Bates to resign in June

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bates to resign in June

Postby hansen on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Scholarships cost BC $60 brazillion dollars, after all, and that's much cheaper at a state school.

Addazio's inability to declare redshirts by the deadline has cost the athletic department quite a bit of cold hard cash, my sources within the school tell me. When the redshirt is declared the ACC returns the scholarship money to the school (or shreds the relevant check, as the timing may be), which can then be spent on such amenities as stadium upgrades.

Glacier really outdid himself with this "joke".
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Blauds lobbed out a rumor that Leahy, Fish and Bates are gonzo in June
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:13 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Blauds lobbed out a rumor that Leahy, Fish and Bates are gonzo in June

If Leahy is gone in June he isn't running the search. There is no way the board would allow Leahy to name the AD right as he retires, even if they are cucked.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:52 pm

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Blauds lobbed out a rumor that Leahy, Fish and Bates are gonzo in June

If Leahy is gone in June he isn't running the search. There is no way the board would allow Leahy to name the AD right as he retires, even if they are cucked.

I still enjoy the idea that the BOT is some magical body that cares about what is best for BC. Continue.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:58 pm

like gum on a shoe
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:30 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Or renovate the stadium like every other school in the ACC has already done or is in the process of doing. Your problem is that you have spent your career looking at the expense side of the ledger and you do not understand the revenue side.

This is a good financial burn.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:30 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:That is absolutely true about Leahy running the show, but if the Trustees do not step in this time for all of the reasons stated, then it's clear that they also have no interest in sports. I don't see any smart person taking the AD job under the current structure. We might luck out if Leahy hires a BC grad who is willing to put up with him and who is confident the new president will keep him. It's been a career ending job for the last two Athletic Directors.

When Leahy hires the next stiff the discussion of how best to downsize the athletic department will be a top priority in order to eliminate the deficit.

Oh dear backwards accounting here we come.

I've had a long Monday, but backwards accounting has me in the BC groove!
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:54 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:

I still enjoy the idea that the BOT is some magical body that cares about what is best for BC. Continue.

I'm not at all versed in the wild and whacky world of higher education.

Is being on the BOT just a resume enhancer?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:34 pm

BOT just wrapped up their meetings, lots of talk about athletics, but no mention of Leahy retiring. It could be that just the executive committee of the BOT knows about when Leahy will retire.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:45 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BOT just wrapped up their meetings, lots of talk about athletics, but no mention of Leahy retiring. It could be that just the executive committee of the BOT knows about when Leahy will retire.

People make fixing athletics sound like launching a freaking rocket into space. It's not.

Hire real coaches, follow-through on your facilities promises, lower the prices (temporarily to get fans in the door and offer some goodwill) then slowly raise prices as people come back.

It's going to take some money, and someone who is the slightest bit innovative. This isn't that hard.

For instance the 2017 parking prices I just saw are abolutely comical
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:07 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BOT just wrapped up their meetings, lots of talk about athletics, but no mention of Leahy retiring. It could be that just the executive committee of the BOT knows about when Leahy will retire.

People make fixing athletics sound like launching a freaking rocket into space. It's not.

Hire real coaches, follow-through on your facilities promises, lower the prices (temporarily to get fans in the door and offer some goodwill) then slowly raise prices as people come back.

It's going to take some money, and someone who is the slightest bit innovative. This isn't that hard.

I interpreted those prices as an invitation to negotiate.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:22 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Most of the anticipated 2017 "Donation Minimums" are the exact same as 2016. The only increase is to Lower Brighton: from $150 to $200. They have added 300 Hammond, McElroy, Gasson and 2150 Comm.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:29 am

Looks like they increased lower Brighton to $200 per year and now offer $150 on Hammond Pond Parkway. The problem is no fucking tailgating allowed!

Does anyone really believe that prices are ever going to decrease????

The only way anything changes is to bring in all new personnel at every level. The current crew is just spinning their wheels. BC just does not want fans to enjoy tailgating.

Changing your minds yet on moving to Gillette?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:37 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Looks like they increased lower Brighton to $200 per year and now offer $150 on Hammond Pond Parkway. The problem is no fucking tailgating allowed!

The only way anything changes is to bring in all new personnel at every level. The current crew is just spinning their wheels. BC just does not want fans to enjoy tailgating.

No. As one of the 7 season ticket holders, I would never go. I pass on Pats tickets regularly. It's a pain in the ass and that at least is a good product. Went to the UMass game last year and it sucked. Plus BC is never giving up revenue for a dumb fucking move like that.

BC doesn't give a fuck if you enjoy tailgating. They're tired of you tailgating in the 2nd quarter. And they can't do anything about increasing the time limits. So basically they are stuck with a shitty fan base full of people that would rather pay thousands of dollars to drink shit beer on a Division II baseball field than watch the football team.

There are a lot of reasons to crap on BC athletics, starting with the product on the field. Blaming BC for having shitty fans is hardly on them, as it is not a remotely new development.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:39 am

I generally avoid responding to aliasses... but, I will just generally say that I would rather we drop football completely than play home games at Gillette. I mean this in all sincerity.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:41 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Most of the anticipated 2017 "Donation Minimums" are the exact same as 2016. The only increase is to Lower Brighton: from $150 to $200. They have added 300 Hammond, McElroy, Gasson and 2150 Comm.

It was batshit crazy last year also when you have the stadium about 50% full.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:46 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Looks like they increased lower Brighton to $200 per year and now offer $150 on Hammond Pond Parkway. The problem is no fucking tailgating allowed!

If you're going north or south (I.e. Not back into Boston) the Hammond Pond Parkway could be a good option. Straight back through the Mall to 9 and off to 95.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:47 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:I honestly do not understand this stadium conversation, Alumni is a very nice stadium that fits the character of the school, especially when full.

Alumni needs a few tweaks (bathrooms upstairs, significantly better concessions, etc). But as a whole, it's a nice college football stadium.

Go to like Happy Valley or the Shoe, those places are no nicer than Alumni they're just bigger.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:49 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No. As one of the 7 season ticket holders, I would never go. I pass on Pats tickets regularly. It's a pain in the ass and that at least is a good product. Went to the UMass game last year and it sucked. Plus BC is never giving up revenue for a dumb fucking move like that.

BC doesn't give a fuck if you enjoy tailgating. They're tired of you tailgating in the 2nd quarter. And they can't do anything about increasing the time limits. So basically they are stuck with a shitty fan base full of people that would rather pay thousands of dollars to drink shit beer on a Division II baseball field than watch the football team.

There are a lot of reasons to crap on BC athletics, starting with the product on the field. Blaming BC for having shitty fans is hardly on them, as it is not a remotely new development.

You and I are the only ones on this point but I agree.

And don't tell me it's because the team sucks because this has been a problem for about 20 years. Having more time to tailgate is also not going to fix the problem.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:57 am

Alumni always reminded me of Autzen. It's almost identical to Michie.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:11 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I generally avoid responding to aliasses... but, I will just generally say that I would rather we drop football completely than play home games at Gillette. I mean this in all sincerity.

i agree with moj. this is a scary day
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:11 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

If you're going north or south (I.e. Not back into Boston) the Hammond Pond Parkway could be a good option. Straight back through the Mall to 9 and off to 95.

I did this for every game last year and it was fine. No tailgating allowed, but there are no time restrictions so you can arrive as early as you want and walk to campus.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:15 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I generally avoid responding to aliasses... but, I will just generally say that I would rather we drop football completely than play home games at Gillette. I mean this in all sincerity.

i agree with moj. this is a scary day

Me three. I would just continue to not go to Pats' games.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:22 pm

I had two big tailgates (Thursday night game and the AFC CG), no problem getting to and from Gillette, in fact it's easier than trying to get to a BC hoop game on a Saturday afternoon. Awesome atsmosphere and the stadium is packed at kickoff because the team is worth watching unlike BC. The tickets are expensive but the parking is cheap, another reason why people make kickoff. At BC the parking is expensive, but the tickets are cheap, maybe that's why people are still tailgating at kickoff (lol)!

Alumni with a first class renovation including new luxury boxes, club seats, larger video replay boards, beer sales, etc would attract a lot more fans. Bring a good portion of the tailgating inside (club seats) and the stadium will fill up, even at kickoff. Basically, give fans a reason to enjoy the stadium 3 hours before kickoff.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I had two big tailgates (Thursday night game and the AFC CG), no problem getting to and from Gillette, in fact it's easier than trying to get to a BC hoop game on a Saturday afternoon. Awesome atsmosphere and the stadium is packed at kickoff because the team is worth watching unlike BC. The tickets are expensive but the parking is cheap, another reason why people make kickoff. At BC the parking is expensive, but the tickets are cheap, maybe that's why people are still tailgating at kickoff (lol)!

Alumni with a first class renovation including new luxury boxes, club seats, larger video replay boards, beer sales, etc would attract a lot more fans. Bring a good portion of the tailgating inside (club seats) and the stadium will fill up, even at kickoff. Basically, give fans a reason to enjoy the stadium 3 hours before kickoff.

This is all fantasy land shit. The only reason traffic wouldn't look like this for BC games is that no one would be there. Traffic wasn't good for the UMass game and it was empty. Traffic sucks ass when they close the upper bowl for soccer. It's a shitty place to drive to a game period.

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:41 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I had two big tailgates (Thursday night game and the AFC CG), no problem getting to and from Gillette, in fact it's easier than trying to get to a BC hoop game on a Saturday afternoon. Awesome atsmosphere and the stadium is packed at kickoff because the team is worth watching unlike BC. The tickets are expensive but the parking is cheap, another reason why people make kickoff. At BC the parking is expensive, but the tickets are cheap, maybe that's why people are still tailgating at kickoff (lol)!

remind me - how long was the waiting list for tickets to the bc/umass game played at gillette?

i think your issue is that you tend to look more on the fantasy side of the ledger and pay no attention to the reality of what has actually happened and the likelihood that will happen again. maybe if you focused more on what you could actually prove instead of your field of dreams bullshit, you might have a more convincing argument.

lastly, please try to find a way to go choke on a porno cock
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:05 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:beer sales

I thought BC was trying to eliminate the "party culture" surrounding football games.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:25 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:beer sales

I thought BC was trying to eliminate the "party culture" surrounding football games.

Pretty sure the admissions office handled this already.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This is all fantasy land shit. The only reason traffic wouldn't look like this for BC games is that no one would be there. Traffic wasn't good for the UMass game and it was empty. Traffic sucks ass when they close the upper bowl for soccer. It's a shitty place to drive to a game period.

The traffic is horrible getting to Gillette from anywhere.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:33 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The traffic is horrible getting to Gillette from anywhere.

except for those travelling from a gumdrop house on lollipop lane; where the corners are filled in, the stadium beer flows like wine and people show up to stuff without asking any questions just because there are shiny things there
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium