Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:54 am

But talk about Coach Handsome!
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:22 pm

the longer this day goes on with Daz as head coach, the worse chance we have for a new head coach in my opinion.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:41 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:the longer this day goes on with Daz as head coach, the worse chance we have for a new head coach in my opinion.

Agreed. If he had been fired this morning, I would have felt much better about the chances of him getting fired.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:43 pm

You'd think think we'd hear something regardless, with the rumors having been out there and early signing day coming up. Feels irresponsible to just go dark on it
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:55 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:You'd think think we'd hear something regardless, with the rumors having been out there and early signing day coming up. Feels irresponsible to just go dark on it

This. Even Illinois announced that they extended Epstein;'s favorite coachj, Lovie Smith. Jarmond needs to say something.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:59 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:You'd think think we'd hear something regardless, with the rumors having been out there and early signing day coming up. Feels irresponsible to just go dark on it

This. Even Illinois announced that they extended Epstein;'s favorite coachj, Lovie Smith. Jarmond needs to say something.

Extending Lovie and that 1950's offense and defense he runs is an epic disaster. You really should just never hire ex-Buccaneers Head Coaches.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:01 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I don't think anyone has a clue as to what is happening right now... that is a good thing. MJ shouldn't be telegraphing anything or taking the temperature of donors. That said... it is still BC. Their timeline is there timeline. They do not move rashly or feel the need to speak publicly on any topic. I think something will be said at some point this week. It will either come from MJ or it will come from Daz telling reporters that he and MJ are on the same page and are excited about the future.

Daz's contract situation is interesting. I can't see MJ giving him a real extension. I can't see Daz agreeing to a fake extension. It is entirely possible that this resolves itself in one of those situations where there is a mutual agreement to pay Daz to leave and he immediately joins Urban's staff.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:05 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I don't think anyone has a clue as to what is happening right now... that is a good thing. MJ shouldn't be telegraphing anything or taking the temperature of donors. That said... it is still BC. Their timeline is there timeline. They do not move rashly or feel the need to speak publicly on any topic. I think something will be said at some point this week. It will either come from MJ or it will come from Daz telling reporters that he and MJ are on the same page and are excited about the future.

Daz's contract situation is interesting. I can't see MJ giving him a real extension. I can't see Daz agreeing to a fake extension. It is entirely possible that this resolves itself in one of those situations where there is a mutual agreement to pay Daz to leave and he immediately joins Urban's staff.

I think your second paragraph is spot on. Jarmond isn't handcuffing himself to Daz, that's not a good move for him to make. Daz is way too proud to take a fake extension that he knows is a death sentence.

Only question that remains is can he get good Italian in Columbus.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:06 pm

hey hansen, when do you normally post your dumbass videos of the team telling lies and saying vague garbage? i feel like it's monday or tuesday - in which case we should see one of those dumb videos from t.s. slaughter today or tomorrow... unless he's getting shitcanned
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:10 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:hey hansen, when do you normally post your dumbass videos of the team telling lies and saying vague garbage? i feel like it's monday or tuesday - in which case we should see one of those dumb videos from t.s. slaughter today or tomorrow... unless he's getting shitcanned

Wishful thinking, TRE. Just accept the fact that the idiot will be back next year for another 7-win season. Next year though, it'll be the 6-6 plus bowl win variety.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:14 pm

FWIW the dazzler appears to be on the road doing a home visit with the QB commit according to twitter.

The fight goes continues...
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:16 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:FWIW the dazzler appears to be on the road doing a home visit with the QB commit according to twitter.

Well I think that about says it all. Nothing left to see here.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:18 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:FWIW the dazzler appears to be on the road doing a home visit with the QB commit according to twitter.

hopefully its another zero-threat quarterback that heinz seems to excel in bringing to the heights and not developing in any way. i'd hate for him to lose out on that aspect of his role in his next 5 years here
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:21 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:hey hansen, when do you normally post your dumbass videos of the team telling lies and saying vague garbage? i feel like it's monday or tuesday - in which case we should see one of those dumb videos from t.s. slaughter today or tomorrow... unless he's getting shitcanned

Hansen is busy looking at Dwight Howard's twitter.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:24 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

disagree.

if you think the bot got together to discuss it (which one would imagine they'd have to do on a position this substantial) on thanksgiving weekend, you're nuts. id imagine the discussion is occurring today, perhaps at this moment.

that said, if we don't hear anything by this evening, think theres a >90% chance hes staying.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:27 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

disagree.

if you think the bot got together to discuss it (which one would imagine they'd have to do on a position this substantial) on thanksgiving weekend, you're nuts. id imagine the discussion is occurring today, perhaps at this moment.

that said, if we don't hear anything by this evening, think theres a >90% chance hes staying.

I just wonder if he'd be out recruiting if discussions about his future were taking place.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:30 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

disagree.

I just wonder if he'd be out recruiting if discussions about his future were taking place.

if it's still being discussed and not yet decided, i can see that he would continue with his previously scheduled activities... which is why a decision needs to be made and he needs to be removed from further fucking up the bc football program
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:46 pm

I expected news of a firing by lunchtime today. I don’t like this. Fire his ass already.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby MrAwesomeII on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Hi guys. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

Hate to rain on the parade (yuk yuk, get it, parade at Thanksgiving time?? yuk yuk), but this is a total non-story.

Coach Addazio IS NOT GETTING FIRED.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

wow, did they really? his current buyout is likely 12 million
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:58 pm

I can never remember if Gumshoes is MrAwesome or MrAwesomeII.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:07 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I can never remember if Gumshoes is MrAwesome or MrAwesomeII.

mr. awesome and mr. awesom ii are the same poster. senor awesome is a different poster.

the knife of asia is also a different poster. the knife of asia is not related to mr. awesome at all, i just thought i would mention an old shtick poster. i figured this action was necessary since the bc athletic department huffs jenkem and butt chugs wine coolers
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:09 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I can never remember if Gumshoes is MrAwesome or MrAwesomeII.

mr. awesome and mr. awesom ii are the same poster. senor awesome is a different poster.

the knife of asia is also a different poster. the knife of asia is not related to mr. awesome at all, i just thought i would mention an old shtick poster. i figured this action was necessary since the bc athletic department huffs jenkem and butt chugs wine coolers

RIght. Senor Awesome.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:13 pm

Senor Awesome can't remember his password
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:33 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

wow, did they really? his current buyout is likely 12 million

Correct, it was $12mm and too costly to dump him. that being said, Lovie has the youth excuse but funny thing is you don't hear him complain about it.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:44 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

disagree.

The above post seems about right.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:06 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Senor Awesome can't remember his password

he should send huang a private message. huang is the only one that can fix it since justin left to run off with steve perry
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MrAwesomeII on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:07 pm

Truth. That is all gentlemen.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:09 pm

Interesting. The dreaded "no comment" from Jarmond when asked about Daz's future.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... d-colorado
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:17 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Interesting. The dreaded "no comment" from Jarmond when asked about Daz's future.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... d-colorado

If you were definitely sticking with him, wouldn't you say so?
BC923
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium