Bates to resign in June

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bates to resign in June

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:16 pm

how about up in the air? do you get that one as well... about being replaced by a computer and losing your super platinum status?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:02 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:how about up in the air? do you get that one as well... about being replaced by a computer and losing your super platinum status?

Yep shit good call on that one.

I'm currently sitting through a 3 hour delay...good times
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:46 pm

Boo Corrigan has a lot of marketing experience and fundraising success. Seems like just what BC needs. Culturally a good fit as well, 1990 ND grad, Irish catholic. Also knows the ACC very well. He has worked at both Navy and Army in addition to FSU & Duke. His strengths are areas that BC desperately needs help.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:12 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Boo Corrigan has a lot of marketing experience and fundraising success. Seems like just what BC needs. Culturally a good fit as well, 1990 ND grad, Irish catholic. Also knows the ACC very well. He has worked at both Navy and Army in addition to FSU & Duke. His strengths are areas that BC desperately needs help.

I'm not opposed to him or the VCU dude. Both are apparently very well respected from everyone I've talked to.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:06 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Boo Corrigan has a lot of marketing experience and fundraising success. Seems like just what BC needs. Culturally a good fit as well, 1990 ND grad, Irish catholic. Also knows the ACC very well. He has worked at both Navy and Army in addition to FSU & Duke. His strengths are areas that BC desperately needs help.

I'm not opposed to him or the VCU dude. Both are apparently very well respected from everyone I've talked to.

Corrigan was the choice 4 years ago. Right up until the moment Leo and Frank realized he wouldn't be a puppet.

On that point... here's how we will know whether or not there is a chance that BC is turning a corner... exactly how involved Fr. Frank is involved with the process. If Leo (with whom Leahy seems to have an unnatural relationship with) is brought back to help lead the process... it means that (a) Frank is still calling the shots, (b) the BOT Sports Committee either doesn't exist or is feckless, and (c) we are hiring another empty suit.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:05 am

Its been known for 6 months or more that Bates wasn't being renewed. Now that his "resignation" is official, pay him the 3 or 4 months salary he's owed and ask him leave now. Let's speed the replacement process along.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:07 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Corrigan was the choice 4 years ago. Right up until the moment Leo and Frank realized he wouldn't be a puppet.

On that point... here's how we will know whether or not there is a chance that BC is turning a corner... exactly how involved Fr. Frank is involved with the process. If Leo (with whom Leahy seems to have an unnatural relationship with) is brought back to help lead the process... it means that (a) Frank is still calling the shots, (b) the BOT Sports Committee either doesn't exist or is feckless, and (c) we are hiring another empty suit.

This is precisely what BC does not need.

Won't Leahy retire soon? He is woefully out of touch
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:36 am

Epstein is in the consulting world? I thought he covered sports for a newspaper.

Us consultants are generally more likeable than Eppy.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:50 am

Is it really a resignation when you have an employment contract, and the contract just terminates on a given date and your employer isn't willing to extend it?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:53 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Epstein is in the consulting world? I thought he covered sports for a newspaper.

Us consultants are generally more likeable than Eppy.

I'm very likable and adorable, just not when discussing the 10 year train wreck that has been BC sports
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:53 am

Borges also wrote a terrible article in the Herald today saying that BC needs to lower their admission standards.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:04 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Borges also wrote a terrible article in the Herald today saying that BC needs to lower their admission standards.

Hey, it worked for the Herald.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:35 pm

I wonder who he plagiarized that idea from?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:33 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Is it really a resignation when you have an employment contract, and the contract just terminates on a given date and your employer isn't willing to extend it?

You're arguing semantics, but semantics matter when you're dealing with egos as big as the ones involved in this thing.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:45 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I wonder who he plagiarized that idea from?

This was well played
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bumpers on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm hearing it is down to 2; one of the candidates I mentioned and then the super secret candidate, with the lean to the latter. And I have info on the super secret candidate now, and for the life of me, I don't know what they are thinking, but it looks like it will happen.

Expect to be disappointed.

:whiteflag
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Does Bumpers really know stuff or is he stealing HJS' bit?

Though the "expect to be disappointed" sounds right
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:38 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Does Bumpers really know stuff or is he stealing HJS' bit?

Either way, EO is the place for fake news.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:53 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Either way, EO is the place for fake news.

Hey I just checked back into Mary Ann's and let me tell you there's nothing fake about no-fault divorce and the end of society or whatever. IB is blowing the lid off this thing.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby mod6A on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:I'm hearing it is down to 2; one of the candidates I mentioned and then the super secret candidate, with the lean to the latter. And I have info on the super secret candidate now, and for the life of me, I don't know what they are thinking, but it looks like it will happen.

so you are saying AD coughlin is off the table and we should expect AD :toby ?

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:52 pm

Bumpers {l Wrote}:I'm hearing it is down to 2; one of the candidates I mentioned and then the super secret candidate, with the lean to the latter. And I have info on the super secret candidate now, and for the life of me, I don't know what they are thinking, but it looks like it will happen.

I always expect to be disappointed with BC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:10 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Borges also wrote a terrible article in the Herald today saying that BC needs to lower their admission standards.

He probably should have done the basics of actually finding out if indeed our admissions standards are that much different from other top schools. I have always been told they really are not that different but our shitastic coaches love having that type of rumor out there to give them an excuse for sucking. Lookup the story of Brandon Brokaw, our hands are quite dirty. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Iggle on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:17 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:

He probably should have done the basics of actually finding out if indeed our admissions standards are that much different from other top schools. I have always been told they really are not that different but our shitastic coaches love having that type of rumor out there to give them an excuse for sucking. Lookup the story of Brandon Brokaw, our hands are quite dirty. :ace

to add my anecdote, my understanding is that BC's academic standards are higher than most schools, but not a complete outlier. Told they were roughly in line with other private FBS/D1 schools. that obviously adds some challenge but should not be insurmountable
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:31 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
Iggle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

to add my anecdote, my understanding is that BC's academic standards are higher than most schools, but not a complete outlier. Told they were roughly in line with other private FBS/D1 schools. that obviously adds some challenge but should not be insurmountable

This just isn't true at all. This is IB, red pill, alternative facts level wrong. The standards at BC are meet the NCAA minimums and no trouble with the law. I'm guessing the last one is flexible too.

I have heard the line: "Don't fill out your application in crayon and you will be fine."

I am a firm advocate of the idea that the admissions standards should not be an excuse, but this is not true. BC may clear a kid that shouldn't get in, or two, or five, but it is not the 29 that get cleared at Alabama or Ohio State. So I agree with you on an individual basis, picking a kid here or there, but volume, no way is it the same, not close.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

its a lazy argument. Stanford is only school that has a legit gripe, and they still get elite guys in. BC is on par with, as you said, all the high level/private schools (ND, Vandy, Duke, etc..)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
Iggle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

This just isn't true at all. This is IB, red pill, alternative facts level wrong. The standards at BC are meet the NCAA minimums and no trouble with the law. I'm guessing the last one is flexible too.

I have heard the line: "Don't fill out your application in crayon and you will be fine."

I am a firm advocate of the idea that the admissions standards should not be an excuse, but this is not true. BC may clear a kid that shouldn't get in, or two, or five, but it is not the 29 that get cleared at Alabama or Ohio State. So I agree with you on an individual basis, picking a kid here or there, but volume, no way is it the same, not close.

So how does Harvard beat BC in basketball? Are their admission standards on a par with Alabama?
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:20 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
Iggle {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

So how does Harvard beat BC in basketball? Are their admission standards on a par with Alabama?

Shitty coaching bow tie. But you were being bluntly rhetorical, so whatever. Try harder.

PS Harvard admits those kids too, and doesn't have a football team worth mentioning.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:45 am

[quote="twballgame9]

IPS Harvard admits those kids too, and doesn't have a football team worth mentioning.[/quote]

Not worth mentioning because Harvard doesn't play powerhouses such as Wagner, Buffalo, UMass and get blown out by any halfway decent team? I do not think the excuse that BC can't be Harvard during the week and Alabama on Saturdays holds water when BC would have a tough time beating Harvard on Saturdays.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:05 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
IPS Harvard admits those kids too, and doesn't have a football team worth mentioning.

Not worth mentioning because Harvard doesn't play powerhouses such as Wagner, Buffalo, UMass and get blown out by any halfway decent team? I do not think the excuse that BC can't be Harvard during the week and Alabama on Saturdays holds water when BC would have a tough time beating Harvard on Saturdays.

i'm fairly certain that even ts slaughter could put a smack-down on harvard but we won't be able to judge that fairly until we can transitive the game between holy cross that both of us will play in 2018

also, this was a bad post, ringling brother, and you should feel bad for posting it
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium