Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:47 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:bruce feldman reported there's another school dealing with similar issues as dick rod

I don't want to wish bad things on people, but I wouldn't be upset if it hit one of our annual opponents.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:00 am

Future BC Head Coach Sean Ryan to interview for Cleveland Browns Offensive Coordinator

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/texans_qb_coach_sean_ryan_will.html

Bio:

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/coaches/sean-ryan/4cb7b7aa-1675-471e-bdcf-8f528782d416

Before coaching at Columbia, Ryan spent two years (2001-02) as a graduate assistant at Boston College, where he worked primarily with the wide receivers. The Eagles won bowl games in each of those seasons, beating Georgia in the 2001 Music City Bowl and Toledo in the 2002 Motor City Bowl.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:02 am

DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:48 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:bruce feldman reported there's another school dealing with similar issues as dick rod

I don't want to wish bad things on people, but I wouldn't be upset if it hit one of our annual opponents.

or had some of the illicit activities involving an abundance of catsup
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:23 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Future BC Head Coach Brian Flores to interview for Arizona Cardinals Heach Coaching Job

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Bolt/New-England-Patriots-LB-coach-Brian-Flores-up-for-Arizona-Cardinals-job-113025172

First, HCRD needs a better resume before getting a head coaching gig at a Power 5 school. Browns OC would be a step in the right direction. While Hue Jackson is a sinking ship, you are pretty much guaranteed to be able to show improvement to Cleveland's offense (in a Chris Crane sorta way). Further, a one-year train wreck as Cleveland's OC has been parlayed into head coaching interviews by JDF (based solely upon his presence as a coach on a team with Carson Wentz). Unfortunately for HCRD, his daddy doesn't have friends in the media.

As for Brian Flores, this is a big off-season for him. Have to think Matt Patricia has a good chance for a HC gig (which means Flores has an excellent chance to be a DC next year). While I still maintain that BOB would be ideal, Flores could be our version of David Shaw.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:28 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

or had some of the illicit activities involving an abundance of catsup

It sure would give a whole new meaning to banging the 57.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1454757 ... up-bottle/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles06 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:49 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Bobby Petrino would be too obvious...
BCEagles06
n00b

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:50 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Future BC Head Coach Brian Flores to interview for Arizona Cardinals Heach Coaching Job

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Bolt/New-England-Patriots-LB-coach-Brian-Flores-up-for-Arizona-Cardinals-job-113025172

First, HCRD needs a better resume before getting a head coaching gig at a Power 5 school. Browns OC would be a step in the right direction. While Hue Jackson is a sinking ship, you are pretty much guaranteed to be able to show improvement to Cleveland's offense (in a Chris Crane sorta way). Further, a one-year train wreck as Cleveland's OC has been parlayed into head coaching interviews by JDF (based solely upon his presence as a coach on a team with Carson Wentz). Unfortunately for HCRD, his daddy doesn't have friends in the media.

As for Brian Flores, this is a big off-season for him. Have to think Matt Patricia has a good chance for a HC gig (which means Flores has an excellent chance to be a DC next year). While I still maintain that BOB would be ideal, Flores could be our version of David Shaw.

PMT had Mike Florio on yesterday who indicated that Goodell is still furious about Patricia wearing the “Goodell Clown” T-shirt off the plane after the SB and that the league may hurt Patricia’s chances
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:06 pm

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:42 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Not future Head Coach Ryan Day - Future Head Coach Sean Ryan.

If we combine the two we might get a good coach - Sean Ryan Day.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:35 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

PMT had Mike Florio on yesterday who indicated that Goodell is still furious about Patricia wearing the “Goodell Clown” T-shirt off the plane after the SB and that the league may hurt Patricia’s chances

Yeah, like Goodell's bosses are going to make a decision based on his hurt feelings.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:36 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Doreen just feels right in this instance.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:19 am

If Feldman is reporting on Jags, then he is about 10 years too late.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:22 pm

al washington is following donnie brown to michigan
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:28 pm

Good move for Al. Young guy who can drift behind Harbaugh. I'm sure he'll get paid well.

For Zona, good read on possible candidates... https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... ing-search
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Yukon's OC Rhett Lashlee (who was previously at Auburn) just bailed on Storz for the same job at SMU. Yukon is just so desirable and will be in B1G soon though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:04 pm

between the state's finances & the whole ad (sans nags hoops) cratering worse than spaz / donahue i wonder how long that program is going to exist
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:32 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:between the state's finances & the whole ad (sans nags hoops) cratering worse than spaz / donahue i wonder how long that program is going to exist

They'll just battle James Madison University and other schools like that in the FCS playoffs.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Iggle on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Any rumors about the 10th coach for BC?
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:12 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:Any rumors about the 10th coach for BC?

My understanding is Leahy did not sign off on it. It's not mandatory and there's no budget for it. They may change one of the football operations jobs around to fill that role, but I don't know where that stands.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:22 pm

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:

My understanding is Leahy did not sign off on it. It's not mandatory and there's no budget for it.

Jesus Christ
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:

My understanding is Leahy did not sign off on it. It's not mandatory and there's no budget for it.

Jesus Christ

is this where you tell us those scholarships just pay for themselves?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:58 pm

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:

My understanding is Leahy did not sign off on it. It's not mandatory and there's no budget for it. They may change one of the football operations jobs around to fill that role, but I don't know where that stands.

Wrong and IB-level dumb on your part. Even if BC didn't have this budgeted (which it does) and even if Leahy got down to staff level budget issues (which he doesn't), BC could always just designate someone already on staff and in the budget as the new coach (like Gallup). The benefit of the 10th coach is that he can recruit offcampus. There are a dozen guys on staff now that BC could deputize. There will be a 10th coach.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:03 pm

:shock:
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:14 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}::shock:

this. cowboy eagle just got waxed... navel to kneecaps

i impatiently await his response/retort
:popcorn :popcorn
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:49 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:

Wrong and IB-level dumb on your part. Even if BC didn't have this budgeted (which it does) and even if Leahy got down to staff level budget issues (which he doesn't), BC could always just designate someone already on staff and in the budget as the new coach (like Gallup). The benefit of the 10th coach is that he can recruit offcampus. There are a dozen guys on staff now that BC could deputize. There will be a 10th coach.

Are you gonna let this filthy ginger talk to you like that, CowboyEagle?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:

Jesus Christ

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 72926509-4
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:55 am

Per Bruce Feldman ...

Bruce Feldman
@BruceFeldmanCFB
Expect #BC run game coordinator/OL coach Justin Frye to get consideration for the vacant #NotreDame O-line job with Harry Hiestand moving on. Frye’s an Indiana native who’s done very well at Boston College.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:12 am

I may be in the minority, but I've always liked Frye and think he has done a pretty good job in his time here. ND would be a near perfect move for him.

That said, if he leaves, I have confidence that Daz will bring in a quality replacement. Daz has done a very good job while at BC finding quality assistants. This likely comes from him being a well-liked, known quantity in the coaching fraternity. Further, with all his considerable faults, Daz is legitimately an excellent OLine coach. Saban/Harbaugh/Meyer would all hire him in a heartbeat (and give him some sort of Assistant Head Coach title) to coach their OL. If Daz has less time planning for gameday because he is being more hands-on with the OL... that is probably to the betterment of everyone.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:40 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I may be in the minority, but I've always liked Frye and think he has done a pretty good job in his time here. ND would be a near perfect move for him.

That said, if he leaves, I have confidence that Daz will bring in a quality replacement. Daz has done a very good job while at BC finding quality assistants. This likely comes from him being a well-liked, known quantity in the coaching fraternity. Further, with all his considerable faults, Daz is legitimately an excellent OLine coach. Saban/Harbaugh/Meyer would all hire him in a heartbeat (and give him some sort of Assistant Head Coach title) to coach their OL. If Daz has less time planning for gameday because he is being more hands-on with the OL... that is probably to the betterment of everyone.

yes - there have been no complains about the o-line in frye's 5 years here. he's been an excellent coach that certainly drove the strength of the offense for all of his tenure. it's totally because of him and his 5 years of stellar o-line play that we're the school known as o-line u
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium