French gamethread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: French gamethread

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:49 pm

That a game thread for Notre Dame is only three pages long should tell you everything you need to know about this game and this coach
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:50 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Might be the worst loss of the Dazaster era.

49 to 0 vs vpi says hi
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:46 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

49 to 0 vs vpi says hi

:81
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:35 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:That a game thread for Notre Dame is only three pages long should tell you everything you need to know about this game and this coach

Sums this shit up nicely.

Viewing this game completely dispassionately (which is where I am with BC athletics after it spent the last 10-years assuring me that it does not want any fans), there were some positives on BC's side of the equation. First, Anthony Brown played a very good game and made some excellent throws. Petrula was fantastic as a substitute. Callinan had the best game of his career. Kam Moore and pretty much all the DBs were stellar. Interior DL was strong for most of the game. Hilliman is what he is at this point, but that was probably his best post-injury game. Kicking game has been very good and should be acknowledged as such after years of being an Achilles heel.

However, the LBs gave the worst performance I've seen out of that group since TOB's first year. If Landry is hurt, sit him. If not, he's looking more and more like the 4th Round grade the NFL gave him last Spring. Offensively, the drops were just brutal. The OL are incapable of sustaining blocks and are too slow to pull. So, those slow-developing runs (like on 4th and inches) should never be a part of the offense... let alone a staple. While I thought Brown played well... that was only when he played within the offense. When the team starts to rely on him to save the day, he falls apart. He tries to force plays and overthrows everything. He is a liability right now in those situations. Your better off just cracking the rock. Finally, did Davon Jones take Louie Addazio's fiancée outback and get her pregnant? That's the only excuse I can think of as to why last year's best back hasn't had a touch all season.

All that said, in a world of snap decisions and polar analysis, yesterday's game simply wasn't a reason for termination or grounds for more time.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:45 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:That a game thread for Notre Dame is only three pages long should tell you everything you need to know about this game and this coach

Sums this shit up nicely.

Viewing this game completely dispassionately (which is where I am with BC athletics after it spent the last 10-years assuring me that it does not want any fans), there were some positives on BC's side of the equation. First, Anthony Brown played a very good game and made some excellent throws. Petrula was fantastic as a substitute. Callinan had the best game of his career. Kam Moore and pretty much all the DBs were stellar. Interior DL was strong for most of the game. Hilliman is what he is at this point, but that was probably his best post-injury game. Kicking game has been very good and should be acknowledged as such after years of being an Achilles heel.

However, the LBs gave the worst performance I've seen out of that group since TOB's first year. If Landry is hurt, sit him. If not, he's looking more and more like the 4th Round grade the NFL gave him last Spring. Offensively, the drops were just brutal. The OL are incapable of sustaining blocks and are too slow to pull. So, those slow-developing runs (like on 4th and inches) should never be a part of the offense... let alone a staple. While I thought Brown played well... that was only when he played within the offense. When the team starts to rely on him to save the day, he falls apart. He tries to force plays and overthrows everything. He is a liability right now in those situations. Your better off just cracking the rock. Finally, did Davon Jones take Louie Addazio's fiancée outback and get her pregnant? That's the only excuse I can think of as to why last year's best back hasn't had a touch all season.

All that said, in a world of snap decisions and polar analysis, yesterday's game simply wasn't a reason for termination or grounds for more time.

Maybe the DB's were at a disadvantage when an opposing runner has a 5-10 yard head of steam, but they certainly didn't play too well in a safety/backup role to the non-existent LB play. Wimbush cannot pass the ball, so over time, you would expect the defensive coaches to challenge the run more and cheat against ND completing a pass. That was not at all in evidence. You're right in that that game in a vacuum wasn't itself a reason for termination or grounds for more patience...however, with a 4+ year basis of history, there is no longer any question.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:46 am

kudos to the person spamming bc's facebook page calling daz bc's gym teacher, i'm sure thin skin is reading every one of them

:chewbanka
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2014 Eagle on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:16 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Bright side - Don't have to deal with Notre Dame fans coming to Alumni again until 2025.

And highlight for BC students was singing Mr. Brightside.

Mr Brightside was the most fun part of the game in retrospect
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Speaking of French, 4 BC students are supposedly the victims of the acid attacks.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:29 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Speaking of French, 4 BC students are supposedly the victims of the acid attacks.

Four Junior girls. Attacker was a 41 year old woman thought to have mental illness.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:56 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Speaking of French, 4 BC students are supposedly the victims of the acid attacks.

Four Junior girls. Attacker was a 41 year old woman thought to have mental illness.

Yes let's not worry, terrorism is not suspected, just mental illness.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... 674863001/

https://apnews.com/2d7c9f40efc24ab58003657b6ed892c4

Thanks media!
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:12 pm

Not even close. This is knee-jerk reaction stuff.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:55 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

We lost 49-0 to Virginia Tech last year. People forget that. (VT just dropped 64 on ECU. They scored 34 in the third quarter).

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:31 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

i'd say it's not even top 5...

vpi 49-0 2016
the clemson 56-10 2016
louisville 52-7 2016
fla state 45-7 2016
arizona 42-19 2013 bowl game

i think the loss to wake was worse because wake is a worse football team than the domers, but we looked just as lost against wake and the game looked just as hopeless

of course none of this changes the fact that this catsup carnivore needs to go
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:59 pm

the wake game 2 weeks ago wasn't even the most embarrassing wake game of daz's tenure
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:00 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:the wake game 2 weeks ago wasn't even the most embarrassing wake game of daz's tenure

the 0-3 game may have been the worst football game ever played but at least we only lost by 3.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:09 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:the wake game 2 weeks ago wasn't even the most embarrassing wake game of daz's tenure

the 0-3 game may have been the worst football game ever played but at least we only lost by 3.

I laughed

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:17 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Finally, did Davon Jones take Louie Addazio's fiancée outback and get her pregnant? That's the only excuse I can think of as to why last year's best back hasn't had a touch all season.

Daz has moved Jones to MLB in an effort to replace Strachan.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:28 pm

I think GT 2016, Duke 2015 and Wake 2015 are the worst Addazio losses. It is painful getting stomped in a blowout, but giving away a winnable game is more telling. Clock management and kicking cost us GT. Bad QB management cost us Duke and Wake.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby garf112 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:44 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Finally, did Davon Jones take Louie Addazio's fiancée outback and get her pregnant? That's the only excuse I can think of as to why last year's best back hasn't had a touch all season.

Daz has moved Jones to MLB in an effort to replace Strachan.

How embarrassing is it that BC has a running back moving to MLB and a freshman playing center/ an oline that is god awful?

I guess that at least explains why Jones hasn't touched the ball.
garf112
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:57 am

the cupboards were bare. just wait 5 years until he gets his guys on campus and in place, then you'll see...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:22 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the cupboards were bare. just wait 5 years until he gets his guys on campus and in place, then you'll see...

Bruhahahahaha!!!
eagletx
Campion Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium