2017 Spring Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Spring Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:25 pm

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:30 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Rich, Cottrell and Barksdale gone:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... Roster.pdf

- Hamp Cheevers is 144 lbs? Dear God
- The DT depth is a problem
- They clearly want the OL at 300 lbs
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:55 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Rich, Cottrell and Barksdale gone:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... Roster.pdf

- Hamp Cheevers is 144 lbs? Dear God
- The DT depth is a problem
- They clearly want the OL at 300 lbs

Weights have not been updated. Agree re DTs; maybe Sarge will move one our 100 WRs there.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:04 am

Boston Globe says Wadie Ice will take the starter's snaps all spring
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:21 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:So today Daz is all about Wade as the starter. Wonder if the sudden change of tone is about convincing Wade not to transfer in the off-season?

It still baffles me that he didn't get more snaps last season.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:35 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Boston Globe says Wadie Ice will take the starter's snaps all spring

No way!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:43 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Boston Globe says Wadie Ice will take the starter's snaps all spring

No way!

well, yeah. until he doesn't
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:47 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No way!

I just hadn't heard the news today.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:55 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No way!

I just hadn't heard the news today.

well, yeah. until you did
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:40 pm

From the athletics website:

Redshirt junior Darius Wade took the snaps with the first team and enters the spring as the No. 1 quarterback on the depth chart for the Eagles. "Darius comes into the spring as the starter and he is taking those starting reps," added Addazio. "He has total command of that team out there right now, total command."
During practice, Wade found junior Jeff Smith on a perfect go-route for a touchdown down the left sideline as he threw a perfect deep pass to beat the secondary for the touchdown.

Also, this little tidbit on the throw game. Over-under on how many completions it actually was: 5.5

Daz: "We just said it to the team, that's the most footballs we've completed on the first day of practice - ever," said head coach Steve Addazio following practice. "I was pleased to see us throw and catch the way we did on day one, usually day one is awkward, but it wasn't. I thought that was good to see and it was a good positive step on something we really want to improve on."

http://bceagles.com/news/2017/3/15/foot ... -2017.aspx
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:22 pm

Anything noteworthy in Sullivan's (TOS) practice reports?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:44 am

listened to captain ketchup after thursday's practice, seems like lindstrom is practicing as RT
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:56 pm

Terrific comments they were! We're a "developmental program "! Sounds like we are in the practice league, not the big league!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:40 pm

CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – The Boston College football team completed its ninth practice of spring football Tuesday inside the bubble at Alumni Stadium. The Eagles went through a two-hour practice in helmets as they kicked off the first of three practices this week.

Boston College scrimmaged Saturday and one player who stood out was senior defensive back Isaac Yiadom. The Worcester native finished the scrimmage with two interceptions as he continued to build upon an impressive spring. With terrific size (6-1, 190) and elite speed for a cornerback, Yiadom has shown flashes of becoming an all-conference caliber defensive back this spring for the Eagles.

Defensive backs coach Anthony Campanile spoke about the secondary following Tuesday's practice. "I just think they've grown exponentially this spring," Campanile said. "Isaac Yiadom's had a great spring. He really has done a lot of great things. Taj-Amir Torres has had a great spring. Will Harris has elevated his game. Lukas Denis has done a great job for us. Gabriel McClary has done a really good job in the run game. A lot of positives there."

With the strong play from several veterans, Campanile also touched on some of the younger players who have shown promise this spring. "I just think a lot of the young guys – Michael Palmer has done a phenomenal job. Hamp Cheevers is a guy who we think has a really high ceiling. I'm really, really happy. I'm excited with the growth of all these guys."

Fans will get their first opportunity to see the Eagles progression at the spring game. One key position battle in the defensive backfield will be at safety after the Eagles lost the services of standout John Johnson, who should hear his named called later this month in the NFL Draft. Campanile touched on some of the players who are in the mix to replace Johnson.

"Lukas Denis has done a really good job stepping in for John," Campanile said. "Lukas is a really good athlete. Michael Palmer is a young guy who really has come on strong, and he's an intelligent guy. Mehdi El Attrach is a guy who played for us a little bit last year and has really raised his game, as well. I think those three guys will fill that void for us."

With just five practices left before the spring game on April 22, Campanile is looking for the secondary to keep progressing throughout the spring. "I think just refining their technique every day, which is what they've been doing," Campanile added. "They've progressed every day. If we can get through the rest of the spring growing at the rate that we've been already, I think it will really be a successful spring. That's really what I'm looking for, just improvement every day."

Notes: Isaac Yiadom had one of the best performances of Saturday's scrimmage with a pair of interceptions. His long return for a would-be touchdown was called back due to a penalty on the return … Running back Davon Jones showed terrific balls skills with a leaping grab out of the backfield during the scrimmage … Quarterback Darius Wade scored on a quarterback sneak as he led the offense on a long scoring drive … True freshman running back Travis Levy had several nice runs during the scrimmage. The BC backfield looks to be very strong with the return of starter Jon Hilliman in addition to Jones, Richard Wilson, Levy and incoming freshman AJ Dillon … sophomore tight end Korab Idrizi had one of the best receptions of the scrimmage Saturday as he hauled in a pass from Wade in traffic.

I thought McClary would move to FS.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby 31southst on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:53 pm

An EA poster is saying Elijah Johnson tore his ACL and Max Richardson broke his foot. If true, that probably means Johnson misses this year.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:51 pm

Glad to hear the secondary is a strength. But... as is often the case with these internal practices/scrimmages, is it one unit being good or the other being terrinble? The question I have is which QB(s) is throwing all those picks.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:45 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Glad to hear the secondary is a strength. But... as is often the case with these internal practices/scrimmages, is it one unit being good or the other being terrinble? The question I have is which QB(s) is throwing all those picks.

I have a guess....
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:03 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Glad to hear the secondary is a strength. But... as is often the case with these internal practices/scrimmages, is it one unit being good or the other being terrinble? The question I have is which QB(s) is throwing all those picks.

I have a guess....

hootie boggs?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Travis Levy?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:21 am

31southst {l Wrote}:An EA poster is saying Elijah Johnson tore his ACL and Max Richardson broke his foot. If true, that probably means Johnson misses this year.

Richardsons broken foot is true, he posted on instagram about it.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:07 am

31southst {l Wrote}:An EA poster is saying Elijah Johnson tore his ACL and Max Richardson broke his foot. If true, that probably means Johnson misses this year.

Tough news for both kids. Bright spot is didn't both not redshirt? Especially for Johnson, could possibly benefit from a year watching. Also, curious how that 4-star OL from Florida never gets mentioned....
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:39 am

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:

Tough news for both kids. Bright spot is didn't both not redshirt? Especially for Johnson, could possibly benefit from a year watching. Also, curious how that 4-star OL from Florida never gets mentioned....

Yeah, have to wonder about Knopfke, Phillips and Palazollo, but for OLs they are still young. Anyone one know who the 5th guy playing with the 1st OL was before Johnson went down?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:38 pm

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:

i only hope thinskin remembers to add them to the declaration document this year. i'd hate to have them burned based on a simple oversight by the heinz hammer
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:03 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:

Yeah, have to wonder about Knopfke, Phillips and Palazollo, but for OLs they are still young. Anyone one know who the 5th guy playing with the 1st OL was before Johnson went down?

I'm just happy Jimmy Lowry isn't one of the options
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:07 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:

I'm just happy Jimmy Lowry isn't one of the options

I'm sure we will find another lineman to hate this fall.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:24 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:...I'm sure we will find another lineman to hate this fall.

or you eo coaching staff folks may just get distracted by something else...

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:30 pm

Spring game on the ESPN app this year according to HockeyRuption.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:42 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:...I'm sure we will find another lineman to hate this fall.

Do you think that they think that the shadow is hiding them from view, or does Teddy just like that spot because he uses the wall for leverage?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:54 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Do you think that they think that the shadow is hiding them from view, or does Teddy just like that spot because he uses the wall for leverage?

it's two things...

(1) they are as expertized on that section of the stadium as they are the performance on the field so they know no one will pay attention to their canoodling

(b) they are just so hot for each other, they can't control themselves. just like moliere really pumps john bender's nads, empty metal bleachers, bad football and each other's presence really pumps theirs.

i just feel bad from their wives - especially tedwarita that's taken to laying down and crying (while eepstein's wife sits a few rows above her staring intently at the field trying to see a package that would be described as anything but micro)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:00 pm

The Latina would not be caught dead in tie dye and basketball shorts.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium