2017 Spring Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Spring Football

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:04 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:...I'm sure we will find another lineman to hate this fall.

or you eo coaching staff folks may just get distracted by something else...

Do you think that they think that the shadow is hiding them from view, or does Teddy just like that spot because he uses the wall for leverage?

it's two things...

(1) they are as expertized on that section of the stadium as they are the performance on the field so they know no one will pay attention to their canoodling

(b) they are just so hot for each other, they can't control themselves. just like moliere really pumps john bender's nads, empty metal bleachers, bad football and each other's presence really pumps theirs.

i just feel bad from their wives - especially tedwarita that's taken to laying down and crying (while eepstein's wife sits a few rows above her staring intently at the field trying to see a package that would be described as anything but micro)

Poor tedwarita. Do you think the kid on the bottom left of the picture is dreaming of the day that he can move up 10 rows to join the eo staff?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The Latina would not be caught dead in tie dye and basketball shorts.

how about a blue 3/4 sleeved sweatshirt, jeans and blu blockers on a day that's clearly too warm for such attire.

i would have guesses that to be mrs. tubasteak but i know he doesn't bring her to the games and that woman isn't ugly enough
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:09 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:...Do you think the kid on the bottom left of the picture is dreaming of the day that he can move up 10 rows to join the eo staff?

i assumed that was claver waiting his turn
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:29 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:...I'm sure we will find another lineman to hate this fall.

Do you think that they think that the shadow is hiding them from view, or does Teddy just like that spot because he uses the wall for leverage?

Is Teddy the guy with the red shoes or red shorts?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:45 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

I assumed he was the one with the red shoes, hepsteen with the red shorts. Not sure who the other guy is.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:49 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

I assumed he was the one with the red shoes, hepsteen with the red shorts. Not sure who the other guy is.

this has always been my assumption as well... as micro seems like the one less able to close his mouth, he's better positioned where he is
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:14 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

this has always been my assumption as well... as micro seems like the one less able to close his mouth, he's better positioned where he is

This gimmick amuses me.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:48 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

This gimmick amuses me.

probably less so when it's your day in the barrel
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:34 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

it's two things...

(1) they are as expertized on that section of the stadium as they are the performance on the field so they know no one will pay attention to their canoodling

(b) they are just so hot for each other, they can't control themselves. just like moliere really pumps john bender's nads, empty metal bleachers, bad football and each other's presence really pumps theirs.

i just feel bad from their wives - especially tedwarita that's taken to laying down and crying (while eepstein's wife sits a few rows above her staring intently at the field trying to see a package that would be described as anything but micro)

I think this would make my wife about 15 years old which I don't think works in the state of Massachusetts.

One of you lawyers can correct me if I'm wrong
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

This gimmick amuses me.

I'm surprised it hasn't run its course at this point
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:45 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

it's two things...

I think this would make my wife about 15 years old which I don't think works in the state of Massachusetts.

MASS - The age of consent is sixteen. With parental consent and/or the consent of a judge, males can marry at fourteen years of age and females can marry at the age of twelve. On May 17, 2004, Massachusetts became the first state to recognize same-sex marriage. Common law marriage is not recognized.

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:49 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

it's two things...

I believe the applicable statute states "If there's aluminum in the EO section, play ball."
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:43 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

it's two things...

MASS - The age of consent is sixteen. With parental consent and/or the consent of a judge, males can marry at fourteen years of age and females can marry at the age of twelve. On May 17, 2004, Massachusetts became the first state to recognize same-sex marriage. Common law marriage is not recognized.

Is Alaska not part of The United States anymore?
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:18 pm

Boston College Spring Practice Report – April 6

CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – The Boston College football team finished its 10th practice of the spring inside the bubble at Alumni Stadium Thursday morning. The Eagles were on the practice field for just over two hours in full pads.

Head coach Steve Addazio announced that two student-athletes will miss the rest of spring practice due to injury. Addazio said sophomore offensive lineman Elijah Johnson will be out for an extended period of time due to a knee injury while sophomore linebacker Max Richardson will miss the rest of spring practice due to a broken foot.

Looking ahead to 2017, it is quick to see one of the position groups of strength for the Eagles will be on the defensive line. With the return of All-America defensive end Harold Landry, who led the nation in sacks in 2016 with 16.5, BC has a formidable front returning. In addition to Landry, junior defensive ends Wyatt Ray and Zach Allen give the Eagles three disruptive players who can get to the quarterback.

Defensive line coach Paul Pasqualoni spoke about the defensive line's progress this spring. "It has been good," said Pasqualoni. "They've worked extremely hard, and we have some younger guys who are showing some signs of improvement a little bit each day. That's going to be important to us because we have to recover the value and the production that Truman Gutapfel gave us inside. Kevin Kavalec gave us a lot of production too. We lost two players who may not have been the flashiest guys, but they sure were very dependable and very, very consistent and they made key plays at key times. We're trying to get a real good look at everybody so we can try to figure out who we can use in those spots."

Pasqualoni spoke in-depth about some of the younger defensive linemen who are showing signs of improvement this spring for the Eagles. "Noa (Merritt) got an opportunity to play last year, and he was a pretty productive guy," added Pasqualoni. "He really was. So Noa Merritt is one of those guys. We have Jack Kenny, who's a big strong guy and did not play a lot of high school football, so he's still a relatively inexperienced player. But he's getting a little bit better as we go. Inside, we have a young guy in Adam Korutz, who is trying to make progress and doing well. On the outside, you have Bryce Morais, who's a big, strong, talented guy. And you have Brandon Barlow on the other side. Our concerns are a little bit more inside and then depth outside. We have Zach (Allen), who's played a lot. We have Harold (Landry), who's played a lot, Wyatt (Ray), who's played a lot. Tanner Karafa is working really hard, and he's a good-sized guy. Bryce Morais is a good-sized guy. We're going to need everybody we have. We're going to need every single one of those guys. It's just a matter of trying to get them to the point where we can play them."

Boston College returns to the practice field Saturday morning for spring practice No. 11.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:52 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

it's two things...

I believe the applicable statute states "If there's aluminum in the EO section, play ball."

I laughed.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:22 am

The primary objective for Boston College going into spring practice was to continue to build on last year’s season-ending win in the Quick Lane Bowl.

The main goal after that was to simply stay healthy.

The Eagles already were dealing with injuries at key positions at the start of spring practice and they were dealt two more blows this week.

Offensive lineman Elijah Johnson suffered a knee injury Saturday that will force him to miss the rest of spring practice, and linebacker Max Richardson will also be out all spring after breaking his foot last week.

Both players underwent surgery.

“Like always, man, you’re in a hurry to try to develop but you’re hoping you can stay healthy at this time of year,” said Eagles coach Steve Addazio. “The last thing you want to do is put the season in jeopardy with injury. So those are things we have to fight right now.”

Johnson is expected to play a significant role on the offensive line after playing all 12 games and making 10 starts as a freshman last season. Richardson, who made 10 tackles in 11 games as a freshman last year, had been getting significant reps at inside linebacker throughout the spring.

The Eagles already were practicing without center Jon Baker, receivers Chris Garrison and Michael Walker, linebacker Connor Strachan, defensive back Kamrin Moore, and tight end Jake Burt, among others.

“So we’ve had some real depth issues that we’re trying to battle back from,” Addazio said. “Right now we’re probably down about nine, 10 starters in spring ball, which is a lot. It’s not uncommon, but it’s a lot.”

The Eagles still have four practices scheduled before their spring game, set for April 22. The question is whether they’ll make it to the spring game with enough bodies to play it.

“We’ll see,” Addazio said. “I’d say today, we probably still could but I don’t know what next week brings. The minute you drop below nine, 10 offensive linemen, it’s almost impossible. So if we were to take too many more issues there, that’d make it tough.”

Didn't know Moore was out.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:38 am

bc (daz) has no interest in playing a spring game for the 1k that show up

they've demonstrated that many times over his 5 years here
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:44 am

Inuries!
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:33 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:bc (daz) has no interest in playing a spring game for the 1k that show up

Didn't he change the format last year or two years ago? They stopped keeping score and let the players set the depth chart or something like that?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:57 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:bc (daz) has no interest in playing a spring game for the 1k that show up

Didn't he change the format last year or two years ago? They stopped keeping score and let the players set the depth chart or something like that?

There was no SpringGame in 2015 because they didn't have enough healthy OLs. It was canceled in 2013 because of the Marathon bombings. I went in 2014 & 2016 and the crowd was decent.
They changed the format last year and let two captains draft the teams. They kept score last year which was just 2 or 3 FGs, no TDs. Barksdale won the Jerome Ledbetter award.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:31 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

There was no SpringGame in 2015 because they didn't have enough healthy OLs. It was canceled in 2013 because of the Marathon bombings. I went in 2014 & 2016 and the crowd was decent.
They changed the format last year and let two captains draft the teams. They kept score last year which was just 2 or 3 FGs, no TDs. Barksdale won the Jerome Ledbetter award.

Make it two hand touch before you cancel it. It should be a reward for the fans and players.
To cancel it completely is an abomination and A fuck you to the fans that have stuck with this program over the past several years.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:00 pm

Grad transfer OL from West Virginia - Marcell Lazard

Don't worry epstein, he's an "ACC Player" Marcell, not an "ISL" Marcel
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Grad transfer OL from West Virginia - Marcell Lazard

At least hes played in the P5 and were not relying on Jimmy Lowery again. Started 12 games over last 2 years at both tackle positions. Likely needed with Johnson being a question mark now for '17
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:28 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Grad transfer OL from West Virginia - Marcell Lazard

At least hes played in the P5 and were not relying on Jimmy Lowery again. Started 12 games over last 2 years at both tackle positions. Likely needed with Johnson being a question mark now for '17

It's the above. If you succeeded at WVU you'll probably be fine here
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:27 am

i assume they'll move lindstrom back inside
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:08 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

This is just Lowery redux. He was not a full time player at WVU.....this is another example of Addazio:
1. Unable to recruit and convince good OL players to come to BC, and/or;
2. His inability to coach up players he has recruited, when they still struggle even 2 or 3 years into the program and he feels he has to waste a scholarship on a nobody.

Tyler Murphy was akin to capturing lightening in a bottle. This kind of a scholarship waste on mediocre 5th years is Addazio throwing spaghetti against the wall and hoping it will stick. If he doesn't have a solid OL this year with his own recruits, it goes a long way in demonstrating his deficiency as a guy who can coach OL talent.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:10 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

This is just Lowery redux. He was not a full time player at WVU.....this is another example of Addazio:
1. Unable to recruit and convince good OL players to come to BC, and/or;
2. His inability to coach up players he has recruited, when they still struggle even 2 or 3 years into the program and he feels he has to waste a scholarship on a nobody.

Tyler Murphy was akin to capturing lightening in a bottle. This kind of a scholarship waste on mediocre 5th years is Addazio throwing spaghetti against the wall and hoping it will stick. If he doesn't have a solid OL this year with his own recruits, it goes a long way in demonstrating his deficiency as a guy who can coach OL talent.

That isn't true at all. Talked to a couple WVU people they all said the same thing, Lazard is an amazing talent and player if he wants to be. He just doesn't want it all the time he checks out at times. Was told if the staff gets him motivated they have a damn good player on their hands if not he's still a solid but unspectacular player.
Last edited by bceagles24 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:27 pm

I'd also point out that it's not wasting a scholarship. If they have one they aren't going to give it to a kid coming in this fall anyway and the guy is gone before next class. The negativity on this is moronic.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Well you're obviously not taking the cost of the scholarship in the equation.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'd also point out that it's not wasting a scholarship. If they have one they aren't going to give it to a kid coming in this fall anyway and the guy is gone before next class. The negativity on this is moronic.

When it comes to Daz, people on this board are just looking to complain about anything.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium