Bates to resign in June

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bates to resign in June

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:56 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:West Point sells beer at their football games....bring it on Boo :clink

BC should be giving those of us who suffer through the football and basketball games free beer.

They should hand me a 6-pack of my choice as I walk through the door.

Why do I think some of our fans would prefer to pick up with the same crappy chablis they were drinking at their "tailgate."
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:21 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Since Leahy refuses to GTFOAM, deep inside I'm wishing for him to face some untimely health issues. Is this wrong to feel this way, especially because of his status within The Church?

The answer here is yes
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:50 pm

No. The welfare of the majority clearly outweighs that of the minority's.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:05 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Paquette was also a huge advocate of DBS and increased parking fees in addition to having tailgating limited to not more than 4 at each tailgate.

What is the "not more than 4 at each tailgate"?

By the way, all of the "premium" parking spaces sell out every year. Is that a bad thing?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:11 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Paquette was also a huge advocate of DBS and increased parking fees in addition to having tailgating limited to not more than 4 at each tailgate.

What is the "not more than 4 at each tailgate"?

By the way, all of the "premium" parking spaces sell out every year. Is that a bad thing?

I'm guessing Hours
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:12 am

People, not hours. They wanted to break up the large tailgate parties on Shea Field. They also wanted to get rid of any loud music at the tailgates. Essentially the goal was to make it more like Harvard.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:23 am

What I want the new AD to do is rid themselves of everyone associated with this athletic department. For 10 years, there's been an ingrained culture of losing and just not caring. Surround yourself with a mix of young business people and young successful people within athletics administration.

We get you're trying to do more with less resources, so get creative and think outside the box. I've heard and had so many good ideas just around Gameday experience, but you're unwilling to push the envelope so nothing changes.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:24 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:People, not hours. They wanted to break up the large tailgate parties on Shea Field. They also wanted to get rid of any loud music at the tailgates. Essentially the goal was to make it more like Harvard.

You are remarkably uninformed.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:26 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:People, not hours. They wanted to break up the large tailgate parties on Shea Field. They also wanted to get rid of any loud music at the tailgates. Essentially the goal was to make it more like Harvard.

Sounds ridiculous even for BC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:39 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

We definitely have a front runner for worst poster 2017. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:35 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

We definitely have a front runner for worst poster 2017. :ace

I seem to recall people complaining about this. Something about only four people in the car as it entered. That being said, I have no evidence of this being implemented and I realize that this claim is being made by corners, so I could be wrong. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:21 am

The jury is in, Shea Field tailgating is a shell of its former self. My source is from the President's office and the Athletic Development office. I understand BC needs to raise revenue, but the goal was to move out those who did not donate from their long held seats and to drive out the party culture by jacking up the parking fees. They did not count on large groups dividing up the cost of one parking space and then all showing up at that one space. The person in the President's office explicitly pointed out the need to ban loud music and could not believe that some people brought in speakers for their tailgate. There's no doubt that they succeeded in cracking down on tailgating parties and drove the non donors out of their seats. Paquette was a strong advocate for both. If you think BC can fill that stadium or even Conte just with donors then Paquette is your man. Fans vote with their feet! :spaz3
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:24 am

Eaglekeeper is a BC version of a tinfoil-hat-wearer. He takes splinters of fact and well-founded critiques and then vomits volumes of nonsense which gives a glimpse into the mind of the insane. He's essentially a more literate form of Roonie.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:11 am

Plus they're going to be eliminating Shea entirely once the IPF comes about so taking the measures to nudge people over to Brighton, namely through the wristbands, wasn't the worst played idea in the world. Now this is also giving the BC Athletic Department a bit of credit for foresight and planning to do so intentionally, so I'm putting this more in the blind squirrel finds a nut kind of category.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:50 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Plus they're going to be eliminating Shea entirely once the IPF comes about so taking the measures to nudge people over to Brighton, namely through the wristbands, wasn't the worst played idea in the world. Now this is also giving the BC Athletic Department a bit of credit for foresight and planning to do so intentionally, so I'm putting this more in the blind squirrel finds a nut kind of category.

Brighton is fun to tailgate on. If they opened up the lower section to tailgating it would be really fun
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:10 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The jury is in, Shea Field tailgating is a shell of its former self. My source is from the President's office and the Athletic Development office. I understand BC needs to raise revenue, but the goal was to move out those who did not donate from their long held seats and to drive out the party culture by jacking up the parking fees. They did not count on large groups dividing up the cost of one parking space and then all showing up at that one space. The person in the President's office explicitly pointed out the need to ban loud music and could not believe that some people brought in speakers for their tailgate. There's no doubt that they succeeded in cracking down on tailgating parties and drove the non donors out of their seats. Paquette was a strong advocate for both. If you think BC can fill that stadium or even Conte just with donors then Paquette is your man. Fans vote with their feet! :spaz3

Jim Paquette left BC in 2010. Most of the really sucky measures taken to end Shea Field fun came in the last 2 or 3 years. I will grant these may have been ideas being tossed around for a long time and it took the compliance of the empty suit to push them through but Paquette was not in charge when these things actually happened that put the knife in Commander Shea Field. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:34 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The jury is in, Shea Field tailgating is a shell of its former self. My source is from the President's office and the Athletic Development office. I understand BC needs to raise revenue, but the goal was to move out those who did not donate from their long held seats and to drive out the party culture by jacking up the parking fees. They did not count on large groups dividing up the cost of one parking space and then all showing up at that one space. The person in the President's office explicitly pointed out the need to ban loud music and could not believe that some people brought in speakers for their tailgate. There's no doubt that they succeeded in cracking down on tailgating parties and drove the non donors out of their seats. Paquette was a strong advocate for both. If you think BC can fill that stadium or even Conte just with donors then Paquette is your man. Fans vote with their feet! :spaz3

If you're as juiced in as you claim to be then your solution to BC's attendance problems via sports bars in the end zones in even more ridiculous than previously thought, and I question your sanity.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:06 pm

Paquette is all about increasing parking fees and DBS. Anyone who preaches affordability on here, Paquette is not your man. All current parking fees and DBS fees are the direct result of Paquette's tenure at BC. The plan was to jack up prices so high that there would be less people on Shea Field, but at least the same or more revenue raised. The same with DBS, zero loyalty to season ticket holders. Athletic Development wanted the best seats back in both football and hoops to entice new donors that never materialized.

Look, I understand the truth hurts, but the reality that exist today is the direct result of policies enacted under Paquette.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:21 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Paquette is all about increasing parking fees and DBS. Anyone who preaches affordability on here, Paquette is not your man. All current parking fees and DBS fees are the direct result of Paquette's tenure at BC. The plan was to jack up prices so high that there would be less people on Shea Field, but at least the same or more revenue raised. The same with DBS, zero loyalty to season ticket holders. Athletic Development wanted the best seats back in both football and hoops to entice new donors that never materialized.

Look, I understand the truth hurts, but the reality that exist today is the direct result of policies enacted under Paquette.

Oh for fucks sake shut the fuck up about DBS. If Matt Ryan were the QB, everyone would pay DBS
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:07 pm

BC could not sell out the FSU game when Ryan was the QB. Pull your head out of your arse and wake the fuck up! Football and basketball are a disaster and DBS emptied the stands out. BC really wants no part of where college athletics are going, but they can't figure out how to get out. Coaches salaries are increasing every year and BC will not pay up. There is no donor or group of donors that are going to step up and fund this athletic department.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:12 pm

Then why not just shut it down then ? If there are no groups of donors to step up and move this forward like EVERYWHERE ELSE, whats the point ? Interesting that you omit the fact there was a hurricane the day of that FSU game. TWB is right, if hte product was better, the DBS would sell, your conspiracies about Paquette/DBS are stupid.

Also could you please stop pretending to be "plugged in", its pretty clear to everyone here you have no sources and no inside information.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:29 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BC could not sell out the FSU game when Ryan was the QB. Pull your head out of your arse and wake the fuck up! Football and basketball are a disaster and DBS emptied the stands out. BC really wants no part of where college athletics are going, but they can't figure out how to get out. Coaches salaries are increasing every year and BC will not pay up. There is no donor or group of donors that are going to step up and fund this athletic department.

You are a fuckstick. Game sold out. People didn't show because of a monsoon. Be better.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:36 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Then why not just shut it down then ? If there are no groups of donors to step up and move this forward like EVERYWHERE ELSE, whats the point ? Interesting that you omit the fact there was a hurricane the day of that FSU game. TWB is right, if hte product was better, the DBS would sell, your conspiracies about Paquette/DBS are stupid.

Also could you please stop pretending to be "plugged in", its pretty clear to everyone here you have no sources and no inside information.

You said it better
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:57 pm

Another fantasy BC sellout (lmfao)! Nobody is interested in donating $1,000 per seat for a bench seat, let alone $4,000 for 4 seats! Winning is not going to solve the season ticket problems. Paquette caused the problems, stop trying to protect your "boy"! What a horrible choice of an AD he would be. You can't be that fucking stupid suggesting Paquette is the answer.

These programs are going to continue to suck as long as Leahy is President. Without massive borrowing to build new facilities BC will always struggle in the ACC. It's also going to take a very skillful AD to build the season ticket base. Why Leahy who is supposedly retiring is even involved in selecting the new AD is a bad sign for the future. The current situation is a fucking disaster and that is only going to get worse! The fucking hoop team has won 2 ACC games in two years!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:03 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Another fantasy BC sellout (lmfao)! Nobody is interested in donating $1,000 per seat for a bench seat, let alone $4,000 for 4 seats! Winning is not going to solve the season ticket problems. Paquette caused the problems, stop trying to protect your "boy"! What a horrible choice of an AD he would be. You can't be that fucking stupid suggesting Paquette is the answer.

These programs are going to continue to suck as long as Leahy is President. Without massive borrowing to build new facilities BC will always struggle in the ACC. It's also going to take a very skillful AD to build the season ticket base. Why Leahy who is supposedly retiring is even involved in selecting the new AD is a bad sign for the future. The current situation is a fucking disaster and that is only going to get worse! The fucking hoop team has won 2 ACC games in two years!

Shut up faster.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:30 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Paquette is all about increasing parking fees and DBS. Anyone who preaches affordability on here, Paquette is not your man. All current parking fees and DBS fees are the direct result of Paquette's tenure at BC. The plan was to jack up prices so high that there would be less people on Shea Field, but at least the same or more revenue raised. The same with DBS, zero loyalty to season ticket holders. Athletic Development wanted the best seats back in both football and hoops to entice new donors that never materialized.

Since all of the premium parking (lower campus including Shea) sells out every year, how is this a bad thing?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:53 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Since all of the premium parking (lower campus including Shea) sells out every year, how is this a bad thing?

Do you really buy that it sells out?

Those spots are usually maybe 50% full, maybe. Do half the people really spend $5K to park then don't go?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:05 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I don't buy it, I know it.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:39 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I don't buy it, I know it.

they give passes away (to big BC but not FF donors) and passes are available on a per game basis
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:54 am

My only point is said lots are never full of cars. For a majority of games they're maybe 50% full and bigger games closer to 75%.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium