Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Postby NEUBCfan on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:43 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:Loeffler named HC of Bowling Green

https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1067798840105938945?s=21

Sick zinger
NEUBCfan
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:01 pm

NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:

Sick zinger

fresh news report. i can see you missing it since it was buried in a thread titled "loeffler to bowling green"
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby NEUBCfan on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:07 pm

NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:

Sick zinger

fresh news report. i can see you missing it since it was buried in a thread titled "loeffler to bowling green"

Sicker zinger
NEUBCfan
n00b

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:26 pm

NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:

Sick zinger

Sicker zinger

Is this jhiggi?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:48 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:

Sick zinger

Sicker zinger

Is this jhiggi?

that's my assumption
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:37 pm

paul johnson retiring, unwinding from the triple option will be interesting
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:00 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:paul johnson retiring, unwinding from the triple option will be interesting

Satterfield would be a mostly painless way of doing it but then I saw Ken Whisenhunt as the first name mentioned and remembered that all the ADs in the coastal must be fucking stupid so they won't make the smart move
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:00 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:paul johnson retiring, unwinding from the triple option will be interesting

Or they just hire Navy's guy again?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:04 pm

***OB NEWS EXCLUSIVE***
Georgia Tech head coach Paul Johnson is retiring.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:35 pm

Why can't Adazzio just retire too?
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:54 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:Why can't Adazzio just retire too?

Now THAT would be beautiful.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:Why can't Adazzio just retire too?

he's not able to realistically cover his catsup nut at this point
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Brohm staying at Purdue, tough news for Louisville.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Manny on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:05 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Brohm staying at Purdue, tough news for Louisville.

They should hire Brian instead and see if anybody notices.
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:47 pm

The bigger news is that Purdue, historically referred to as Purdont, is paying 6 million per year.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:23 pm

Apparently UNC Charlotte just paid James Madison’s coach $2 million or thereabouts to coach the 6th best FBS program in the state of North Carolina. I wish we had the ambition of UNC Charlotte.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:12 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The bigger news is that Purdue, historically referred to as Purdont, is paying 6 million per year.

They’re historically referred to as Purdude.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagletx on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:34 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:Absolutely ZERO chance of six wins next year with Daz. He’ll be gone at the end of next year

I will echo this. This team will blow next year especially on defense

The team blew THIS year. The offensive line with some 164 starts (or whatever the fuck those 5 lineman have got) had virtually no control of the line of scrimmage all season long against kids 2 and even 3 years younger than them. Should have been a piece of cake running the ball and getting first downs what with a Heisman hopeful at running back.

This is perhaps as telling and glaring indictment of Addazio's ineffectiveness, maybe even more than his inability to recruit or develop quarterbacks. If you accept that its his DNA to run the ball and then run it again, then recruiting and developing OL has to be his highest priority. With the experience and lack of significant injury along the line this year, and with RB depth, one can only conclude that this was perhaps the greatest failing in a highly disappointing season. Year six, and one need only focus on this aspect of the Addazio resume to conclude he is second rate.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:25 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:Absolutely ZERO chance of six wins next year with Daz. He’ll be gone at the end of next year

I will echo this. This team will blow next year especially on defense

The team blew THIS year. The offensive line with some 164 starts (or whatever the fuck those 5 lineman have got) had virtually no control of the line of scrimmage all season long against kids 2 and even 3 years younger than them. Should have been a piece of cake running the ball and getting first downs what with a Heisman hopeful at running back.

This is perhaps as telling and glaring indictment of Addazio's ineffectiveness, maybe even more than his inability to recruit or develop quarterbacks. If you accept that its his DNA to run the ball and then run it again, then recruiting and developing OL has to be his highest priority. With the experience and lack of significant injury along the line this year, and with RB depth, one can only conclude that this was perhaps the greatest failing in a highly disappointing season. Year six, and one need only focus on this aspect of the Addazio resume to conclude he is second rate.

I still can't wrap my head around the Bailey redshirt situation.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:36 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I still can't wrap my head around the Bailey redshirt situation.

Why? It is the same redshirt situation that befell EJ Perry when he handed the ball off 3 times against UConn to secure his one and only Participation ribbon. Daz, Spaz, Henning... when you are bad at making decisions, it isn't usually sandboxed to one thing.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:10 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:I still can't wrap my head around the Bailey redshirt situation.

Why? It is the same redshirt situation that befell EJ Perry when he handed the ball off 3 times against UConn to secure his one and only Participation ribbon. Daz, Spaz, Henning... when you are bad at making decisions, it isn't usually sandboxed to one thing.

Interestingly, the plan according to Daz earlier in the season was for Bailey to NOT redshirt this year. he then proceeded to not play him for several games. clearly, Daz should have chosen one or the other and stuck to it as opposed to doing what he did which was the worst possible choice of all.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:17 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Interestingly, the plan according to Daz earlier in the season was for Bailey to NOT redshirt this year. he then proceeded to not play him for several games. clearly, Daz should have chosen one or the other and stuck to it as opposed to doing what he did which was the worst possible choice of all.

At some point midseason, didn't Daz actually say he would redshirt?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:37 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

At some point midseason, didn't Daz actually say he would redshirt?

Maybe I am misremembering then.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:12 pm

FHCRD will get a big bump in salary and coach in waiting once urban decides to have another health scare

Source: Ohio State expects to retain Ryan Day; oh and about Urban…
By Scott Roussel -
November 30, 2018
Tweet
Ever since taking over for Urban Meyer on an interim basis back in August the whispers have been prevalent: “Ryan Day is ready for a big job.”

Depending on which publications you read, Day has been rumored for nearly every meaningful college job and is in the wind for NFL offensive coordinator jobs as well. This comes after turning down reported interest for Mississippi State’s head coaching gig and the Tennessee Titans’ offensive coordinator job last winter.

With that said, sources tell FootballScoop Ohio State is taking Ryan Day off the job market, with a significant raise coming and with the (most likely) unwritten understanding that he is in line to become head coach once Urban steps down. What’s that you say? Urban stepping down? So about that…

While Urban has stated repeatedly publicly that he plans to coach next year, sources tell FootballScoop that the Ohio State head coach continues to contemplate his future on an ongoing basis, and we hear he has told Gene Smith that he doesn’t expect to continue to coach past the 2019 season. One source told us we should expect Urban to address this in the days following Saturday’s Big Ten Championship.

While Meyer has publicly reiterated his plans to coach next season, he has also laid out reasons why it would make sense to step away. Most notably, holding an informal press conference late last month detailing his ongoing bout with an arachnoid cyst in his brain that has led to “aggressive headaches.”

Though he had brief experience with Meyer previously — serving as a graduate assistant on Meyer’s first Florida staff — Day was not hired with an eye toward making him Meyer’s eventual successor. The 39-year-old was hired after two years working with Chip Kelly to revamp the Buckeyes’ struggling passing offense, and in 2017 he helped Ohio State jump from 44th to fifth nationally in passing efficiency. That led to a raise and promotion as Ohio State’s sole offensive coordinator this season, a season in which he has impressed by serving as interim head coach through training camp and the first three games of this season (all wins). While managing that increased responsibility, Day has also coordinated a Buckeye attack that has retooled on the fly to fit the skill set of first-time starting quarterback Dwayne Haskins, and still ranks second nationally in total offense and seventh in scoring heading into Saturday’s Big Ten championship.

NFL teams could come calling in the coming weeks and while no one should ever say never in these situations, sources tell FootballScoop that Ohio State likes its positioning to keep Day in Columbus for the foreseeable future.

http://footballscoop.com/news/source-oh ... -oh-urban/
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:25 pm

Now that he's done it multiple years to Perry and Bailey, I don't think Daz is being careless, I think he's he's being cynical

Those are both guys who might very well have wanted to transfer and play immediately if they had redshirted, rather than wait here for the incumbents to graduate

If only Daz could manage a clock half as well :roll:
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:15 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:FHCRD will get a big bump in salary and coach in waiting once urban decides to have another health scare

Source: Ohio State expects to retain Ryan Day; oh and about Urban…
By Scott Roussel -
November 30, 2018
Tweet
Ever since taking over for Urban Meyer on an interim basis back in August the whispers have been prevalent: “Ryan Day is ready for a big job.”

Depending on which publications you read, Day has been rumored for nearly every meaningful college job and is in the wind for NFL offensive coordinator jobs as well. This comes after turning down reported interest for Mississippi State’s head coaching gig and the Tennessee Titans’ offensive coordinator job last winter.

With that said, sources tell FootballScoop Ohio State is taking Ryan Day off the job market, with a significant raise coming and with the (most likely) unwritten understanding that he is in line to become head coach once Urban steps down. What’s that you say? Urban stepping down? So about that…

While Urban has stated repeatedly publicly that he plans to coach next year, sources tell FootballScoop that the Ohio State head coach continues to contemplate his future on an ongoing basis, and we hear he has told Gene Smith that he doesn’t expect to continue to coach past the 2019 season. One source told us we should expect Urban to address this in the days following Saturday’s Big Ten Championship.

While Meyer has publicly reiterated his plans to coach next season, he has also laid out reasons why it would make sense to step away. Most notably, holding an informal press conference late last month detailing his ongoing bout with an arachnoid cyst in his brain that has led to “aggressive headaches.”

Though he had brief experience with Meyer previously — serving as a graduate assistant on Meyer’s first Florida staff — Day was not hired with an eye toward making him Meyer’s eventual successor. The 39-year-old was hired after two years working with Chip Kelly to revamp the Buckeyes’ struggling passing offense, and in 2017 he helped Ohio State jump from 44th to fifth nationally in passing efficiency. That led to a raise and promotion as Ohio State’s sole offensive coordinator this season, a season in which he has impressed by serving as interim head coach through training camp and the first three games of this season (all wins). While managing that increased responsibility, Day has also coordinated a Buckeye attack that has retooled on the fly to fit the skill set of first-time starting quarterback Dwayne Haskins, and still ranks second nationally in total offense and seventh in scoring heading into Saturday’s Big Ten championship.

NFL teams could come calling in the coming weeks and while no one should ever say never in these situations, sources tell FootballScoop that Ohio State likes its positioning to keep Day in Columbus for the foreseeable future.

http://footballscoop.com/news/source-oh ... -oh-urban/

The optimist in me says that Jarmond had been working behind the scenes to facilitate an Addazio firing with an agreement for Day to take over. OSU realized this was happening, and has committed money and a future promise of HC for tOSU - effectively stomping out Jarmond's plan. Jarmond is considering other options, but realizes the other candidates would likely have a large negative impact on our current roster and incoming recruiting class and therefore has to submit to keeping the Dazzler.

The realist in me says that Leahy has cucked Jarmond with regard to making a change away from our current Bowl King (or is it Blow King?).
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:46 pm

If BC hires Day, he might only stay for one year and then bolt to tOSU. Looking at what Purdue paid Brohm, I think the most realistic candidate remains Don Brown. He could hire Whipple as his OC.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:45 pm

The only guys I want less than Ryan Day are Don Brown and Mark Whipple. Other than TOB
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flakes on Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:17 pm

Folks are delusional if they think we could even get a guy like Day or Carmichael. They have hitched their wagons to Meyer and Payton respectively and Day will eventually get a bigger name program and Carmichael will get a look from any NFL teams that fire their coach.

We're looking at a retread like Jeff Tedford or someone like that. Mike Norvell would be interesting but I think he's probably got his eyes on a better gig as well.

All that said...Daz is not going anywhere this year.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:55 pm

Jeff Tedford is a 1000 times better than Ryan Day. Christ, yes please.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium