Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:22 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: watching rcc take down louisville in front of a packed and excited house last night depressed me greatly. we suck and will continue to suck for the rest of my natural born lifetime :banghead

And you don't even like sports. Imagine how the rest of us feel.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:24 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: watching rcc take down louisville in front of a packed and excited house last night depressed me greatly. we suck and will continue to suck for the rest of my natural born lifetime :banghead

i like to wager on sports and both of those games made me hate sports last night.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:35 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

i like to wager on sports and both of those games made me hate sports last night.

Must be hard to grit your teeth and endure your Rolly Klown co-workers this morning - taking breaks from plucking banjos to throw down moon pies and treat your cubicle like it's an above ground pool.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:51 am

yes - and one of them is an rcc/ne patriots double fan. he's the worst in general but setting new levels of worstitude today. he even shaved his hogs and painted them with rcc (boy) and patriots (girl) logo and is encouraging them to intercourse right in the kiosk lobby.

hog weeners are gross
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:21 am

Hogs are disgusting animals - you can feed and care for them every day of their loathsome, execrable, ungrateful lives and if you somehow fall asleep or god forbid faint from the stink of their manure in a place where hogs can reach you, you will awaken to find those hogs you loved and cared for and kept alive eating your intestines out of your ripped-open guts.

That Klown Karnie / Pats fan is going to one day get everything he deserves when he pours too much moonshine into his rotting mouth and wakes up the next day to find Mr, Mrs., and Junior hog feasting on the partially digested Waffle House hash browns in his mesocolon.

Until then ... let the shaven (and presumably oiled - if you're going to let pigs loose in an office, always butter them first) pigs squeal. Just don't you squeal like them.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:25 am

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:26 am

they do taste delicious, though... even if you prefer a sauce other than the perfection that is the vinegar based carolina bbq sauce (because you are a heathen with no taste buds).

although full disclosure, i do not think i have even eaten a hog weener - either the straight part or the corkscrew part
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:27 am

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:58 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:they do taste delicious, though... even if you prefer a sauce other than the perfection that is the vinegar based carolina bbq sauce (because you are a heathen with no taste buds).

although full disclosure, i do not think i have even eaten a hog weener - either the straight part or the corkscrew part

If you are ever in DC I recommend this restaurant: http://www.thepigdc.com/

I believe they serve every pig part except the weener
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:07 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:they do taste delicious, though... even if you prefer a sauce other than the perfection that is the vinegar based carolina bbq sauce (because you are a heathen with no taste buds).

If you are ever in DC I recommend this restaurant: http://www.thepigdc.com/

I believe they serve every pig part except the weener

The Purple Pig in Chicago is phenomenal as well.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:44 am

I guess we simply whiffed on which MAC level coach we signed up...looks like RCC and Wake did more homework....is it depressing or encouraging that we have finally hit rock bottom of ACC? Of course the rock bottom moment resulting in a rebound usually entails looking in a mirror, but that mirror is way broke.....
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:43 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:I guess we simply whiffed on which MAC level coach we signed up...looks like RCC and Wake did more homework....

It wasn't terribly difficult homework:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Nort ... tball_team
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Bowl ... tball_team
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Temp ... tball_team
eagletx {l Wrote}:is it depressing or encouraging that we have finally hit rock bottom of ACC? Of course the rock bottom moment resulting in a rebound usually entails looking in a mirror, but that mirror is way broke.....

The problem is that the only man looking in the mirror likes what he sees and has worked hard to get it this way.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Hogs have been known to be cannabilistic too.

P.s. if I was a pig, and I had nothing to eat and needed to survive, then I would probably eat a human too. Can’t say I blame them. I would just hope the human looking after me would be a real fatty like IB so I would have enough meat to survive for awhile.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:11 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Hogs have been known to be cannabilistic too.

P.s. if I was a pig, and I had nothing to eat and needed to survive, then I would probably eat a human too. Can’t say I blame them. I would just hope the human looking after me would be a real fatty like IB so I would have enough meat to survive for awhile.

I would also go straight for the cock, as I do with all humans. As a result, I would hate for eepstein to fall into my pen.

fixed
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BrightonEagle on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:57 pm

anyone know uconn's fans' view of moorhead?
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:10 pm

I think Addazio's days are numbered. The way it was told me is he told Jarmond at their first meeting that he thought he had a 7-8 win team if everyone stayed healthy. Then he started with the injury stuff and the forecast was lowered to 5-6 wins. Supposedly Jarmond was telling people he is drawing the line at five wins this year. I talked to someone who has diner with Leahy and he said Leahy will not stand in the way of making a change, even if it means eating three years of Addazio's contract. He wants Jarmond to have every chance to succeed and will back his play on Addazio.

As depressing as it was Saturday, it may be the best thing in the long run.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:27 pm

five wins is fine or five wins is fired? THIS IS IMPORTANT because we will win five games
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:18 pm

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... y-andersen
Gary Andersen is out at Oregon State.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:09 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:five wins is fine or five wins is fired? THIS IS IMPORTANT because we will win five games

Replace 5 with 3 and sure.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:18 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:five wins is fine or five wins is fired? THIS IS IMPORTANT because we will win five games

the team that definitely rolled notre dame has to have at least 3 more wins in their quiver, don't they?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

the team that definitely rolled notre dame has to have at least 3 more wins in their quiver, don't they?

Not sure there are enough arrows in that quiver to crack the rock.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I predicted four wins and a dry handie. If Jarmond's red line is fewer than five wins, then that is good and i hope it proves out.

The story that ATL revealed on his pericope interests me - Bates was told by BC sympathizers to a) not hire Addazio and b) call Chip Kelly, and Bates ignored all of it. How how how do so many freaking incompetents end up in such positions.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:48 pm

wait, blog boy does periscopes? can you watch his gingery skin burning from the lights as the session goes on?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:57 pm

I wrote about who they said not to hire years ago (McDonnell, Murphy and Addazio).http://atleagle.blogspot.com/2012/12/brad-bates-gambit.html

I was told I couldn't write about the Chip stuff then. But it has been five years and Kelly's taken two jobs since.

Kelly really likes BC, but as I keep saying he is a weird, unpredictable dude. Texas A&M and Tennessee are more likely than BC, but strange things can happen.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:18 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I predicted four wins and a dry handie. If Jarmond's red line is fewer than five wins, then that is good and i hope it proves out.

The story that ATL revealed on his pericope interests me - Bates was told by BC sympathizers to a) not hire Addazio and b) call Chip Kelly, and Bates ignored all of it. How how how do so many freaking incompetents end up in such positions.

I still fail to understand how they hire so many clueless people in the Athletic Department. I had the displeasure of talking with a few of them at the ND game, and heard nonesense about youth, injuries, etc.

There’s a lot going on in these jobs, but they’re not overly difficult either.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:42 pm

Lots of schools make bad hires. As Dick pointed out years ago, ADs tend to come from the jockocracy. There is not a lot of analytical thinkers or people with experience in other walks of life or lines of work. Even places that are hard to screw up, screw up. See LSU, Bama prior to Saban, USC's numerous issues. Etc. We just made a series of bad hires. Some were from a napoleonic AD who thought he was smarter than he actually was. Some were from the Chauncey Gardner of ADs. I hope that Jarmond actually makes a good decision or two while he is in charge.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:06 pm

Content!

Open the damn checkbook
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Thornton Melon on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:23 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I wrote about who they said not to hire years ago (McDonnell, Murphy and Addazio).http://atleagle.blogspot.com/2012/12/brad-bates-gambit.html

I was told I couldn't write about the Chip stuff then. But it has been five years and Kelly's taken two jobs since.

Kelly really likes BC, but as I keep saying he is a weird, unpredictable dude. Texas A&M and Tennessee are more likely than BC, but strange things can happen.

Love Buttcut in that clip "I want a partner". Yup, Daz is a perfect partner for that empty suit.
Thornton Melon
Carney Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:38 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I wrote about who they said not to hire years ago (McDonnell, Murphy and Addazio).http://atleagle.blogspot.com/2012/12/brad-bates-gambit.html

Thanks for sharing it now - this board is like a rust belt city with bad infrastructure - any time there's a drop of news, the sewers back up and flood into the basements. It's hard to filter through all the garbage here. For example, I have no idea what these Jay Wright references ever are, and the last time I asked about a gag I had missed, bomber told a story about receiving a haymaker from chick whose colon had been severed.

Hopefully the Jay Wright story doesn't involve a proctologist getting paged at 4am.

We love content, even those of us who suck at knowing sports. Chip Kelly, standing at his Knoxvile coronation press conference, receiving a hat made of varmint fur stained either with black powder from musket balls or grease from truck tires entertains me - that's a match that won't end well.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:01 am

Five wins is the pivot point. Even though Leahy will back Jarmond on whatever he decides, Leahy will expect Jarmond to make the case to him. The donors with access to Leahy are lining up on one side of this so it is not going to be a hard case to make, but he will have to present his arguments and be prepared to discuss alternatives.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium