Fr. Monan

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Fr. Monan

Postby HJS on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Hearing he passed away this morning.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: Fr. Monan

Postby eagletx on Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Best he didn't have to see the final demise of the robust university he had the vision to elevate,taking a bankrupt second rate regional school to a nationally recognized university on many levels.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:02 am

Yes, I can see it now, the words slipping from his lips as a nurse sets down a cup of water near his bedside
"Another seven win season from Adazzio. My life's work is ruined, ruined!"
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:04 pm

should start at 1 hour 41 min and 24 secs

i assume leahy was sleeping during this part
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:48 pm

Boisi is the greatest. It is a shame that Bill doesn't share any traits or values of his predecessor. Terrible that he stubbornly refuses to relinquish the position to someone who shares Monan's leadership traits.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:00 pm

Boisi found Leahy avoiding going with a lay person that the BOT was getting prepared to do. I guess Leahy loved sports during his interview!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:16 pm

Jesus. Just stop your nonsense.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:28 am

According to the Heights article, Jack Connors went and visited him the night hockey beat BU, and told him that we won. Fr. Monan died the next day, but the last BC game he was alive for was knocking BU out of the Hockey East Tournament, which I am sure he was joyful about.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Boisi found Leahy, that is an absolute fact. My good friend was a trustee at that time and called me and told me the whole story. Ask Boisi yourself if you actually know anybody.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:57 pm

I assume this is the same trustee friend who feeds you all your other valuable insights. Is his name Parcher, Charles or Tyler?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:33 pm

No, my guy retired a few years ago after several stints on the BOT. He was in that inner leadership circle. I hope that they get back to a President that loves athletics like Fr. Monan. Boisi clearly wants that to happen after listening to his eulogy of Fr. Monan.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Bumpers on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:54 pm

I'm hearing its all but a done deal that the next President is Shea. Anybody else hearing that?
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:59 pm

Kevin SHea?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Bumpers on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:09 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Kevin SHea?

The same.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagletx on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:43 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:

The same.

Are you confusing his being named as executive vice president just recently, like in last day or so? Or are you assuming that is the prelude to presidency?

https://www.bc.edu/bc-web/bcnews/campus ... ident.html
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby Bumpers on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:51 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:
Bumpers {l Wrote}:

The same.

Are you confusing his being named as executive vice president just recently, like in last day or so? Or are you assuming that is the prelude to presidency?

https://www.bc.edu/bc-web/bcnews/campus ... ident.html

Prelude; resume stuffer; intro; trial balloon. Call it what you will.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:09 am

Learned today that my aunt had Fr. Monan as a philosophy professor at LeMoyne in the '60s. The world of Jesuit universities grows ever smaller.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:18 pm

I'm like a drug addict for BC sports. Been using since I was a little kid. Used heavily at the Anatole Hotel in '84 at the Cotton Bowl. Had numerous other benders over the years...the ND stuff in the '90's...the Nut Bowl in SF with D Knight and the hope we had really turned a corner...the Ryan years...the Herzlich time...Kuechs...even used a little in Daz's first year or two.

Not even talking hoops, but really pushed the needle in many, many times over the years, heck even got high with some solid BC dignitaries over the years at events from Hawaii, to St. Louis (F Phi Slamma Jamma), Minnesota (F Nova)....got high with my Cali boys Duds, Craig, Sean and others. I've been a full addict.

Even used over hockey. Hawaii boy learned this drug, which is a great buzz.

Then I went into rehab, coincidentally when BC starting sucking and not caring. I rationalized this was a gift. How stupid was my drug. My life was more meaningful without my drug. Drug addicts are wasting their lives. The noble life pursues higher callings. I stopped posting on EA and slowed my posts on Insider and then Outsider. Fewer trips to games, fewer fights with the wife to watch games, etc. Let the addicts waste their lives on this crap. Not me. I will rise above this crap.

Watching the aforementioned Monan eulogy and reference to my drug of choice, I fear I am on the precipice of a relapse. Father Monan was an addict as well. I am realizing that my drug is, in fact, useful and noble. Like most drugs, my drug is actually just fine is used right.

Rehab is for quitters. And my BC is not a quitter.

Thanks for sharing the Monan funeral. Made me want to use pretty bad.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:28 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:I'm like a drug addict for BC sports. Been using since I was a little kid. Used heavily at the Anatole Hotel in '84 at the Cotton Bowl. Had numerous other benders over the years...the ND stuff in the '90's...the Nut Bowl in SF with D Knight and the hope we had really turned a corner...the Ryan years...the Herzlich time...Kuechs...even used a little in Daz's first year or two.

Not even talking hoops, but really pushed the needle in many, many times over the years, heck even got high with some solid BC dignitaries over the years at events from Hawaii, to St. Louis (F Phi Slamma Jamma), Minnesota (F Nova)....got high with my Cali boys Duds, Craig, Sean and others. I've been a full addict.

Then I went into rehab, coincidentally when BC starting sucking and not caring. I rationalized this was a gift. How stupid was my drug. My life was more meaningful without my drug. Drug addicts are wasting their lives. The noble life pursues higher callings. I stopped posting on EA and slowed my posts on Insider and then Outsider. Fewer trips to games, fewer fights with the wife to watch games, etc. Let the addicts waste their lives on this crap. Not me. I will rise above this crap.

Watching the aforementioned Monan eulogy and reference to my drug of choice, I fear I am on the precipice of a relapse. Father Monan was an addict as well. I am realizing that my drug is, in fact, useful and noble. Like most drugs, my drug is actually just fine is used right.

Your dealer is selling you shitty product these days. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:25 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
hawaiirob {l Wrote}:I'm like a drug addict for BC sports. Been using since I was a little kid. Used heavily at the Anatole Hotel in '84 at the Cotton Bowl. Had numerous other benders over the years...the ND stuff in the '90's...the Nut Bowl in SF with D Knight and the hope we had really turned a corner...the Ryan years...the Herzlich time...Kuechs...even used a little in Daz's first year or two.

Your dealer is selling you shitty product these days. :shrug

for sure. we need to get back to the package the prop monan provided us... not this watered down crap that mar-leahy-o has been hawkin on the corners
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Return to Alumni Stadium