BC's regular season record in 2017

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

How many wins do we get in the regular season?

0-12
No votes
1-11
No votes
2-10
No votes
3-9
2%
4-8
8%
5-7
12%
6-6
25%
7-5
23%
8-4
4%
9-3
2%
10-2
8%
11-1
No votes
12-0
No votes
Scrush2/4
2%
Pearl necklace
No votes
Jhiggi is a fucktard
15%
IB is fat and has too much pride
No votes

Total votes : 52

Re: BC's regular season record in 2017

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:11 pm

nospace as you said, you're a data guy

if that's true, you have seen enough decisions (punting 4th and 4 from FSU 35, kicking a 40 yard FG in a driving rain on 4th and 1, the play calling any time bc gets the ball leading in the 4th q, etc) to know that even if he closes the talent gap on the baby rapists his in game coaching is so bad it won't matter

it's bad enough we're dealing with a gym teacher w a 1960s mindset for football, he admits he's a moron when he says 'i'm not a stats guy'
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flakes on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:21 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:I feel like we're going to have more consistent QB play and be better overall, but at the same time, Vegas is kind of right...I can't confidently say we'll win more than 4 games.

Nor can I.

I would love 10-2 excitement, but how many consecutive seasons can BC consistently recruit the 12th best class out of 12 or even the 14th best class out of 14 and expect to be competitive? The 2003 class was the #1 recruiting class in the Big East, and it wasn't even close. The results were on the field.

I'm an IT guy and I believe in data. But more importantly, I believe in asking the right questions when looking at the data. The question(s) we shouldn't be asking ourselves isn't how impressed we are with the players that Addazio brought in, how they looked in the Spring Game against other people Addazio brought in, or whether or not we would rate them as "BC Guys?" The question(s) we need to ask ourselves is would Louisville, FSU, Clemson, VPI, or even UNC have offered those same players Addazio brought in and if not, how many more consecutive seasons are we going to permit Addazio to go 0-3 vs FSU, Clemson, and Louisville?

I hear you but we were not the #1 class in the Big East in 2003...Miami was #1 by a VERY wide margin. VT also had a better class
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby flakes on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:25 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:I feel like we're going to have more consistent QB play and be better overall, but at the same time, Vegas is kind of right...I can't confidently say we'll win more than 4 games.

Nor can I.

I would love 10-2 excitement, but how many consecutive seasons can BC consistently recruit the 12th best class out of 12 or even the 14th best class out of 14 and expect to be competitive? The 2003 class was the #1 recruiting class in the Big East, and it wasn't even close. The results were on the field.

I'm an IT guy and I believe in data. But more importantly, I believe in asking the right questions when looking at the data. The question(s) we shouldn't be asking ourselves isn't how impressed we are with the players that Addazio brought in, how they looked in the Spring Game against other people Addazio brought in, or whether or not we would rate them as "BC Guys?" The question(s) we need to ask ourselves is would Louisville, FSU, Clemson, VPI, or even UNC have offered those same players Addazio brought in and if not, how many more consecutive seasons are we going to permit Addazio to go 0-3 vs FSU, Clemson, and Louisville?

My bad m, you meant the new big east

I hear you but we were not the #1 class in the Big East in 2003...Miami was #1 by a VERY wide margin. VT also had a better class
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby flakes on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:48 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:

Nor can I.

My bad m, you meant the new big east

flakes
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:22 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:nospace as you said, you're a data guy

if that's true, you have seen enough decisions (punting 4th and 4 from FSU 35, kicking a 40 yard FG in a driving rain on 4th and 1, the play calling any time bc gets the ball leading in the 4th q, etc) to know that even if he closes the talent gap on the baby rapists his in game coaching is so bad it won't matter

it's bad enough we're dealing with a gym teacher w a 1960s mindset for football, he admits he's a moron when he says 'i'm not a stats guy'

You are preaching to the choir. I was ready to say goodbye to Addazio 2 years ago. From here on out, we are throwing away good money after bad.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:24 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:

Nor can I.

You know what, you may be right. It may have been the 2004 class that was #1 in the Big East (I think it was) but that was only because Miami and VPI were no longer IN the Big East. That said the 2003 class was the strongest BC class we've had since... since.... probably ever.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:54 pm

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 am

IRREGARDLESS of coach we aren't beating those 3 teams right now.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:41 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

IRREGARDLESS of coach we aren't beating those 3 teams right now.

I COULD CARE LESS about those 3 teams.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium