Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel/Candidates Mega Thread

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:56 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:tennessee is apparently looking at brohm, that'll make next years ooc that much easier

I heard that Jeff's brother Brian will be a better NFL quarterback than Matt Ryan.

But which Brohm porked Candi Fisher?

Jesus, Jimbo, HER NAME WAS CANDI. How stupid could you be? Are you from West Virginia or something?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:07 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:tennessee is apparently looking at brohm, that'll make next years ooc that much easier

So no guarantee of success, but Brohm put together a fun offense at Purdue and made them feisty this year.

They may have tripped on their dicks and landed in an alright position.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:29 pm

In a preemptive strike against FSU, Oregon just made an unsolicited offer of a contract extension to Willie Taggart.
https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... twitter_si
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:10 pm

Moorhead offered Donnie Brown the DC position at Miss State: http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-d ... ppi-state/

For folks who bemoan the importance of "fit", I find the Moorhead Miss State thing fascinating. I mean, if he wasn't so desperately afraid of his prospects in a post-Saquon Barkley world, he could've waited a few hours and taken the Purdue gig (where he would likely be much more successful).

Dave Doeren must have the same agent as TOB. He apparently was all packed and ready to go to Ole Miss. After they decided to keep Matt Luke, he scrambled to get involved with Miss State. Now that that is closed, his agents are hoping the Brohm thing falls a part so he can get involved with Tennessee. All the while, he is supposedly negotiating with Yow for an extension (beyond his automatically occurring one). Just another day at RCC.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 905452001/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:42 pm

I IB'd Oregon's box scores/record and Taggart appeared to have a very Addazio-like year. Losing conference record and 7-5 overall. Blowout losses to Washington, WSU, and Stanford as well as a 17 point defeat to UCLA. Whatever mess he inherited, it still couldn't have been as bad as a Spaz roster.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:53 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Moorhead offered Donnie Brown the DC position at Miss State: http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-d ... ppi-state/

For folks who bemoan the importance of "fit", I find the Moorhead Miss State thing fascinating. I mean, if he wasn't so desperately afraid of his prospects in a post-Saquon Barkley world, he could've waited a few hours and taken the Purdue gig (where he would likely be much more successful).

Dave Doeren must have the same agent as TOB. He apparently was all packed and ready to go to Ole Miss. After they decided to keep Matt Luke, he scrambled to get involved with Miss State. Now that that is closed, his agents are hoping the Brohm thing falls a part so he can get involved with Tennessee. All the while, he is supposedly negotiating with Yow for an extension (beyond his automatically occurring one). Just another day at RCC.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 905452001/

Is his resume laminated?

Also, Yow is terrible at all the things.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:03 pm

Looks like Jonathan Smith is headed to Oregon State. This has to be the most obscure prediction I have ever gotten correct.
http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index ... athan.html
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:05 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:...Yow is terrible at all the things.

she's not terrible at looking like someone foot would do sex on...

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:12 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:...Yow is terrible at all the things.

she's not terrible at looking like someone foot would do sex on...

:x
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:19 pm

I cannot attest to whether or not Yow is bad at sporting a weener.

I hear that John Gruden is going to coach both Tennessee and NC State next year. He's so good he can alternate like that, since they aren't that far apart. But who will he coach for when Tennessee and NC State face off in the national championship next year after posting undefeated seasons with Gruden at the helms? It doesn't matter, because either way, JOHN GRUDEN WINS.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:29 pm

His wife’s name was Candi. He should have seen that coming.

EDIT. Dammit, tonto beat me to it.
Last edited by hansen on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:30 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I IB'd Oregon's box scores/record and Taggart appeared to have a very Addazio-like year. Losing conference record and 7-5 overall. Blowout losses to Washington, WSU, and Stanford as well as a 17 point defeat to UCLA. Whatever mess he inherited, it still couldn't have been as bad as a Spaz roster.

But he has put together the 6th ranked recruiting class nationally (according to 247) and #1 in the PAC10, which is fishy, with only 5 of their 25 verbals from in state.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:05 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I IB'd Oregon's box scores/record and Taggart appeared to have a very Addazio-like year. Losing conference record and 7-5 overall. Blowout losses to Washington, WSU, and Stanford as well as a 17 point defeat to UCLA. Whatever mess he inherited, it still couldn't have been as bad as a Spaz roster.

But he has put together the 6th ranked recruiting class nationally (according to 247) and #1 in the PAC10, which is fishy, with only 5 of their 25 verbals from in state.

Impressive, if done legally. But at FSU, recruiting is relatively easy and talent is not their problem. I have no idea if he's good at the Xs and Os.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagletx on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:59 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:It seems that David Sutcliffe is the latest to tell Tennessee he is not interested. Supposedly, he just informed them that he would prefer instead to finish his career in Durham.

In other news, Moorhead has finally gotten his name out there... but at the terrible Miss State job. If he takes that career killer, then he cannot claim to be terribly selective as to fit.

Curious why you dump on MSU job. Because they are perennial also-rans? If that's the case, then include BC and most other power five jobs to your list as terrible coaching situations.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:05 pm

BC fans don't treat it like it's a "destination school" like many Mississippi State fans do.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle33 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:56 pm

Everybody and their brother is running as fast as they can from Tennessee. They're now reportedly focusing on Doeren. Hopefully he'll run away too and they can shift their focus to the 3rd place ACC COY.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:13 pm

I don’t think Miss St is a great job, but it’s all about the money and nobody wants to wait until next year to sign a multi year, multimillion dollar contract. Moorhead would have been a perfect fit at BC.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:19 am

We've already had this conversation about the incredible shittiness of the Miss State job. For those who who missed it...

HJS {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:There is nothing wrong with the Mississippi State job other than it being in Mississippi and in the same division with Alabama, LSU and Auburn. It's the SEC's NCSU.

And it is the shittier and by far less attractive job in MISSISSIPPI. I also think calling MSU the NCSU of the SEC is unfair to RCC. Say what you want about it as a academic institution, but NC State sits in the Research Triangle and gets some cache from that. They have also won a couple of basketball national championships over the past 40 years or so and a half dozen ACC football titles since the 50s. Mississippi State's crowning achievement as a sport's program is either the 1996 Final Four or their success as an also ran among elite baseball programs--they won an SEC Title in 1941 but were crushed by Duquense in the Sugar Bowl. They also apparently went undefeated (with one tie in 1940, which cost them an SEC title) and nipped Georgetown in the Orange Bowl. In sum, Mississippi State may be the worst Power 5 job and Starkville is awful even by Mississippi standards--hell, Southern Miss is in a more attractive location.

You have to go back to Murray Warmath in 1952-1953 to find a MSU coach with a winning conference record (that includes Mullen). Before Mullen, you have to go back to Darrell Royal (1954-55) to find a coach with a winning overall record in Starkville. Saying MSU is a good program is to ignore all of history before 2009. The ACC does not have a correlative program in its midst such as Miss State. The Bulldogs have that unique trifecta of being a terrible academic institution in a terrible location with absolutely no athletic success. Hell... their stupid mascot is forgettable as it was already taken by a more established SEC school. It is Rutgers without the charm of New Brunswick. It is Texas Tech without the football success. It is Washington State without the lofty 140th USNWR ranking.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:00 am

Who is going to make a better hire? Arkansas or Tennessee?

I still don't know if I buy Malzhan to Arkansas but maybe there's something I'm missing?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:46 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Who is going to make a better hire? Arkansas or Tennessee?

I still don't know if I buy Malzhan to Arkansas but maybe there's something I'm missing?

At this point, I am surprised Tennessee doesn't go after Petrino.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:11 am

doeren is hilarious but then again it seems like coaches have thrown their names in the hat just for a raise. also if you google doeren, under 'people also searched for' you get addazio

in 5 years at ncst doeren is 15-25 (this is his first year at .500 in acc), the exact same record as daz.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:39 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Who is going to make a better hire? Arkansas or Tennessee?

At this point, I am surprised Tennessee doesn't go after Petrino.

I wish someone would!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:09 am

Doeren has been offered the Tennessee job. Debbie Yow has countered with more money, years and money for his staff.

This is so RCC... for months they have been slow-playing Doeren's extension. Now, that someone else came calling they offer more than they ever have before. Seems they bumped him to $3mm/5-years/more money for assistants. Have to assume that Tennessee tops that. BTW... how in the world are Vol fans OK with an NCS record of 33-30 and not a RU record of 68-67???
Last edited by HJS on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:20 am

Did Doeren and his staff recruit Finley?

Regardless, NC State is out of their minds for getting into a bidding war for Doeren.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:23 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Regardless, NC State is out of their minds for getting into a bidding war for Doeren.

Agreed. ATL was talking about how we should hope for Doeren to leave to create more turmoil. But, I have a hard time believing that their next coach will be as bad as DD.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:26 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Regardless, NC State is out of their minds for getting into a bidding war for Doeren.

Agreed. ATL was talking about how we should hope for Doeren to leave to create more turmoil. But, I have a hard time believing that their next coach will be as bad as DD.

Maybe it will be Steve Addazio? There is a history.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:31 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Did Doeren and his staff recruit Finley?

Regardless, NC State is out of their minds for getting into a bidding war for Doeren.

i was talking with my rcc alumni co-workers yesterday and all admitted that doreen put together a nice recruiting class and it would be less than optimal to lose him, but they didn't plan to donate more money to keep him around. they sounded much like we would if tamzarian extended and increased t.s. slaughter after this sweet ass 7-5 season
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:44 am

Wouldn't it be worse for BC at this point in the coaching carousel for Adazzio to leave? We'd have no choice but to get.. who? Off the top of my head who is there? Ryan Day (I personally think would be good, but I know it'd make most of your heads explode)
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:52 pm

I think for all of Steve Adazzio's in-game deficiencies (pick one, I don't give a shit) his offensive system can really work in today's game of finesse and spacing because nobody outside of FSU/Miami/Clemson has the personnel to defend a physical ground and pound game. You need a lot of large defensive linemen to be able to eat those lanes, especially considering we roster blocking tight ends and will routinely have extra linemen/TE's in there. Very few teams have that, they have smaller pass-rushers or edge rushers that absolutely are obselete against a large line. It really is a nice counter to the modern game. That being said, what we need in order for it to work is a good, physically dominant line... a decent QB that will make you respect the run game (a guy like Murphy or ABrown will do), and a defense to make sure we don't have to play down two scores.

When you have a system like this, you don't need to compete with big programs for multiple four/five star prospects to be in it; find your guys that will do. I mean, don't have 20 fliers on signing day, but what Daz can recruit (about 15 3-stars) has worked.

Obviously that's a lot of fucking prerequisites to fill, but his offensive system can dominate with the right pieces. Let's see what he can do now that he has his back, an improved and improving line, a consistently good defense, and a young QB.
Last edited by BCEagles25 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Jarmond should already have a potential top 5 list and have tangentially discussed with those coaches agents.

A good AD would never get caught flat footed.

Now Jarmond's top 5 and BC admins top 5 may not be the same list but the point is an AD should be familiar enough with the landscape and made enough connections to have some idea on who to approach.

It's why hiring a search firm for anything other than a background check is hilarious and points to an Athletics Department that is inept.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium