Jags HC at ND

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Jags HC at ND

Postby DrJackRyan on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:13 pm

Former Head Coach Jags has bounced back in a strong way, new Head Coach at Notre Dame.

What's that? Not..Head Coach....Offensive Line Coach...ok, that's still not too bad. Back at a major program you can make a move to OC or even HC from there if you do a good job. Jags back in the college game in a major way..

Wait, what? Notre Dame...High School ? In Wisconsin?

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/preps/story/2017/jun/06/former-bc-head-coach-jagodzinski-joins-notre/431882/
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Re: Jags HC at ND

Postby HJS on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:53 pm

I truly don't get the schadenfreude-fueled glee some folks get from Jags' career spiral. While I think everyone agrees it is incredibly bizarre, it fails to justify his termination from BC. If anything, it may impugn the hiring (as subsequent potential employers have apparently seen through the veneer).

Nonetheless, a fact remains that a current HS OL coach has the 3rd best winning percentage of any BC Head Coach in its history (Jags' .714 is only behind Leahy's .909 and Cavanagh's .716). Said another way... that's 75-years of BC failing to find a coach better than one whose career has devolved to being an assistant at a local high school at the age of 50.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:32 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I truly don't get the schadenfreude-fueled glee some folks get from Jags' career spiral. While I think everyone agrees it is incredibly bizarre, it fails to justify his termination from BC. If anything, it may impugn the hiring (as subsequent potential employers have apparently seen through the veneer).

Nonetheless, a fact remains that a current HS OL coach has the 3rd best winning percentage of any BC Head Coach in its history (Jags' .714 is only behind Leahy's .909 and Cavanagh's .716). Said another way... that's 75-years of BC failing to find a coach better than one whose career has devolved to being an assistant at a local high school at the age of 50.

with all the dental hygienist rumors that turn up in google of jiggsie's name on this site, it's no surprise employers have been wary.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:22 pm

A look at every FBS head coach 10 years ago and where they are today, three now coach high school teams. Most are out of coaching.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Where-FBS-head-coaches-10-years-ago-are-today
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:39 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:A look at every FBS head coach 10 years ago and where they are today, three now coach high school teams. Most are out of coaching.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Where-FBS-head-coaches-10-years-ago-are-today

that's an interesting look. kudos to the nerd that put it together
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:28 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I truly don't get the schadenfreude-fueled glee some folks get from Jags' career spiral.

Neither do I. We all love what he did the two years he was here.

If I had to "guess" as to the schadenfreude-fueled glee, it would be the desire to shame the man who openly and brazenly tried to use his unique success at Boston College (in a head coaching job that he might have thought very little of) to springboard to a better career.... elsewhere. Basically, the people that are happy to see so much shit fall upon Jag's career, it is more of a "...well you deserve it...." for pushing all his chips into the center of the table in an effort to immediately call GDF's "bluff." Alas, GDF was not bluffing and PRIDE got the best of everyone.

At least, that is my best guess. I still think this whole thing sucks. I would love it everyone swallowed their pride. I'd take Jags back tomorrow.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:50 am

I think either on this or for the other, IB told all us all exactly what Jags was thinking at the time of his firing. It was fantastic and stupid. Anyone know where it is?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:21 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I think either on this or for the other, IB told all us all exactly what Jags was thinking at the time of his firing. It was fantastic and stupid. Anyone know where it is?

hey chaz, was it this one?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9896&start=426

no meatbomb. the thread is locked so i can't quote the post that reflects the dead-from-hot-tub-staph-infection-intern quoting two doozies from nowaist, but it sounds a little like what you are describing
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby flakes on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:13 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:A look at every FBS head coach 10 years ago and where they are today, three now coach high school teams. Most are out of coaching.

that's an interesting look. kudos to the nerd that put it together

I call at least semi-bullshit on this list as a good crop of the guys that are "out of coaching" are quite old/retired/senile.

Having said that, I would trade the chucklehead we have now for Jags (fully understanding that Jags had a once in a generation BC team talent-wise).
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:06 am

i'm only taking jags if he's handcuffed with steve logan
TobaccoRoadEagle