Other Games Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Other Games Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:12 pm

The CBS SEC color analyst is awful.
Auburn has nothing without their RB.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:21 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:The CBS SEC color analyst is awful.
Auburn has nothing without their RB.

Yes Auburn having an injured Kerryon Johnson playing and not nearly at full strength was a significant part of the game. Believe he had a costly fumble.

Auburn looked so impressive on their first drive but the offense was a dud thereafter. TO's and a blocked FG killed drives.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:37 am

Wisconsin has a minimum of 3 losses (likely 4) if they played our schedule.

OSU is a talented team who would be destroyed by Bama. Will be interesting to see the fallout of them being left out. Two baby rapists jockeying with no clear media power favorite (slight edge to Bama v OSU, but this is really Bama v Big10).

Based on how this will be seeded, the repeat of the last 2 National Championships will be in Round 1 (with the winner the runaway favorite to win it all).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:42 am

head to head i think bama would win but i think it has to be osu, 11 games against p5 teams, 2 top 10 wins, conf champ. bama played 1 top 10 team and lost

also some serious :kudos are in line for dabo. the guy who lost to spaz has turned his program into the premier in college football over the last couple of years. lose a one in a generation qb for a program and follows that up with a demolition tour of one of the most difficult schedules.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:14 am

I hadn't watched Clemson since our game? Or the Syracuse game, I can't remember which was second.

But I was pretty impressed with how much better Kelly looks now as opposed to the early part of the season.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:55 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Wisconsin has a minimum of 3 losses (likely 4) if they played our schedule.

OSU is a talented team who would be destroyed by Bama. Will be interesting to see the fallout of them being left out. Two baby rapists jockeying with no clear media power favorite (slight edge to Bama v OSU, but this is really Bama v Big10).

Based on how this will be seeded, the repeat of the last 2 National Championships will be in Round 1 (with the winner the runaway favorite to win it all).

I Would pick Alabama over tOSU if we are picking the better team. However, I’m not a fan of seeing 2 teams from the same conference in the playoff.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:53 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Wisconsin has a minimum of 3 losses (likely 4) if they played our schedule.

I Would pick Alabama over tOSU if we are picking the better team. However, I’m not a fan of seeing 2 teams from the same conference in the playoff.

Agree. I think they pick tOSU. With Georgia in, they piss off the SEC less than they would the BiG if they picked Alabama.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:57 am

Bama 4,
0.0hioSt 5
in both AP and Coach's polls. They got it right.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:09 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:head to head i think bama would win but i think it has to be osu, 11 games against p5 teams, 2 top 10 wins, conf champ. bama played 1 top 10 team and lost

also some serious :kudos are in line for dabo. the guy who lost to spaz has turned his program into the premier in college football over the last couple of years. lose a one in a generation qb for a program and follows that up with a demolition tour of one of the most difficult schedules.

The funny thing is that suddenly Alabama is getting punished for their SOS, and they scheduled FSU OOC. On some level you're punishing 'Bama for the bad luck of FSU having a down year.

In my book, Ohio State's loss to Iowa is unforgivable. If it was 2-losses both against top 10 or even to 25 teams, fine, conference championship and total quality wins trumps 'Bama's. But 'Bama went 11-1 after scheduling a great and challenging set of games. They only lost one game, on the road to a top 10 team. They deserve to get in over Ohio State.

And I say this despite the fact that I also hate a conference getting 2-teams in (especially the SEC), and would prefer conference champions to be guaranteed a playoff spot. But still, Bama deserves it.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby bcshater on Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:01 pm

Just released on today's globe. I think the committee got it right.

Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, and Alabama are this season’s final four, the college football playoff selection committee unveiled on Sunday afternoon.

Clemson (12-1) earned the top seed, Oklahoma (12-1) got the No. 2 seed, Georgia (12-1) is the No. 3 seed, and Alabama (11-1) was the last team in at the No. 4 seed.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:04 pm

more comfortable with a team whose best win was lsu (who lost at home to troy)?

again, i think bama is better team if you line them up but based on what's happened this year think ohio state deserved it
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:54 pm

BC gets crapped on a lot by college football media and fans, and rightfully so at times, but UVA is an massive embarrassment of a football program that skates without any criticism year in and year out. They have not had a winning season in 6 years and just got obliterated by Navy. It must be nice being an ACC blue blood.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:25 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:BC gets crapped on a lot by college football media and fans, and rightfully so at times, but UVA is an massive embarrassment of a football program that skates without any criticism year in and year out. They have not had a winning season in 6 years and just got obliterated by Navy. It must be nice being an ACC blue blood.

Needed to call more fake field goals
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:32 pm

James Madison loses to North Dakota St. in the FCS final. James Madison receivers had a lot of dropped passes and costly TO's destroyed the Dukes chances.

NFL - Kansas City could not put Tennessee away in the first half. Tennessee now ahead 22-21 with 4:48 left in the game. Early whistle in Tennessee 2 point conversion I thought, this prevented Kansas City running back Tennessee's 2 point conversion after a Mariotta fumble.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:56 pm

bcshater {l Wrote}:James Madison loses to North Dakota St. in the FCS final. James Madison receivers had a lot of dropped passes and costly TO's destroyed the Dukes chances.

NFL - Kansas City could not put Tennessee away in the first half. Tennessee now ahead 22-21 with 4:48 left in the game. Early whistle in Tennessee 2 point conversion I thought, this prevented Kansas City running back Tennessee's 2 point conversion after a Mariotta fumble.

Tennessee wins 22-21. Mariotta catches and odd TD reception. Alabama alum Derrick Henry had a good game.

Jon Gruden's last telecast before going to the Raiders. 10 years / $100 million for a guy who hasn't coached in 10 years. You have got to be kidding.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:22 pm

Dumbest thing the Bills could do is double down on their coach McSomething because he dick tripped into the playoffs in a year that they were arguably trying to tank.

So I’m guessing he’ll get that Gruden money.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium