Honestly......

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Honestly......

Postby eagletx on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:22 am

At this point, does anyone actually believe that there is anyone on this staff with a shred of credibility left?

I happen to think that there is some talent on this team in spots: Dillon, White, Smith, even Brown with seasoning; but without any really discernible consistent "scheme", and without any evidence that there is any upward trajectory in year 5 for this team, really haven't any promising staffers all gone? This staff is lame. They are a reflection of the head coach, whose gutless ineptitude will do nothing (or worse) to develop whatever talent this team may possess.

With time and the value of hindsight, it appears more and more that Don Brown was able to maximize whatever talents he had on defense, the coaching/scheming on defense now exposing real weaknesses....I mean to say out loud that you saw some value in controlling the clock in the game yesterday (what, 31 mins to 29!!!) after giving up 500 yards, almost all on the ground...yeah, when your opponent can gain at better than 10 yards a clip, one would expect that you may "control the clock"!

I mean, come on, what a joke. And the fact of the matter is that this guy doesn't even recognize how utterly stupid his post game observations are. He is an embarrassment. the sooner he is relieved, and we start over (before some guys start to check out) the better!

STEVE ADDAZIO: Well, you saw what it did. You saw it. That's what happened. Like I said, when you go through this game, I mean, we've got 30 minutes of possession, they've got 29. Know what I mean? There's still over 400 yards of offense here. We did a lot of good things.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Re: Honestly......

Postby Iggle on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:39 am

Campanile can recruit
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:59 am

campanille is good recruiter

ricky brown has done a good job w ST

rest can gtfomam, starting with frye
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:24 am

OK, conceded that ST's has improved...Campanile does seem to have some recruiting pull....but neither are replacements for primary staff, and both likely will be lost when the inevitable change comes in months or years from now.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Why do you think Al Washington :74 (replace "get" with "got" and "my" with "our")? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:59 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:OK, conceded that ST's has improved...Campanile does seem to have some recruiting pull....but neither are replacements for primary staff, and both likely will be lost when the inevitable change comes in months or years from now.

Disagree. In nearly every coaching change one staffer stays. In part to keep recruits and current players happy. Brown and Campanile both seem like the type of coach you keep. Young. Recruiters. Connected (either to BC or New Jersey high schools). In my opinion Campanile is probably the most valuable to a new coach. If it is a Jersey guy like Schiano or Golden, they will know that Campanile is valuable. If it is some random who has never recruited New Jersey (say Neal Brown) then hopefully he will realize he needs Campanile for credibility.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:09 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:Why do you think Al Washington :74 (replace "get" with "got" and "my" with "our")? :ace

Post of the year. This is all you need to know about Adazzio when a guy like Al Washington leaves his alma mater for a lateral move.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:57 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:Why do you think Al Washington :74 (replace "get" with "got" and "my" with "our")? :ace

Post of the year. This is all you need to know about Adazzio when a guy like Al Washington leaves his alma mater for a lateral move.

Washington's was probably very smart. I just hope he comes back under the next guy...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium