Other Games Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Other Games Thread

Postby Iggle on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:35 pm

that int by o'korn was one of the worst passes I have ever seen
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:40 pm

how the hell is Wake losing at home to Duke?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:41 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:that int by o'korn was one of the worst passes I have ever seen

He is terrible.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:47 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Yukon just missed an XP to get Cincy into OT, had to kick long XP after unsportsmanlike penalty, was going to go for 2 if not for penalty

read from bottom

it's unbelievable how bad harbaugh's offense is
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcshater on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Nice 94 yard drive by Auburn in the Iron Bowl.

War Eagle 7
Crimson Tide 0
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Huge fumble by Auburn QB, 3rd and goal from inside the 5. Fumble recovered by Alabama.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:25 pm

if BAMA! loses this game, what's the argument for them to make the final 4? sure on paper they're probably the best team but they would have 0 top 15 wins and maybe 2 top 25 wins
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcshater on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:42 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:if BAMA! loses this game, what's the argument for them to make the final 4? sure on paper they're probably the best team but they would have 0 top 15 wins and maybe 2 top 25 wins

I have been thinking about this scenario. In order for Alabama to get in Georgia would have to defeat Auburn next week. Wisconsin though may be a factor but their schedule has not been great.

Bama 7
Tigers 7

8 minutes left in 1st half
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:48 pm

bcshater {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:if BAMA! loses this game, what's the argument for them to make the final 4? sure on paper they're probably the best team but they would have 0 top 15 wins and maybe 2 top 25 wins

I have been thinking about this scenario. In order for Alabama to get in Georgia would have to defeat Auburn next week. Wisconsin though may be a factor but their schedule has not been great.

Bama 7
Tigers 7

But if Alabama wins and loses to Georgia next week in the SEC Championship Game I would not be surprised if both Georgia and Alabama are in the playoffs. Providing that Alabama does not get blown out by Georgia.

We will eventually see an 8 team playoff which would be perfect and reduce controversies.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:01 pm

UNC up at NC State 14-12, just before HT.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:22 pm

bcshater {l Wrote}:
bcshater {l Wrote}:

Bama 7
Tigers 7

But if Alabama wins and loses to Georgia next week in the SEC Championship Game I would not be surprised if both Georgia and Alabama are in the playoffs. Providing that Alabama does not get blown out by Georgia.

We will eventually see an 8 team playoff which would be perfect and reduce controversies.

Alabama is going to have a real hard time winning the game at this point. Losing 26-14, ten minutes left it is looking bleak.

• If Alabama loses, the playoffs will probably be ACC Champion, SEC Champion, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin
  • If Alabama wins, then loses to Georgia, then the playoffs will be Alabama, Georgia, Wisconsin, & ACC Champion. I think Oklahoma sucks a lemon
  • If Clemson loses to South Carolina today but beats Miami (they will) then the ACC is out of the playoffs, especially if Alabama loses. Alabama would "back in" to the playoffs at 11-1.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:27 pm

With Miami and Alabama (likely) losing this weekend, I can't see any possible way that Wisconsin misses the playoffs. I assume they have to play Ohio State next weekend and even if they lose that game, at 12-1, they wont be any lower than #4 in everyone's poll.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:23 pm

I don’t envy the CFP committees job.
So many deserving 1 and 2 loss teams this year and no real clear cut favorites.
And, If Wisconsin loses next week to tOSU, then it will be absolute madness.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:45 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:And, If Wisconsin loses next week to tOSU, then it will be absolute madness.

That makes it easy, Bama takes the 4th spot
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:53 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:With Miami and Alabama (likely) losing this weekend, I can't see any possible way that Wisconsin misses the playoffs. I assume they have to play Ohio State next weekend and even if they lose that game, at 12-1, they wont be any lower than #4 in everyone's poll.

Wisconsin loses next week, they’re OUT
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:54 pm

Somewhere Randy Rhoades is weeping.

They're not out, but they need help.

As I see it:
a) B10 and SEC champs are in.
b) ACC champ is in unless it's a 2-loss Clemson (ie they lose to SC tonight then beat Miami).
c) Oklahoma is in if they win the B12CG.

If either B or C don't happen, Bama is in. If neither happens, Bama is in and then Clemson is probably back in.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:09 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:Somewhere Randy Rhoades is weeping.

As I see it:
b) ACC champ is in unless it's a 2-loss Clemson (ie they lose to SC tonight then beat Miami).

If either B or C don't happen, Bama is in. If neither happens, Bama is in and then Clemson is probably back in.

CFB committee has never:

- Taken two teams from one conference
- Taken a two-loss team
- Taken three teams from the same region of the country

Are the first three precedents?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:55 pm

1. The winner of The ACC CG is in;
2. The winner of the SEC CG is in;
3. If Wisc wins they are in;
4. If Oklahoma wins they are in.
5. If Wisc loses to 0.0hio St, they are out.

After that, who knows.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:58 pm

clemson, fsu & louisville stomp their sec rivals, 3-1 isn't too bad for a 'down year' in acc
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:27 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:1. The winner of The ACC CG is in;
2. The winner of the SEC CG is in;
3. If Wisc wins they are in;
4. If Oklahoma wins they are in.
5. If Wisc loses to 0.0hio St, they are out.

After that, who knows.

I "think" the rankings tomorrow will be as follows:

• #1 Clemson
  • #2 Wisconsin
  • #3 Oklahoma
  • #4 Auburn
  • #5 Georgia
  • #6 Alabama
  • #7 Miami
  • #8 Ohio State
  • Notre Dame, USC, Washington, blah-blah-blah, noise

The rest I don't care about.

Oklahoma, Clemson, Miami, Auburn and Georgia are already in the "playoffs." Its just that their playoffs start next week and all 5 teams have to win one more game to guarantee their playoff spot. If any of them lose, they are out. And of these five teams, only two are guaranteed to get in and a maximum of three will get in.

I refuse to consider Ohio State for the playoffs. They have 2 losses and both losses were real bad losses. They are exactly where TCU is right now, just trying to win a spot in a non-playoff Big-6 Bowl game. Win and they will do just that.

I am of the opinion that Auburn is the ONLY 2-loss team that has a legitimate shot at the playoffs. And that is only because their resume is so outstanding. They beat not one, but TWO #1 ranked teams during the regular season. I can't remember the last time any team in college football ever accomplished that. Perhaps that has never been done before?

Okay so there is only 2 or 3 teams that can objectively earn their spot in the playoffs and ALL of those spots will be earned on merit. The committee won't have to do very much at all. That leaves Wisconsin, the last remaining Power-5 unbeaten.

If Wisconsin loses to Ohio State, I can't see them dropping BELOW Alabama and Ohio State is not going to leap them. Ohio State is too far down in the polls and with two really bad losses. Wisconsin will drop to #4. The only way they drop to #5 (and out of the playoffs) is if the committee floats Alabama up from #6 to #4 by virtue of not playing. I really can't see Wisconsin missing the playoffs. The only question that I see is if they will remain at #2 or drop to #4.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:37 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

As I see it:

CFB committee has never:

- Taken a two-loss team

Upon further reflection I think I was a little off, SEC and ACC champs are in, Wisconsin and Oklahoma are in if they win, if one or both don't then Bama and Ohio State are next in line (probably but not necessarily in that order--personally I'd take 11-2 OSU over 11-1 Bama, but I suspect the committee would disagree).

As for the "has nevers", something is likely going to have to give unless Wisconsin and Oklahoma both take care of business. They could take USC (itself a 2-loss team) or even UCF I suppose, but I don't see either of those teams getting in over Bama or OSU.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:26 am

I didn't look at the methodology here but this is a fun tool to play with:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... id=rrpromo
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:25 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

As I see it:

CFB committee has never:

- Taken a two-loss team

Upon further reflection I think I was a little off, SEC and ACC champs are in, Wisconsin and Oklahoma are in if they win, if one or both don't then Bama and Ohio State are next in line (probably but not necessarily in that order--personally I'd take 11-2 OSU over 11-1 Bama, but I suspect the committee would disagree).

As for the "has nevers", something is likely going to have to give unless Wisconsin and Oklahoma both take care of business. They could take USC (itself a 2-loss team) or even UCF I suppose, but I don't see either of those teams getting in over Bama or OSU.

The ACC got screwed today. There is a huge B1G-T(14)EN bias as evidenced by Ohio State's undeserved ranking. I had Miami at #7, They dropped Miami all the way down to #8, f-cking them right in the ass. Even if Miami wins, I don't see them creeping up to #4 and getting into the playoffs. Instead, I see the SEC sending TWO teams to the playoffs if Clemson loses. I don't think Miami can possibly leap-frog Alabama which is wrong. Really (given the current rankings) the only way Miami gets into the playoffs is if Oklahoma loses. Oklahoma must get knocked off by TCU which would "bubble-up" Miami to #4, regardless of the Wisconsin-Ohio State game or the Georgia-Auburn game. If Miami makes the playoffs, then Alabama MUST make the playoffs. There is no 3rd way.

There are 62 voters in the poll. The fact that 21 of them picked the #3 ranked team in the nation to be the #1 ranked team in the nation, is just craziness. All 4 of the top 4 teams got first place votes in that poll. None had a majority of the votes, only a slight plurality for Clemson. That has never happened before this late in the season. It will be December before any of those top 4 teams play another game, and all 4 are regarded by some of the "experts" as the best in the nation.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:56 pm

You know they don’t do the playoffs off the coaches poll right
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:22 pm

At least one projection for pinstripe against Iowa. Would be a good one
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:00 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:You know they don’t do the playoffs off the coaches poll right

Yes I knew that. Thank you for correcting me. Okay, Miami is not that bad off now. +5 for you
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:36 pm

Bignick is back! Nick start posting please, stop lurking.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:41 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:At least one projection for pinstripe against Iowa. Would be a good one

Would be perfect, imo.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:32 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

As I see it:

CFB committee has never:

- Taken a two-loss team

Agree that the ACC champ is def in as is OK if they win. I personally think Wisconsin is in as well — win or lose. Probably Auburn too but I think BAMA or Georgia (if they win) would be better options. As for UCF, leaving out a team win 0 losses seems harsh but with only 4 spots something has to give.

I honestly wish they would make winning the Power5 conference title a prerequisite and move to 8 teams (3 wildcards). That would effectively make it a 16 team playoff with the first round being the title games. It also accommodates the shitheads from South Bend when they are actually good and some slots for teams like UCF or other power 5s when worthy). That said, I realize Iwnh as it would take away some of the cfb corruption which is a hallmark of the NCAA.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Georgia 10 Auburn 7 at the end of the 1st half. Auburn on their first drive and looked unstoppable and scored a TD. Georgia capitalizes on Auburn TO from inside the red zone and capitalizes on the TO with a TD.

George true freshman QB From looks great when given time to throw, which he wasn't given early in the game.
bcshater
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium