official press conference game thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

official press conference game thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:51 am

where can we submit questions and are external links allowed as a part of the submitted questions...

say i want to reference historical stats of wins and losses like so - is that something the technology can handle?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Re: official press conference game thread

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:00 am

Here's what I know - today's thread is going to have to somehow beat the Addazio-hiring-thread which I'm going to say won't be possible:

http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12966

I am tentatively optimistic about the Jarmond hire, for the simple reason that, somehow, someone did something differently this time. It's not a typical 'safe' hire of some dickless stuffed suit. Jarmond's young and his career track record suggests he's willing to bring and suffer the pain.

This is a foreign idea to most of the platinum class micro-eepsteins on this board who need two hours with a therapist in a safe space if the first class steward forgets to drape a hot towel over your tiny weeners, but suffering and pain are good things and shape your existence. Hopefully this thread isn't a toilet flush of Innocent Dicklessness.

All things are possible with EO.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:53 am

no meatbomb (or baum) this time... below is a legit link to the live press conference

http://bceagles.com/watch/?Live=425&type=Live

who think buttcut will be there? how about the heinz hammer or jimmy mac?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:03 am

Heinz hammer is there in his best sweater vest
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:01 pm

loved his answer on gameday experience... we'll see if anything comes from that

he's got some work to do on polish - he's going to come off as "guy in his dad's suit" for a while, that's clear. it's tough to take that "guy in his dad's suit" seriously at times

i'm hoping all his references to the programs being "about the people" means that he's ready to shitcan slaughter the alienator and wallflower mac

the press in the room were lame and it made me wonder if all the questions were written by jack dunn or someone else in the program

still excited and still think this is the sort of new thinking that this program needs. the mac is wack, long live big time sports
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Good to see that the jumbobeses were represented in the audience.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:07 pm

Things unasked:

Football's lack of competitiveness with the top programs in our conference
Financial commitment in the form of a greater operating budget
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:27 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:loved his answer on gameday experience... we'll see if anything comes from that

he's got some work to do on polish - he's going to come off as "guy in his dad's suit" for a while, that's clear. it's tough to take that "guy in his dad's suit" seriously at times

i'm hoping all his references to the programs being "about the people" means that he's ready to shitcan slaughter the alienator and wallflower mac

the press in the room were lame and it made me wonder if all the questions were written by jack dunn or someone else in the program

still excited and still think this is the sort of new thinking that this program needs. the mac is wack, long live big time sports

I thought the being about the people, saying he wanted to support the programs and not coaches, and pointing out that he had shitcanned people before were extremely positive for the prospects of shitcanning jimmy mac and addaziani
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:33 pm

the "shitcanned people before" was a reaction to someone claiming that he hadn't shitcanned people before...

and i'm glad to hear that he's shitcanned people before... but i'd be more impressed if he hired successful people before
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:33 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:loved his answer on gameday experience... we'll see if anything comes from that

I thought the being about the people, saying he wanted to support the programs and not coaches, and pointing out that he had shitcanned people before were extremely positive for the prospects of shitcanning jimmy mac and addaziani

I thought the same thing. If Addaziani can't get to a bowl game, he is a goner.

As it should be. He's in year 5 with all his own players.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:33 pm

I was a little bit displeased that he didn't have BC-specific answers to BC-specific questions about facilities or fan interest. He could have said anything he said about pretty much any other school.

Not that it matters ultimately, but still
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:35 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I was a little bit displeased that he didn't have BC-specific answers to BC-specific questions about facilities or fan interest. He could have said anything he said about pretty much any other school.

You can't really understand how truly atrocious the BC fanbase is until you have had an opportunity to experience and at least talk to the ghost.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:36 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I was a little bit displeased that he didn't have BC-specific answers to BC-specific questions about facilities or fan interest. He could have said anything he said about pretty much any other school.

yeah - a bit of a cop out to every bc related question that he wasn't in the details yet but i'll give him a pass on that because he still has a full time job somewhere else. it just better not turn into something similar to the butt-cut progress report on the new ipf ("RENDERINGS!!!!!!")
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:14 pm

I found Bill's introduction kind of funny... his final words were an almost mocking. "Martin... it's all yours."
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Was gumshoes at the presser?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:54 pm

Christian is a dead man walking, but Addazio has a lot of breathing room. They are both Meyer guys.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Bernard Lonergan on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:57 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I found Bill's introduction kind of funny... his final words were an almost mocking. "Martin... it's all yours."

Interesting. I heard it as resignation. As in, "I've heard the criticism. The oversight of athletics is all yours Martin." Perhaps wishful thinking ...
Bernard Lonergan
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:58 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Christian is a dead man walking, but Addazio has a lot of breathing room. They are both Meyer guys.

In other breaking news water is wet and Eaglekeeper says dumb shit that pisses off hansen about track.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Christian is a dead man walking, but Addazio has a lot of breathing room. They are both Meyer guys.

In other breaking news water is wet and Eaglekeeper says dumb shit that pisses off hansen about track.

hammer is a Meyer guy, but Meyer wins. Slaughter doesn't.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:03 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

hammer is a Meyer guy, but Meyer wins. Slaughter doesn't.

Good luck thinking that. Should be good.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:02 am

i think itll be awfully hard to not fire the ketchup king if he goes under .500.

i think it is unlikely this happens.

in the event he goes 6-6 / 7-5 (likely), i think it is doubtful he gets fired. theres a very good chance we have this clown for 3+ seasons. with this joke schedule year in and year out it is really hard not to win 6 games.

were winning: northern illinois, wake, central michigan, uconn. itll be hard for ketchup king to go 1-7 or 0-8 in the other 8 games.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:17 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i think itll be awfully hard to not fire the ketchup king if he goes under .500.

in the event he goes 6-6 / 7-5 (likely), i think it is doubtful he gets fired. theres a very good chance we have this clown for 3+ seasons. with this joke schedule year in and year out it is really hard not to win 6 games.

were winning: northern illinois, wake, central michigan, uconn. itll be hard for ketchup king to go 1-7 or 0-8 in the other 8 games.

This.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:35 am

We are in very big trouble if we just hired an AD that would let his allegiance to a coach at another school affect his decision making at his current place of employment.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:49 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:i think itll be awfully hard to not fire the ketchup king if he goes under .500.

This.

we will lose at least one of those "were [sic] winning" games. my money would be on wake but it could also be Yukon. we are going to lose to Yukon at least once in this bad idea scheduling decision. is this the year?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:52 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This.

we will lose at least one of those "were [sic] winning" games. my money would be on wake but it could also be Yukon. we are going to lose to Yukon at least once in this bad idea scheduling decision. is this the year?

They aren't losing the Fenway Bowl to an inferior team, that's an artificially jacked game. Wake maybe, but I doubt it. They'll also win 3 of the other 8 though.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:18 am

the injury bug is still south for the winter. once he makes his commute to chestnut hill in august/september, the 6-6 guarantee will fade into bolivian
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:03 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the injury bug is still south for the winter. once he makes his commute to chestnut hill in august/september, the 6-6 guarantee will fade into bolivian

Exactly. Plus, Slaughter has screwed up the quarterback position so add to the list of excuses he'll need.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:08 pm

QB position is fine and injuries aren't going to make much of a difference in most of their games. May 2-3 toss up games where a significant number of injuries or injuries to key positions could impact the outcome.

2015 was an outlier. He's a 6-6/7-5 coach with these kinds of teams and schedules.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:QB position is fine and injuries aren't going to make much of a difference in most of their games. May 2-3 toss up games where a significant number of injuries or injuries to key positions could impact the outcome.

2015 was an outlier. He's a 6-6/7-5 coach with these kinds of teams and schedules.

I just meant that the fucktard went with Towles to make sure he got to his coveted 6-6. He should have started Wade all season for developmental purposes.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:25 pm

kudos to the island of misfit posters for always bringing the hottest bc sports takes

I don't like when people say they are fathers and husbands first. Nobody cares about your wife and kids. If that is your philosophy fine(I agree with it) but don't tell me you are happy to serve Boston College but that your family comes first. You are already telling me that Boston College is not going to get your full attention.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Next