Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Postby Supahfan99 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:55 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Given that nobody posting on this site has approved of a coach since TC then you all have to accept that BC's program is no better than Wake's or RCC. It will always be an ACC doormat without another great coach. If you think BC can find a great coach every 5 years you are delusional. Get Moorhead, BOB or Chip, pay them and keep them long term. The alternative is what we have been living for the past ten years.

You're out of your gd mind (obviously) if you think BC is going to lock someone up under a long contract after the extensions Spaz and Daz got from Gene and Bates. Even if it was Bill freaking Belichick leaving the Patriots to come here.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:22 pm

Rookie QB + top OL done for the year + top LB done for the year + top WR done for the year = Year 6
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:08 pm

And the loss of what is left of the fan base.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:And the loss of what is left of the fan base.

Yea so as I explained to some of the natives here I am out on attending or watching BC Football until Addazio is fired. What happened at halftime Saturday was as cowardly as I’ve ever seen on a football field.

Luckily for me, this teams absolute ceiling is 4 wins and 2 wins is absolutely in play. I can’t cheer for BC to lose games, but everyone would be better off if they continue to lose football games for the remainder of the season. A loss to CMU or UConn would do a lot more good than harm.

Screw your Addazio.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:07 pm

I wouldn't mind a loss to CMU because I think that would seal the deal beyond any doubt
I kind of like having the undefeated record against UConn
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:41 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I wouldn't mind a loss to CMU because I think that would seal the deal beyond any doubt
I kind of like having the undefeated record against UConn

If I'm watching that CMU game, I'll be rooting for BC, but that will be perverse irrationality.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:54 am

Now that UVA looks competent, Addazio going winless in the ACC again is looking more and more likely. You can't spin that and you can't bring him back for Year 6.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:19 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Now that UVA looks competent, Addazio going winless in the ACC again is looking more and more likely. You can't spin that and you can't bring him back for Year 6.

Agreed. That would make him 2-22 in three years in the ACC. Even if he gets two wins that makes him 4-20. I don't see how you can bring him back with that. There is zero evidence this is going in the right direction.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:04 am

I said after the NIU game that BC will be 0-8 in the ACC and 3-9 overall. I'm losing confidence in winning the CMU game.

The loss in ticket sales alone will be greater than his 2.5 million dollar salary. If BC is not willing to pay to get Moorhead or to keep him after year 3, Don Brown is the answer. He will take 2 million per year and no one will come after him due to his age. He has some splash/national notability with his success at Michigan and he can flat out coach.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby flakes on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:27 am

Don Brown, Chip Kelly, Bill O'Brien, Charlie Strong -- not coming here.

There are going to be some big programs opening up...potentially Nebraska, LSU, A&M, Arkansas, Notre Dame...I don't think any of these take a chance on Moorehead except maybe Nebraska.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:54 pm

People who say so and so isn't coming here are retarded
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:People who say so and so isn't coming here are retarded

People who suggest Don Brown, Chip Kelly, Bill O'Brien or Charlie Strong are coming here are also retarded
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:40 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Can someone explain the math of "they'll make the money back on the Daz buyout and signing Chip for $4 million"?

Where is this $6.5 million coming from?

Coast Guard?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:03 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

People who suggest Don Brown, Chip Kelly, Bill O'Brien or Charlie Strong are coming here are also retarded

There's a difference between saying that the coach won't end up coming here and suggesting they never would come. I understand the school sucks at this.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:25 pm

BC will be if offered the best offer Don Brown gets. No way he turns down BC. Is Whipple a possibility? Played Tennessee tough today
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BC will be if offered the best offer Don Brown gets. No way he turns down BC. Is Whipple a possibility? Played Tennessee tough today

This is horrible trolling even by your low standard
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:34 pm

This at the end of the day BC is a career killing job.

What’s the sales pitch: Come to BC and get your teeth kicked in by the hardest division in college football and oh by the way you get to play VT every year also.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:16 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This at the end of the day BC is a career killing job.

:toby cashed in. Twas not BC that ended his career.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:43 am

Anyone watch the PSU-Iowa gamne? Herbie was slobbering all over Morehead. It was also interesting to note that before the last play of the game, the offense was huddled around Moorhead and Franklin was nowhere to be found. I know he is the coordinator but it looked a bit odd since they are usually up in the booth.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:02 am

I was made to wonder what might have gone through Chip Kelly's mind, sitting in studio watching BC and the defense trying to hold down Clemson without much help from the offensive other side of the ball. ("Ummmm...if I was their coach, I....").
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:01 am

I actually think that Addazio has improved the job somewhat. The roster is better on paper now than when he was hired, and the past few years a decent coach would have won 8 or 9 games. I don't think it's appealing by any stretch of the imagination, and we won't pry anyone away from even the shittiest of power 5 HC jobs, but I still think we could get a young and motivated coordinator from a decent program. You have to remember that these guys are so ambitious as to be massive idiots that think they could win anywhere
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:01 am

Moorhead is always on the sideline. Unlike BC his no huddle offense first reads the defense and then he sends in the play. Not Penn State's best game last night, but only Michigan and tOSU have a chance at beating them this year.

I was proud of the Mass kids yesterday (Bletzer, Yiadom, Dillon) they rallied this team. If we had Moorhead or Don Brown BC would have won that game. It's all coaching, BC has talent but they do lack depth. Brown proved that BC can have a top ten defense. BC just needs to get rid of Daz the Monday after the SU loss.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:24 am

Moorhead (nice) will have better options than BC available
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:02 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Anyone watch the PSU-Iowa gamne? Herbie was slobbering all over Morehead. It was also interesting to note that before the last play of the game, the offense was huddled around Moorhead and Franklin was nowhere to be found. I know he is the coordinator but it looked a bit odd since they are usually up in the booth.

When he had something like 560 yards of offense and 15 points, I thought "Yep, this guy is exactly who we will hire."
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:15 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Moorhead (nice) will have better options than BC available

What other Power 5 job will he be the leading candidate for? I can't see any of the SEC schools hiring a coordinator with no ties to the region. UCLA and Arizona State will likely have a regional focus. Success at Fordham has little value to most of the country (see the path Dave Clawson took).

Just because we hire bad and mediocre coaches doesn't mean that there have not been good guys available each round. Coaches know how precious these jobs are. Moorhead knows. Hell, UConn decided to roll the dice with Edsall again instead of giving Moorhead his shot.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:31 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

What other Power 5 job will he be the leading candidate for? I can't see any of the SEC schools hiring a coordinator with no ties to the region. UCLA and Arizona State will likely have a regional focus. Success at Fordham has little value to most of the country (see the path Dave Clawson took).

Just because we hire bad and mediocre coaches doesn't mean that there have not been good guys available each round. Coaches know how precious these jobs are. Moorhead knows. Hell, UConn decided to roll the dice with Edsall again instead of giving Moorhead his shot.

It's this.

The most frustrating part of all BC searches is that we've been the ones who has said no to quality candidates in favor of lesser choices (often because the lesser choice is more desperate for the job and willing to work for less). As for Yukon, while they did pass on Moorhead (who was their OC before being demoted by PP after not making HCRE's staff moving to MD), you can understand why as (a) HCRE is their TC and (b) the last time they hired a hot shot assistant from a major program there was some Civil ConFLiCT.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:39 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

It's this.

The most frustrating part of all BC searches is that we've been the ones who has said no to quality candidates in favor of lesser choices (often because the lesser choice is more desperate for the job and willing to work for less). As for Yukon, while they did pass on Moorhead (who was their OC before being demoted by PP after not making HCRE's staff moving to MD), you can understand why as (a) HCRE is their TC and (b) the last time they hired a hot shot assistant from a major program there was some Civil ConFLiCT.

Minnesota wanted him last off season. There will be more head coach openings than expected and there will be a more attractive jobs than BC.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:40 am

I wonder if the future schedule factors into Jarmond's decision at all, especially if Daz squeezes out 6 wins but sees a continued drop off in fan enthusiasm and attendance.

2018:
@ Purdue, UMass, Temple, Holy Cross and ACC home games against Clemson, Louisville, Syracuse, and Miami

@ Notre Dame, @ Rutgers, Kansas, Richmond and the shitty odd year home slate against FSU, NCST, Wake, and VT.

2018 is built for season ticket sales: Clemson, Louisville, Miami, Syracuse, Temple, UMass and HC. Peer schools, local interest, Miami in cross-over and no Carolina garbage. A big hire with that schedule and it could be a turning point type season...

Or we can wait til 2019, let Daz run the program and attendance a bit further into the ground, inevitably let the recruiting a talent drop off, and then try to hire someone for 2019, with 3 P5's on the OOC in addition to the usual ACC Atlantic meat grinder. BC will be a very, very unattractive option going into 2019...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:35 am

I don't understand these deep-dive analyses attempting to figure out Jarmond's thinking as it relates to keeping Dazoo. It isn't his call! Daz's future is tied to his contract. Period. End of story. What's his buyout? Will Leahy pay it? Will Leahy deduct said buyout from the pool funds available for the replacement? These are the only questions that need analyzing. Since none of us know Leahy's thinking, it is a waste of cyberspace trying to ascribe reason to the irrational.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:43 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I don't understand these deep-dive analyses attempting to figure out Jarmond's thinking as it relates to keeping Dazoo. It isn't his call! Daz's future is tied to his contract. Period. End of story. What's his buyout? Will Leahy pay it? Will Leahy deduct said buyout from the pool funds available for the replacement? These are the only questions that need analyzing. Since none of us know Leahy's thinking, it is a waste of cyberspace trying to ascribe reason to the irrational.

This is correct. Leahy will make the call on Addazio. He'll make the call on the next coach. Jarmond was hired to be a pretty face on the fund raising. He will make a recommendation on Addazio after the season, but the decision will be Leahy's. I can also tell you that no one at BC was expecting to make a coaching change for football this year. They tasked Jarmond with evaluating basketball first and getting the rest of the money for the new facilities.

I don't think they will have a choice on Addazio, but I don't think anyone is prepared for it.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium