2017 Pre-Season

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Pre-Season

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:00 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

bc is doing some hardknocks type show

Haven't watched, yet. Do they sample a lot of Jay-Z songs?

Whoever came up with the idea deserves a raise.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:11 pm

I sort of half assed watched it and it is a pretty strong effort.

You can do this shit when your players are smart.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flakes on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Who is going to start at QB? Also, does Dillon start over Hilliman?
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:06 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:Who is going to start at QB? Also, does Dillon start over Hilliman?

based on the BC Hard Knocks video, i'm guessing Hilliman is the named starter but all the guys will get touches. Daz has basically said as much i think.

no idea who starts at QB, but i fear the dreaded QB rotation. the way Daz has breathlessly hyped Lindstrom as the Next Big Thing, and based on him playing RT in training camp, i wonder if Wade is going to be the starter (and Lindstrom is RT to protect Wade's blindspot as a lefty).
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:41 pm

25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:Who is going to start at QB? Also, does Dillon start over Hilliman?

based on the BC Hard Knocks video, i'm guessing Hilliman is the named starter but all the guys will get touches. Daz has basically said as much i think.

no idea who starts at QB, but i fear the dreaded QB rotation. the way Daz has breathlessly hyped Lindstrom as the Next Big Thing, and based on him playing RT in training camp, i wonder if Wade is going to be the starter (and Lindstrom is RT to protect Wade's blindspot as a lefty).

Just finished Decide to Fly, really well done.

It's going to be Wade and they'll rotate the RBs. Lindstrom at RT tips his hand. Wade was also much better in the Spring Game, I'd be genuinely concerned if Brown was the starter.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flakes on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:

It's going to be Wade and they'll rotate the RBs. Lindstrom at RT tips his hand. Wade was also much better in the Spring Game, I'd be genuinely concerned if Brown was the starter.

I feel like Brown has some great physical tools. Wonder if he's just too inconsistent right now. If Hilliman sucks again this year I wonder how long Daz continues to play him
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:51 am

Of course Wade is going to start. Hopefully the offense rolls and Brown gets to play the 4th Q. My biggest concern is Daz running up the middle on first and second down and Wade running for his life on 3rd down. If this idiot can't figure out after 4 years that he has to let his OC run the offense then he will be out of a job in 3 months.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:42 am

flakes {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:

I feel like Brown has some great physical tools. Wonder if he's just too inconsistent right now. If Hilliman sucks again this year I wonder how long Daz continues to play him

I'm only working on what I've seen but Brown is inconsistent.

Wade's deep ball is weak but he's good at everything else
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:10 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:

I'm only working on what I've seen but Brown is inconsistent.

Wade's deep ball is weak but he's good at everything else

Wade looked to be the exact opposite of Towles. Accurate, but without the pretty deep balls.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:22 am

flakes {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:

Hilliman is a preseason all conference choice by usa today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2017/08/21/college-football-2017-florida-state-clemson-best-conference/584170001/
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:40 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:

Hilliman is a preseason all conference choice by usa today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2017/08/21/college-football-2017-florida-state-clemson-best-conference/584170001/

USA today still have multiple pages?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:30 pm

mario14b {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/college_football/2017/08/boston_college_s_chris_lindstom_adjusts_to_new_position

so now it's:

Montiero - Schmall (?) - Baker - Lazard (?) - Lindstrom

Did Elijah Johnson get hurt ?

He had a knee injury during spring practice... guessing he's still recovering. http://bceagles.com/news/2017/4/6/football-spring-practice-report-april-6.aspx?path=football&mobile=skip

daz's best friend sully said it was an acl tear:

Addazio says that the Eagles will not commit to a standard five-man offensive line that plays together in a single unit, but instead will rotate with seven guys--eight if last year's starting left guard Elijah Johnson can return from an ACL tear this season.

https://bostoncollege.rivals.com/news/addazio-pleased-with-effort-in-fourth-week-of-practice
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:21 am

landry ranked #4 by mcshay

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insid ... -nfl-draft

4. Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College

Grade: 93

Landry led the nation with 16.5 sacks and seven forced fumbles last season. He's an explosive edge rusher with terrific burst, bend and closing speed coming off the edge. I have slight concerns about his length and frame -- he's listed at 6-foot-3, 250 pounds -- but he should be an effective NFL defender and projects as an every-down player.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:53 am

Landry also made the ESPN Pre-Season All American team. Interestingly, no ACC players were selected for offense but 6 were selected on D.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... rican-team
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:39 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Addazio says that the Eagles will not commit to a standard five-man offensive line that plays together in a single unit, but instead will rotate with seven guys--eight if last year's starting left guard Elijah Johnson can return from an ACL tear this season.

I don't like this. I think OLine chemistry is important.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:28 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

agreed - the rotation structures have proven dramatic failures in the past... and o-line seems to be the stupidest place to instill rotations.

tamzarian needs to fire this guy soon!
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:00 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I don't like this either because it is telling me that Addazio can't settle on 5 that are clearly better than the others which may mean they all suck (kind of like ALL the QBs in 2015 & 2016)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:26 pm

Baker and Kam Moore elected Captains.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium