilities. Let's hope he keeps the pressure on Leahy. Bring in a very good coach next year and the momentum he has with the donors will fund many facility improvements.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:18 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

So you think in year 5 he still needs more time to find those players? :ace

no

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:30 am

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Just to expand on my prior point on the stupidity of this gym teacher neanderthal we have as our head coach - "Mr Get It to the Fourth Quarter".

From last season to current results this year, we've played 12 games against P5 competition.

- BC has won the fourth quarter only TWICE in those 12 games (NC State and Wake last year)
- 112 to 39 is the cumulative points against to points for.
- So we average 3.3 points in the fourth quarter and give up an average of 9.3
- SIX of those 12 games the BC offense didn't score a goddamn point.

Again, I have to question this fucking MENSA member's plan if he wants to get it into the fourth quarter and yet has no evidence he can consistently win a fourth quarter here at BC. All the while he pisses away the chance to actually accumulate a lead in the first THREE quarters because well, that's just what Daz does.

i call these two years, ADB for my friend hjs
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:35 am

unless i'm missing it, interesting bc hasn't posted the video of his postgame nor the full quotes as im sure he was asked more than 2 questions

next step will be no periscope for his monday show
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:51 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

34-7

Garbage time

So basically, you're saying BC has a very competitive 45 minute team.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:10 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:unless i'm missing it, interesting bc hasn't posted the video of his postgame nor the full quotes as im sure he was asked more than 2 questions

next step will be no periscope for his monday show

my guess is that he thin skinned it up on a question and bc is trying to scrub it. well, maybe that's my hope rather than guess
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:18 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

Just sick and tired of people here trying to have it both ways...

When you say 'have it both ways' do you mean criticize Daz for everything he does even when he does something good? Or do you mean posters who choose to be the center hash in a wobbly H?

If the first, I hear you, but I would posit that good outcomes from Daz decisions are just as likely to be the simple result of noise, randomness, or coincidence as they are suggestive of his correct intention being played out on the field as he called it on paper.

If the latter, I urge you to remember where you are posting.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium