Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:47 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Moorhead (nice) will have better options than BC available

What other Power 5 job will he be the leading candidate for? I can't see any of the SEC schools hiring a coordinator with no ties to the region. UCLA and Arizona State will likely have a regional focus. Success at Fordham has little value to most of the country (see the path Dave Clawson took).

Just because we hire bad and mediocre coaches doesn't mean that there have not been good guys available each round. Coaches know how precious these jobs are. Moorhead knows. Hell, UConn decided to roll the dice with Edsall again instead of giving Moorhead his shot.

It's this.

The most frustrating part of all BC searches is that we've been the ones who has said no to quality candidates in favor of lesser choices (often because the lesser choice is more desperate for the job and willing to work for less). As for Yukon, while they did pass on Moorhead (who was their OC before being demoted by PP after not making HCRE's staff moving to MD), you can understand why as (a) HCRE is their TC and (b) the last time they hired a hot shot assistant from a major program there was some Civil ConFLiCT.

Minnesota wanted him last off season. There will be more head coach openings than expected and there will be a more attractive jobs than BC.

But he didn't get the job, did he? They went with a winning MAC coach. I am not saying no one will be interested. My point is that I don't think he will be offered a better job than BC this year.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:57 am

What's Leahy's buyout?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:10 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:What's Leahy's buyout?

there's really no where else for him to go because his performance hasn't attracted any interest from other schools. shouldn't we be happy that he wasn't just using bc as a stepping stone? isn't that what we're all searching for?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:30 am

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I don't understand these deep-dive analyses attempting to figure out Jarmond's thinking as it relates to keeping Dazoo. It isn't his call! Daz's future is tied to his contract. Period. End of story. What's his buyout? Will Leahy pay it? Will Leahy deduct said buyout from the pool funds available for the replacement? These are the only questions that need analyzing. Since none of us know Leahy's thinking, it is a waste of cyberspace trying to ascribe reason to the irrational.

This is correct. Leahy will make the call on Addazio. He'll make the call on the next coach. Jarmond was hired to be a pretty face on the fund raising. He will make a recommendation on Addazio after the season, but the decision will be Leahy's. I can also tell you that no one at BC was expecting to make a coaching change for football this year. They tasked Jarmond with evaluating basketball first and getting the rest of the money for the new facilities.

I don't think they will have a choice on Addazio, but I don't think anyone is prepared for it.

Jim Christian has a way better chance of surviving than Addazio. It’s like 20% to 0%, but still
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:37 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

What other Power 5 job will he be the leading candidate for? I can't see any of the SEC schools hiring a coordinator with no ties to the region. UCLA and Arizona State will likely have a regional focus. Success at Fordham has little value to most of the country (see the path Dave Clawson took).

Just because we hire bad and mediocre coaches doesn't mean that there have not been good guys available each round. Coaches know how precious these jobs are. Moorhead knows. Hell, UConn decided to roll the dice with Edsall again instead of giving Moorhead his shot.

It's this.

The most frustrating part of all BC searches is that we've been the ones who has said no to quality candidates in favor of lesser choices (often because the lesser choice is more desperate for the job and willing to work for less). As for Yukon, while they did pass on Moorhead (who was their OC before being demoted by PP after not making HCRE's staff moving to MD), you can understand why as (a) HCRE is their TC and (b) the last time they hired a hot shot assistant from a major program there was some Civil ConFLiCT.

Minnesota wanted him last off season. There will be more head coach openings than expected and there will be a more attractive jobs than BC.

But he didn't get the job, did he? They went with a winning MAC coach. I am not saying no one will be interested. My point is that I don't think he will be offered a better job than BC this year.

To further the point, it is incredibly rare for a Power 5 coordinator from one school to take another Power 5's head coaching job based solely upon his time as a coordinator. Pitt has done it somewhat successfully with Paul Chryst and Pat Narduzzi. In canvasing all the 65 current Power 5 head coaches, only 6 got the job based upon their coordinatorship at other schools: Pitt's Pat Narduzzi (MSU DC), RU's Chris Ash (tOSU DC), WVU's Dana Holgorsen (Okie State OC), MD's DJ Durkin (Mich DC), Cal's Justin Wilcox (Wisco DC) and Vandy's Derek Mason (Stan DC). Texas Tech's Kliff Kingsbury (TAM OC) and Georgia's Kirby Smart (Bama DC) would otherwise have qualified but really got the job because of their status as alumni. Further, while David Cutcliffe came to Duke from Tenn OC, he was a successful Head Coach at Ole Miss for 6 years.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:44 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I don't understand these deep-dive analyses attempting to figure out Jarmond's thinking as it relates to keeping Dazoo. It isn't his call! Daz's future is tied to his contract. Period. End of story. What's his buyout? Will Leahy pay it? Will Leahy deduct said buyout from the pool funds available for the replacement? These are the only questions that need analyzing. Since none of us know Leahy's thinking, it is a waste of cyberspace trying to ascribe reason to the irrational.

This is correct. Leahy will make the call on Addazio. He'll make the call on the next coach. Jarmond was hired to be a pretty face on the fund raising. He will make a recommendation on Addazio after the season, but the decision will be Leahy's. I can also tell you that no one at BC was expecting to make a coaching change for football this year. They tasked Jarmond with evaluating basketball first and getting the rest of the money for the new facilities.

I don't think they will have a choice on Addazio, but I don't think anyone is prepared for it.

Jim Christian has a way better chance of surviving than Addazio. It’s like 20% to 0%, but still

there is not a chance in hell that flattop is still allowed on campus after may 2018 (and likely even earlier than that). you're high on eo coaching lotion if you think any differently
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:30 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

It's this.

Reports said he took his name out of consideration for the job. I hope you're right and BC offers him the job, but I think MOJs post goes to my point, DJ Durkin is a good comp.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 pm

I heard he withdrew his name right after Schiano did.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:08 pm

If it didn't get JOB fired, I doubt it will get Jim McElwain canned... but, it does bring up fond memories of Gerard Abrams.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... estigation
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:07 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:

there is not a chance in hell that flattop is still allowed on campus after may 2018 (and likely even earlier than that). you're high on eo coaching lotion if you think any differently

Do I detect another bet?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:24 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:

Do I detect another bet?

whenever you are ready, mark cuban
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:26 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:

Do I detect another bet?

whenever you are ready, mark cuban

I don’t care and am too lazy. You two have fun
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Jim Christian is the head coach of our beloved Boston College Eagles basketball team on June 1, 2018? Agreed?

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:54 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Jim Christian is the head coach of our beloved Boston College Eagles basketball team on June 1, 2018? Agreed?

i do not agree he will be the head coach of the boston college eagles on june 1st 2018. therefore, i agree those are the terms of our wager
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:38 pm

I think people are arguing from two different perspectives. One perspective is what Leahy will do and the other is a purely business perspective of what should be done. Both Daz and JC should be canned after this season. They will never be successful at BC. The monies lost from ticket sales, concessions, donations and from increased ticket sales, increased concessions, donations and merchandise sales by replacing Daz with Moorhead or another very good coach far exceed the 5-6 million BC owes Daz. The same goes for JC, Conte is empty, there are less than 1,000 seats sold as season tickets and his contract is only 1 million or less per year.

Let's add in the fact that Moorhead and others might not be available next year or in 2020. It's a huge financial risk to bring Daz back when we know that Moorhead is available this year. You have to have candidates in mind now, not 2 months or 2 years from now. You have to be prepared, you have to have a plan.

What does all this mean? It means that HJS is correct, Leahy will fuck this up royally!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I think people are arguing from two different perspectives. One perspective is what Leahy will do and the other is a purely business perspective of what should be done. Both Daz and JC should be canned after this season. They will never be successful at BC.

Agreed.
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The monies lost from ticket sales, concessions, donations and from increased ticket sales, increased concessions, donations and merchandise sales by replacing Daz with Moorhead or another very good coach far exceed the 5-6 million BC owes Daz. The same goes for JC, Conte is empty, there are less than 1,000 seats sold as season tickets and his contract is only 1 million or less per year.

The problem is that some who argue from the business perspective are just plain wrong about pretty much everything involving the business perspective.
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:What does all this mean? It means that HJS is correct.

Agreed.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I think people are arguing from two different perspectives. One perspective is what Leahy will do and the other is a purely business perspective of what should be done. Both Daz and JC should be canned after this season. They will never be successful at BC. The monies lost from ticket sales, concessions, donations and from increased ticket sales, increased concessions, donations and merchandise sales by replacing Daz with Moorhead or another very good coach far exceed the 5-6 million BC owes Daz. The same goes for JC, Conte is empty, there are less than 1,000 seats sold as season tickets and his contract is only 1 million or less per year.

Let's add in the fact that Moorhead and others might not be available next year or in 2020. It's a huge financial risk to bring Daz back when we know that Moorhead is available this year. You have to have candidates in mind now, not 2 months or 2 years from now. You have to be prepared, you have to have a plan.

What does all this mean? It means that HJS is correct, Leahy will fuck this up royally!

i forget - when we signed ts slaughter (an obvious improvement from :spaz2 ) did we immediately sell out the stadium with pre-order season ticket sales, or were the season ticket requests oversold beyond the available capacity which created an immediate wait list for tickets.

it's only been 5 years so you think i'd be able to remember, but i just cant seem to remember how many tens of thousands of ticket sales the heinz hammer added through his hiring

p and s - you are a walking, talking dildo with shit stains on both the tip and handle
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:26 pm

For the record, my comments on making up the money presumed a real splash, not just a better coach like Moorhead. Like spending $4 million on Jay Wright or Chip Kelly. Otherwise, no TRE is correct, it would take a while.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:46 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Jim Christian is the head coach of our beloved Boston College Eagles basketball team on June 1, 2018? Agreed?

i do not agree he will be the head coach of the boston college eagles on june 1st 2018. therefore, i agree those are the terms of our wager

We're on!

This is like stealing candy from a fish-baby in a barrel. Then shooting it

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:54 pm

We're on!

your avatar is going to be the glisteningiest cock this website has ever seen.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:For the record, my comments on making up the money presumed a real splash, not just a better coach like Moorhead. Like spending $4 million on Jay Wright or Chip Kelly. Otherwise, no TRE is correct, it would take a while.

It’s the above as usual.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:For the record, my comments on making up the money presumed a real splash, not just a better coach like Moorhead. Like spending $4 million on Jay Wright or Chip Kelly. Otherwise, no TRE is correct, it would take a while.

It’s the above as usual.

how often do you two fuck now that you aren't going to football games?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:42 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

It’s the above as usual.

how often do you two fuck now that you aren't going to football games?

they gave admitted to only doing mouth stuff
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:39 pm

It's not going to take time to see another drop off in ticket sales if you bring back Daz. If attendance drops another3,500 per game@$50 per seat that is half of Daz's contract. Increased ticket sales will always take time, but we are not talking about a one year deal with Moorhead. You have to do a 5 year projection on ticket sales. You can't just throw away another year trying to save 2.5 million. No way BC does not lose more ticket sales next year with Daz vs this year. Bringing back Daz for another year is a losing financial proposition for BC.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:13 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:It's not going to take time to see another drop off in ticket sales if you bring back Daz. If attendance drops another3,500 per game@$50 per seat that is half of Daz's contract. Increased ticket sales will always take time, but we are not talking about a one year deal with Moorhead. You have to do a 5 year projection on ticket sales. You can't just throw away another year trying to save 2.5 million. No way BC does not lose more ticket sales next year with Daz vs this year. Bringing back Daz for another year is a losing financial proposition for BC.

so what's happened over the last 5 years with red mustard vs his inferior predecessor? we must be billions ahead of where we were financially under spaz

p and s - even Chris Burke would say you're fucking retarded
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:29 am

Looks like both Jurich and Pitino are out in Ville. Hard to see Petrino returning next season when there will likely be other opportunities with the high number of jobs that will be opening up soon.
https://www.diehards.com/louisville/pau ... by-petrino
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Why would BC be ahead financially by hiring one bad coach to replace another? You probably are too young to remember the effect TC had on ticket sales. He left after 3 years, but in year 4 ticket sales were up over 12,000 seats with the expanded stadium sold out. We're back down to 30,000 average attendance. BC also has started to see income from beer and wine sales. Add in 15,000 more fans equals more beer sales. It's all about revenue.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:51 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Why would BC be ahead financially by hiring one bad coach to replace another? You probably are too young to remember the effect TC had on ticket sales. He left after 3 years, but in year 4 ticket sales were up over 12,000 seats with the expanded stadium sold out. We're back down to 30,000 average attendance. BC also has started to see income from beer and wine sales. Add in 15,000 more fans equals more beer sales. It's all about revenue.

I was at bc for all the Tom coughlin years. There was no immediate ticket sale increase. You are dumber than a child parented by Hansen and nospace
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:00 pm

We're on!

can everyone here at EO create a synthetic CDO of side-bets on this one?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:11 pm

Yes, ticket sales increased under TC. I doubt you went to many games. Do you remember when the stadium was expanded? Who do you think was responsible for those extra 12,000 season ticket sales? I know that business is not your field and that is why I try to keep things simple for you to understand.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium