official press conference game thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: official press conference game thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:QB position is fine and injuries aren't going to make much of a difference in most of their games. May 2-3 toss up games where a significant number of injuries or injuries to key positions could impact the outcome.

2015 was an outlier. He's a 6-6/7-5 coach with these kinds of teams and schedules.

the schedule is pretty shitty this year... i keep forgetting that. and having the division powerhouses wake and rcc in alumni this year helps, i guess both north carolina teams will get thrown by the excitement from the stands...

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:05 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:I fully expect Daz to muck up the qb position, the OL to not take a significant step forward, the defense to slightly regress, and Daz to make his normal in game blunders for a total of 5 wins.

They have the talent to get to 8 wins though, just wont happen

you need to look at the schedule again. it is so shitty that he can do all the things you are claiming and still accidentally win 6 games
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:08 pm

The defense won't regress much. The offense should be better, but jury is out.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:11 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:QB position is fine and injuries aren't going to make much of a difference in most of their games. May 2-3 toss up games where a significant number of injuries or injuries to key positions could impact the outcome.

2015 was an outlier. He's a 6-6/7-5 coach with these kinds of teams and schedules.

From what I can tell, he is a 8-4 / 7-5 coach. Basically :toby-lite minus the wtf win and wtf loss each year as well as the deep hatred of the school. You know what games you are going to win and lose when the schedule comes out. Hoping PP on the sideline continues to eliminates some of the mind boggling clock decision disasters of 2 years ago. 8-4 isn't great but after some shitastic years I'll take it.

And, I don't think Daz is as bad as most people think. He has rebuilt the roster with skill and depth from the steaming hot dumpster fire that Spaz left. I do think he wants to win and I think he loves being here. Is he super sensitive? Yes, but most coaches are today. does he do cringeworthy and awkward (to me at least) things on social media? Yeah, but the players / recruits seem to like it and far from me -- an upper 30s man -- to know what's considered hip today. The players seem to really like playing for him from what I can tell.

Maybe he is even a 10-2 type coach. I really do hope so. I'm not sure he's got it in him but I hope I am completely wrong unlike the ignorant fucks like jhiggi and his merry band of jackasses who root against him at every turn. If you love this school and this program then you got to root like hell for them to win regardless of what you may think of the coaching staff.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:15 pm

Hey, maybe this is the year the rock finally cracks
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:17 pm

he will never be a lite-never-nude because never-nudes didn't trot out a rocketshipping at least once a year.

the heinz hammer gets his thinskin beaten like a $2 whore at least once a year... sometimes 4 or 5 times. tobias was frustrating because of close losses to teams we should have beaten. t.s. slaughter is frustrating because he craps out a couple of spaz specials that you know from the opening drive are going to be real ugly
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:19 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:he will never be a lite-never-nude because never-nudes didn't trot out a rocketshipping at least once a year.

the heinz hammer gets his thinskin beaten like a $2 whore at least once a year... sometimes 4 or 5 times. tobias was frustrating because of close losses to teams we should have beaten. t.s. slaughter is frustrating because he craps out a couple of spaz specials that you know from the opening drive are going to be real ugly

This is completely incorrect. He got rocketshipped 4 times, all in the same season. This is his 5th year. Oh, and TOB has been rocketshipped plenty.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:he will never be a lite-never-nude because never-nudes didn't trot out a rocketshipping at least once a year.

This is completely incorrect. He got rocketshipped 4 times, all in the same season. This is his 5th year. Oh, and TOB has been rocketshipped plenty.

i went back and refreshed my memory and you are correct. one could argue a louisville and/or clemson rocketshipping in other years prior but the 4 rocketshippings last year set a new bar for rocketshipping that make all other rocketships pale in comparison (save maybe the tobias vpi prevent defense game and the spaz game where he actually coined the term rocketshipping)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The bowl king got us shellacked in AZ that one year. Still can't block that beatdown out of my mind.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:25 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:I fully expect Daz to muck up the qb position, the OL to not take a significant step forward, the defense to slightly regress, and Daz to make his normal in game blunders for a total of 5 wins.

you need to look at the schedule again. it is so shitty that he can do all the things you are claiming and still accidentally win 6 games

I agree the schedule is shitty, but its DAZ after all. I don't see Daz beating both nc state and wake, and Babers will have Syracuse much more together than they were last year.

Wins: Northern Illinois, Central Michigan, UCONN, Virginia

Toss Up: NC State and Wake

Loses: Notre Dame, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Louisville, Florida State, Syracuse.

There are three losses on the schedule and 4-5 wins. The rest are toss ups.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:32 pm

Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:38 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

I agree the schedule is shitty, but its DAZ after all. I don't see Daz beating both nc state and wake, and Babers will have Syracuse much more together than they were last year.

Wins: Northern Illinois, Central Michigan, UCONN, Virginia

Toss Up: NC State and Wake

Loses: Notre Dame, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Louisville, Florida State, Syracuse.

There are three losses on the schedule and 4-5 wins. The rest are toss ups.

Nah. Last year showed they aren't going to stick with Va tech, Clemson, Louisville or FSU. I am guessing ND will rocketship them too, MAYBE cuse is a tossup.

Sorry TW but Tim Tebow aint walkin through that door.

The three years before that showed they will stick with all of those teams. Last year means nothing.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:25 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The three years before that showed they will stick with all of those teams. Last year means nothing.

Why does last year mean nothing? Is Don Brown coming back to help prevent these teams from scoring 45+ points? Or did Wade get enough starting experience last year to make a big leap forward this year? Daz has not been trending in the right direction against these teams and I don't expect that to change. Hopefully I am wrong.

Loses by 2 TD's or more:

2014: Louisville 38-19

2015: Clemson 34- 17
Virginia Tech: 26-10

2016: Virginia Tech 49-0
Clemson 56-10
Louisville 52-7
Florida State 45-7

Those games in 14 and 15 were a lot closer than the games in 16. Last year was an outlier. They gave up in games. Never saw them do that under Daz. VT wasn't even very good.

And enough with Don Brown. Sending 6 guys every down is not rocket science.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:23 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The three years before that showed they will stick with all of those teams. Last year means nothing.

Why does last year mean nothing? Is Don Brown coming back to help prevent these teams from scoring 45+ points? Or did Wade get enough starting experience last year to make a big leap forward this year? Daz has not been trending in the right direction against these teams and I don't expect that to change. Hopefully I am wrong.

Loses by 2 TD's or more:

2014: Louisville 38-19

2015: Clemson 34- 17
Virginia Tech: 26-10

2016: Virginia Tech 49-0
Clemson 56-10
Louisville 52-7
Florida State 45-7

Those games in 14 and 15 were a lot closer than the games in 16. Last year was an outlier. They gave up in games. Never saw them do that under Daz. VT wasn't even very good.

And enough with Don Brown. Sending 6 guys every down is not rocket science.

I hope you are correct, I just don't think you are.

I don't particularly like the guy as a coach, but there is a lot more evidence he's going to turn 8 win talent into 6-7 wins than 8 win talent into 3 wins. 2015 was a flukish season with a really brutal string of injuries, and they were still very close to 6-6, 7-5
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:14 pm

i also get the impression that thinskin will have an issue working for a 38 year old. the way he yells at everyone else, i can see him having a problem with pulling that approach when faced with this younger "boss"

let's be honest, the guy is not very smart (referring to slaughter, not tamzarian)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:13 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
I don't particularly like the guy as a coach, but there is a lot more evidence he's going to turn 8 win talent into 6-7 wins than 8 win talent into 3 wins. 2015 was a flukish season with a really brutal string of injuries, and they were still very close to 6-6, 7-5

agreed but i don't see him turning 8 win talent into 8 wins either

i'd love to see him let go of the offense but he's too stubborn / stupid to do it. he's been a hc for nearly 80 games now, he is what he is, 37-38 (and 17-30 in conference)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:08 am

If he doesn't back away from the details of the offense the way he did with the D, then no, he will never maximize his talent. I think the guy could settle in as a pretty decent coach if he would focus on broad strokes when it came to game planning, motivation, media and recruiting. He could be a Jags with less charisma that actually works on recruiting if he hired the right assistants.

Don't know if Loeffler is the right guy to surrender the reigns to or not, and I am pretty certain he's not Logan, but Daz has to try something bold soon.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:42 pm

I finally watched the press conference. I'm surprised no one mentioned the red bandana pocket square. Not sure who's idea that was, but it's slick.

He's a young 37. Wow does he look young.

I appreciate his honesty and humility during the Q & A session. He could have tossed out some canned garbage, but he seemed comfortable admitting when he did not know something.

We'll see what happens when he starts full-time. It's going to be a long 11 months waiting to see how he handles Jimmy Mac.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:56 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

i'd love to see him let go of the offense but he's too stubborn / stupid to do it. he's been a hc for nearly 80 games now, he is what he is, 37-38 (and 17-30 in conference)

What makes you say we have 8 win talent?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:02 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The defense showed it has 8 win talent, and when Sarge got desperate and let go of the reigns last year, the offense showed it was capable of scoring points. It's there.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:24 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The defense showed it has 8 win talent, and when Sarge got desperate and let go of the reigns last year, the offense showed it was capable of scoring points. It's there.

which games would those be: Detroit Bowl, VTech; LV, FSU, Clempson?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:28 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

It's blatantly obvious. With this schedule, there are 3 auto losses and that's it. Not winning 8 games is on the coaches.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:38 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This. They only showed they could score when playing against horrid defenses.

That said, half of the ACC teams they play next year will probably be really bad and the OOC is horrible... so relatively speaking, this team has 8 win talent

Relative to the best division in America, and a shitty OOC schedule, they have 8 win talent.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:40 pm

If this team doesn't have 8 win talent in your mind, you must believe that Daz is a good coach having gone 7-6 for 3 of 4 years. I choose to think he is an underachiever.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:49 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This. They only showed they could score when playing against horrid defenses.

That said, half of the ACC teams they play next year will probably be really bad and the OOC is horrible... so relatively speaking, this team has 8 win talent

Relative to the best division in America, and a shitty OOC schedule, they have 8 win talent.

You are coorect, hence why I think Daz will likely churn out a solid 5 win campaign

Best division doesn't change the fact that in year five of Addaziani that they **should** beat UVA, Wake, NCSU and Cuse

Agreed that they should beat those teams because of the talent. Add a top QB and an elite LT and they might be a 9-10 win team.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium