Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:23 am

The idea that Addazio's career is over is laugh out loud stupid. Bare minimum, he's coaching the line In Columbus.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:42 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The idea that Addazio's career is over is laugh out loud stupid. Bare minimum, he's coaching the line In Columbus.

this

p.s. the coaching fraternity is incredibly strong; they always pick up a fallen brother knowing damn well it could be them next time.

p.p.s. if btardo-keeper had a butt baby, then it would be the worst sports poster in the history of message boardery.

there, i said it.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:55 am

LSU fans started a gofundme to buy out orgeron and "save" lsu football. lol
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:22 am

I would not assume Addazio is gone after this year. I was just invited up for Tech and the guy who invited me thinks 4-5 wins buys Addazio another year. He's basing this on a recent conversation with Jarmond. Apparently Jarmond gave him a long spiel about injuries and the challenges the program faces and so forth. He thinks Jarmond is softening the blow for when he announces Daz is back for next season. My guess is Leahy told him he would need to raise the money to buy out Daz and that's never happening.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby Thornton Melon on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:36 am

Im not doubting your source but I've had plenty of meetings in my career in which I had to defend employees that I fully intended to remove after the fact.

Jarmond has to put a positive spin out there right now - he's doing exactly what he should. I don't think it means anything one way or the other as to what he is thinking.

Put a different way - Martin Jarmond (yes, I know Leahy pulls the strings) is hiring or firing Jim Christian and Captain Coward after this season. If he keeps them, he's going to be lumped in with them in terms of results. I have no doubt that he knows this well. There's a reason he's out there talking about needing to win to donors, and it's because he damn well knows his fund raising is getting slaughtered by the performance of the major programs.

I actually think Slaughter will get one more year, mostly because of the buyout, and because there's so much apathy for the program that there isn't a real urgency to do so, but I do think Jarmond is doing what he's supposed to right now.
Thornton Melon
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:23 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:So... when I was looking to see how much money we gave Temple for the privilege of hiring Daz away from Philly, I came across his Wiki page. Good work boys.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Addazio
Known as the "Heinz Hammer", Addazio is well known for devouring large quantities of french fries and ketchup on his Monday night radio appearances.

there was a second part to this under the boston college subheading

Heinz Hammer
Addazio became known as the "Heinz Hammer" after consuming large quantities of ketchup on a weekly Monday evening radio spot. In a move that was well-received by the fanbase, Boston College proceeded to hand out Heinz bottles for fans in the season opener of 2017, against Wake Forest. BC lost that game 34-10.

the rest of you queers better not over do this and screw it up
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:28 pm

I would not have the first clue about editing a wiki page, but I do know that the first rule of Fight Club is that you don't talk about Fight Club.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:33 pm

i think that after every strong offensive or defensive play from the team the crowd should offer up a "HIT 'EM WITH THE HEINZ" cheer (similar to "first down, bitch")
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:49 pm

We could substitute "smack the bottle" for "crack the rock" as a perfect descriptor for the BC offense.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:49 pm

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:51 pm

ImageImageImage
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:01 pm

I'm all for handing out ketchup to the fans, but let's be careful we don't get any on their lab coats
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:18 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I'm all for handing out ketchup to the fans, but let's be careful we don't get any on their lab coats

or women's studies homework
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:08 pm

Occasionally, schools have used specific jersey numbers to attract recruits. For instance, Cuse has #44. Daz pulled out all the stops to land Eddy Fish... handing over the coveted #57.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:26 pm

This obviously means very little but thought I would post it.

I happened to overhear a conversation between Kamrin Moore's father and a random person before the CMU game and the issue of Addazio came up. He seemed to agree with the person he was talking to that it is probably time for a change, but also hinted at the fact that the players are still bought in and haven't quit on Addazio yet.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:33 pm

Daz is finished at BC. The decline in revenues is what got BB fired and will get Daz fired. Waiting an additional year for the problem to get worse is not going to happen. MJ was brought in to start fresh and that included picking his own coaches. He has terrific momentum with over 45 million raised for the IPF. There are good coaches available this year that will not be available next year.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:44 pm

and next year will be the first year that great coaches will not be available.

I'm not saying I disagree with your overall premise... just with the fact that you present your position like Chris Burke, only more retarded
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby tallsy on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:03 pm

Sean Kugler out at UTEP. Even there, 0-5 in year 5 is probably too much.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:56 pm

There are two very good candidates within our reach this year. Next year is an unknown, why risk waiting?

It's not easy finding a good coach, we can all agree on that. It's the main reason why BC should pay top dollar once they get a coach the quality of TC. Duke pays 10 million for Coach K. They probably consider part of his salary as advertising for the university. I just will never understand the logic is letting your best employees leave over money. The reality of the last ten years should be incentive enough to find and retain a top level coach. It's impossible to find a top coach every 5 years. It's the most important position in the whole program.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:03 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:There are two very good candidates within our reach this year. Next year is an unknown, why risk waiting?

It's not easy finding a good coach, we can all agree on that. It's the main reason why BC should pay top dollar once they get a coach the quality of TC. Duke pays 10 million for Coach K. They probably consider part of his salary as advertising for the university. I just will never understand the logic is letting your best employees leave over money. The reality of the last ten years should be incentive enough to find and retain a top level coach. It's impossible to find a top coach every 5 years. It's the most important position in the whole program.

When is the last time we "let" a coach leave over money? There was no way in Hell we were going to match Jax' offer.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:06 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:There are two very good candidates within our reach this year. Next year is an unknown, why risk waiting?

how do you know you hired a top coach for top dollar? using hindsight is an awesome measuring stick unless you are bound by the reality that you don't know the future until it happens.

your mongoloid methods of assuming an action will result in your chosen path (finish the corners, we'll sell them out; hire "coach-that-i-think-is-really-cool-mainly-because-i-want-to-see-him-naked" and we're guaranteed to sell out the stadium next year; sell beer at games and that will help attendance/get people into their seats on time, etc.) is mongoloidian. you need offer no further proof that you set the chromosome record for this website and should probably move on to worldcrossing or wherever nospace is posting now. those folks will give you a run for your current "most chromosomes on this website" title
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:12 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:how do you know you hired a top coach for top dollar? using hindsight is an awesome measuring stick unless you are bound by the reality that you don't know the future until it happens.

I know you are engaging in rhetorical banter with corners over Morehead, but the original point was mine and I applied it only to known quantities. You can overpay coaches that you can be fairly certain will succeed here, and those coaches will come if you overpay them, denying it is dumb.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:how do you know you hired a top coach for top dollar? using hindsight is an awesome measuring stick unless you are bound by the reality that you don't know the future until it happens.

I know you are engaging in rhetorical banter with corners over Morehead, but the original point was mine and I applied it only to known quantities. You can overpay coaches that you can be fairly certain will succeed here, and those coaches will come if you overpay them, denying it is dumb.

yes, you have the proper number of chromosomes and i agree with your point that we could overpay for a coach that is a "known quantity" but that still doesn't work out 100% of the time. corky's corners, on the other hand, pushes more coaches as a sure thing than there could possible be sure things in the history of all sure things

you also know that hiring that guy doesn't mean that the season tickets sell out on day 1 and the first season is at least 10-2 (which is viewed as mediocre for said sure-thing coach and his youth and injury players)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:36 pm

Every school will be willing to overpay for Chip Kelly. Also, his ego is probably too big to go from Oregon and NFL head coach to basically the minor leagues. IWNH.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:24 pm

Corners has to be an alias.

there, i said it.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:25 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Corners has to be an alias.

there, i said it.

i am starting to think this as well
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:29 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Corners has to be an alias.

there, i said it.

i am starting to think this as well

it's actually kinda depressing like finding out Santa doesn't exist.
i really was hoping someone was really this fucktarded. :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:40 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Every school will be willing to overpay for Chip Kelly. Also, his ego is probably too big to go from Oregon and NFL head coach to basically the minor leagues. IWNH.

Oregon was minor leagues before he got there. Rich Brooks was absolute clownshoes, and Bellotti had a couple of Jags-like seasons that were blips on an otherwise TOB like performance. Granted he wouldn't be able to rebuild by filling up the roster with super fast JUCOs here, but he'd get it done and fast. There are a few guys on the current roster that would look awesome running his system.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:41 pm

Oh, and Autzen Stadium is basically Alumni size wise.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Oh, and Autzen Stadium is basically Alumni size wise.

But Univ. of Oregon is king in Oregon. It is the only game in town pretty much. Chip Kelly would be the fifth most relevant coach in Boston, at best.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium