Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:52 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Oh, and Autzen Stadium is basically Alumni size wise.

But Univ. of Oregon is king in Oregon. It is the only game in town pretty much. Chip Kelly would be the fifth most relevant coach in Boston, at best.

Yeah, and Eugene has 150K people. Regardless, fifth most relevant coach is Boston making millions is better than part time analyst for TV channel firing everyone.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:57 pm

plus - instead of nike we could get all that new balance money...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:07 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:plus - instead of nike we could get all that new balance money...

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:33 pm

Kelly is a weird dude who will do his own thing. If he want money and a factory he will get it. But he is also the type that might take the BC job because he could still live in New Hampshire. I just don't think it will be a money issue. With BC it is about control. Doubt we would give him total autonomy.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:58 pm

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:I would not assume Addazio is gone after this year. I was just invited up for Tech and the guy who invited me thinks 4-5 wins buys Addazio another year. He's basing this on a recent conversation with Jarmond. Apparently Jarmond gave him a long spiel about injuries and the challenges the program faces and so forth. He thinks Jarmond is softening the blow for when he announces Daz is back for next season. My guess is Leahy told him he would need to raise the money to buy out Daz and that's never happening.

I think Daz can scratch out 3 wins. I’d be pretty surprised with anything over 3.

The injuries have been brutal this year no doubt, but when you plug the spots with the ISL all-stars this is the predictable result.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:59 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Kelly is a weird dude who will do his own thing. If he want money and a factory he will get it. But he is also the type that might take the BC job because he could still live in New Hampshire. I just don't think it will be a money issue. With BC it is about control. Doubt we would give him total autonomy.

This is pretty much spot on
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:37 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:I would not assume Addazio is gone after this year. I was just invited up for Tech and the guy who invited me thinks 4-5 wins buys Addazio another year. He's basing this on a recent conversation with Jarmond. Apparently Jarmond gave him a long spiel about injuries and the challenges the program faces and so forth. He thinks Jarmond is softening the blow for when he announces Daz is back for next season. My guess is Leahy told him he would need to raise the money to buy out Daz and that's never happening.

I think Daz can scratch out 3 wins. I’d be pretty surprised with anything over 3.

The injuries have been brutal this year no doubt, but when you plug the spots with the ISL all-stars this is the predictable result.

red font?

Brutal seems like an overstatement.
We lost our starting C which is never a good position to lose but injuries are going to happen. I don't think injuries are going to be the deciding factor between winning 6 games and not winning 6 games.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:34 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

red font?

Brutal seems like an overstatement.
We lost our starting C which is never a good position to lose but injuries are going to happen. I don't think injuries are going to be the deciding factor between winning 6 games and not winning 6 games.

Urban Meyer won a national title with his third string quarterback. And yes, I understand Ohio State has a more talented athlete pool to pull from, but it's all relative. We should not be this crippled by injuries year in and year out.

And it is every year. Every year some key injury occurs, that allows him to excuse the shortcomings. Build a better talent pool then, there shouldn't be that devastating of a drop off.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:36 pm

murt, it's only year 5. the cupboard was bare. the man needs time before he's here 5 years and competing for acc championships. only 5 more years
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:42 am

can't go under .500 with "the most talent we've had during my time here". just can't do it. once you put that out there, injuries are not an acceptable excuse. (i know everyone here knows it, it just blows my mind that this isn't universally accepted)

also hard to ignore that he's been pointing to this year since the day he got here. what a waste of half off a decade.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:10 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

yeah I don't see him getting 3 more wins. think the talent is there and will be there next year for a quick turn around

to hansen's point, think petrula has been one of our best lineman this year. pretty impressive for a true FR playing a new position.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:41 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

yeah I don't see him getting 3 more wins. think the talent is there and will be there next year for a quick turn around

to hansen's point, think petrula has been one of our best lineman this year. pretty impressive for a true FR playing a new position.

Recruit better if you don’t want the injuries to effect the team. The scheme is also a problem obviously
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:41 am

That's what is so infuriating with this dumbass. Half decent coach can be a 7-8 win team with this talent. The line still isn't great, which is upsurd at this stage.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:00 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:can't go under .500 with "the most talent we've had during my time here". just can't do it. once you put that out there, injuries are not an acceptable excuse. (i know everyone here knows it, it just blows my mind that this isn't universally accepted)

also hard to ignore that he's been pointing to this year since the day he got here. what a waste of half off a decade.

All those can'ts should've been in his contract. Since they aren't... he absolutely can.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:12 am

but, but, but... michigan was calling

(more like "buttcut, buttcut, buttcut"amirite?)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:51 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:but, but, but... michigan was calling

I remember Daz doing a victory lap in the tristate area after he got us to the Pinstripe Bowl. People actually asked if he was leaving.

Interesting thing is I have not heard of a victory lap like that one since.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:08 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:but, but, but... michigan was calling

HJS wrote:
This would've been like Daz being offered the Michigan job and turning it down because he had 3-years left on his contract and didn't want to leave "his guys". You know, instead of the exact opposite... where you have your agent aggressively put your name out there for the Michigan opening and then scare an empty suit to "keep" you with an extension that doubles your salary through 2020.

So frustrating that Bates fell for this:
1. There was no way in Hell a baby rapists was going to hire Daz; and
B. A baby rapists or NFL would not let a buy-out prohibit them from getting the coach they want.

The other reason that agents insist that their client's contract must be extended is recruiting: recruits need to know that the HC isn't going anywhere. If this is true, just offer the HC an extension with a termination clause that can be invoked at any time for any reason by the employer in exchange for a box of cannolis.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby tallsy on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:40 pm

I know BC never goes the retread route but thoughts on Bielema if he gets ousted at Arkansas?
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:41 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:can't go under .500 with "the most talent we've had during my time here". just can't do it. once you put that out there, injuries are not an acceptable excuse. (i know everyone here knows it, it just blows my mind that this isn't universally accepted)

Something about “half a decade” really made this point hit home.
Pretty depressing.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:58 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

Pretty depressing.

Don't start thinking about how Daz replaced Spaz. Because then it's a full decade.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:54 am

tallsy {l Wrote}:I know BC never goes the retread route but thoughts on Bielema if he gets ousted at Arkansas?

Not happening. He's never coached east of Illinois.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:37 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Pretty depressing.

Don't start thinking about how Daz replaced Spaz. Because then it's a full decade.

:suicide

p.s. You're tough and handsome and not at all fat... Please don't murter me!

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:06 pm

read an interesting article (forget where) about how the new signing period in december is going to move up and shorten the timeline for these coaching searches. good thought with players being able to sign in mid dec
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:55 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:read an interesting article (forget where) about how the new signing period in december is going to move up and shorten the timeline for these coaching searches. good thought with players being able to sign in mid dec

Did you know that it took Frank Beamer seven years to build his program at VT, but VT stuck with him through thick and thin and it paid off?!
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:18 pm

I think the message I'm reading between the lines is the fan base wants to hire Frank Beamer

your move, Corners
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:18 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:read an interesting article (forget where) about how the new signing period in december is going to move up and shorten the timeline for these coaching searches. good thought with players being able to sign in mid dec

Did you know that it took Frank Beamer seven years to build his program at VT, but VT stuck with him through thick and thin and it paid off?!

This has the makings of an excellent long term gag. I approve.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:47 am

Heard from a source that Jarmond wants to bring in new basketball and football head coaches sooner rather than later. Still think it is unlikely that he moves on both in same year, but we can hope.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:48 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Eddie George played in that game.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:56 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Heard from a source that Jarmond wants to bring in new basketball and football head coaches sooner rather than later. Still think it is unlikely that he moves on both in same year, but we can hope.

i also heard that from a source. i cannot reveal my source because i asked myself not to tell anyone where i got it from.

our coaches are not good at coaching. watching rcc take down louisville in front of a packed and excited house last night depressed me greatly. we suck and will continue to suck for the rest of my natural born lifetime :banghead
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:17 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
our coaches are not good at coaching. watching rcc take down louisville in front of a packed and excited house last night depressed me greatly. we suck and will continue to suck for the rest of my natural born lifetime :banghead

RCC's conference schedule is very favorable the rest of the way. Other than Clemson, they have @Pitt, @BC, @Wake and UNC. The Clemson game will probably decide who wins the division.

That said, I fully expect RCC to screw the pooch because they are stupid.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium