Super Bowl thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Super Bowl thread

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:28 pm

Sorry it had to go down like that for Matt, but fuck yeah for the Pats.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:28 pm

it's also on the falcons offense

they ran fewer plays than Brady had completions. Congrats on the MVP, tommy... enjoy the gay sex
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:30 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:it's also on the falcons offense

they ran fewer plays than Brady had completions. Congrats on the MVP, tommy... enjoy the gay sex

A mediocre defense gets one stop.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:30 pm

an older coach makes better adjustments
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:31 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:an older coach makes better adjustments

He did.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:36 pm

1st and 10 at pats 25 with 4 min to go up a TD, don't even get a FG attempt

3rd and 1 w 8 minutes to go up 16, try to throw a bomb
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:39 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

and, as angry dick said, that's on matty
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:an older coach makes better adjustments

He did.

exactly

sadly, you know matt will now fade into bolivion
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:42 pm

fox will get some shit for all the "motherfucker" I just heard broadcast.

does strahan lose his day job as a result?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:49 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:fox will get some shit for all the "motherfucker" I just heard broadcast.

does strahan lose his day job as a result?

i rarely watch fox but they're absolutely brutal

was fun listening buck stumble over the various aryan trumpster, he thinks all white people look the same SAD!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:56 pm

RYAN with a 144 passer rating to bradys 95.
I blame the Falcons head coach for losing this game... why not run the ball and eat up clock up 8 and deep into Patriots territory. Worst case scenario you try for a FG.

Belichek outcoached him by a mile.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:57 pm

On the fumble, Matt should have just taken the sack instead of trying to get rid of it. That's an underrated part of Brady's game, knows how to take a sack.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:57 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:RYAN with a 144 passer rating to bradys 95.
I blame the Falcons head coach for losing this game... why not run the ball and eat up clock up 8 and deep into Patriots territory. Worst case scenario you try for a FG.

because he knew I wanted the over and needed to get the td
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:04 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:RYAN with a 144 passer rating to bradys 95.

Second half. First half pats coaches were abused.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:05 pm

Hey Dick, Tom Brady is the Greatest QB of all time.

Deal with it.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:09 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:that was a David tyree type catch... potential game changer

Edit Joe buck owes me for stealing my comment

time stamp. We will see this replay more often than nospace can't see his dick under his gunt
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby bcshater on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:24 pm

The Falcons defense was just gassed. How do you allow 3 PI calls on the same drive?
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:35 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Let's be brutally honest about Matt Ryan. He is a choker. He choked against Florida State. He choked against Maryland and he absolutely gacked it up in the ACC championship game. This is who he is and this is what he does. He also gacked up an NFC championship game against Colin Fucking Kaepernick--blew a 17 point lead in that one I believe.

Played like shit in the second half. Blew it on the fumble and blew it on what became 3rd and 33.

Finally a bolo catch goes the Pats way.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:59 am

Not Ryan's fault at all, he played very well. This is all on the Atlanta HC for not running the ball with a first down at the Pat's 25 and kicking an easy FG to go up 31-20. Ryan put them in a position to win and the HC screwed up. TOB, Spaz & Daz would have run 3 times and kicked the FG!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:20 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

and, as angry dick said, that's on matty

Is it really?

3rd and 1 and no RB in the backfield is on Matty? 3rd and 1 and Freeman completely misses his block which results in Matty getting blindsided on his throw.
1st and 10 at the 25... ball was only there because of Matty moving it there from inside his 10. Sack came right up the middle. He was in the pocket and was too far to throw it out of the end zone. Perhaps, could've saved a couple of yards by going down immediately instead of backpedalling. Nonetheless, he got the ball back to the 25 on the next play for a field goal. Can't blame Matty for his Lineman's hold.

Bottom line is that once Falcons scored their 28th point, Quinn employed Daz's bowl game strategy. Everything was geared towards playing not to lose. He was hyper-concerned about giving up the big play... and the D was all too happy to give up dinks-and-dunks... and kept everything in front of them. This is all why a back-up RB set a record with 14 receptions and why Pats were over .500 on 3rd/4th downs... and why NE had twice as many plays run. I can't recall a single blitz in the second half... it was all just trying to get pressure with the 4-man front.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:33 am

Blitzing would have been retarded
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:32 am

Next time you all bitch about Addazio, remember the brilliant display of coaching you just witnessed.

BB and McDaniels were just as bad for a majority of that game. Nice onside kick where it hits your kicker after about 5 yards that wasn't predictable at all.

That sucked for Matt Ryan because outside of taking a sack and throwing one way he played well. Devonte Freeman on that block was embarrassing
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:34 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Let's be brutally honest about Matt Ryan. He is a choker. He choked against Florida State. He choked against Maryland and he absolutely gacked it up in the ACC championship game. This is who he is and this is what he does. He also gacked up an NFC championship game against Colin Fucking Kaepernick--blew a 17 point lead in that one I believe.

I generally agree with the above sentiment on Matty but last night wasn't on him.

He is a slightly better version of that Romo/Dalton/Cousins group of QBs that will never win a Super Bowl
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:30 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:He is a slightly better version of that Romo/Dalton/Cousins group of QBs that will never win a Super Bowl

Yet... he's a Freeman block or an OL hold or a D stop on any of the last 5 possessions away from proving that statement wrong. The idea that any QB "can't win a Super Bowl" ignores that Dilfer, Flacco and a host of other manage-the-game-types have rings thanks to dominant Ds. That said... Matty at least would be an asset in helping his team win a Super Bowl whereas those others mentioned in the thread would win despite the QB. I think the comparison for Matty is more Dan Marino or versions of Elway/Manning before they won their ring... essentially, prolific passers with MVP trophys who needed a good rest of a team to win it all.

Matty had a fucking 144 passer rating yesterday. Only someone who views FB as an Xbox match between the 2 QBs would blame him... just like those fools who would've blamed Brady should the Falcons decided to play D on any of the multiple 2-point conversions (or if the coin landed tails).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:13 am

that collapse was on the O / coaching. the d was out there for 90 plays, to rely on them to make a play in the 4th quarter is spitting in the wind. Beasley almost did it on the 1st and goal from the 2.
A: wtf was mcdaniels doing there
ii: in a game that I though was very well officiated that PI was a rough call, maybe mainly cause I think the nfl spot foul on PI is incredibly dumb

no clue what devonta was doing there, live I thought he was setting up for a screen given matty's drop and devonta playing a matador

on 1st down after Julio's catch even if you run the ball into the line 3x you have a 40 yarder for matt Bryant, give the ball back to the pats down 11 w about 3:30 to go and no TOs. matty can't take a sack there but even still the play after that they're set up for a 43 yarder but that's called back on holding

matty didn't yack it up against Maryland either. spaz's d allowed 42 points & 337 yards to napoleon dynamite
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:32 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:that collapse was on the O / coaching. the d was out there for 90 plays, to rely on them to make a play in the 4th quarter is spitting in the wind.

They were out there for 90 plus plays because they couldn't get off the field (or played bend don't break... let them move the chains so long as it costs them time). Blaming the Falcon's O is like blaming Tyler Murphy for not scoring enough points to offset Don Brown turning Christian Hackenberg into a 2nd Round draft pick for the Jets. You are blaming the O because it should've scored more knowing that the D was complete horseshit.

The Falcon's D bleed-the-clock strategy started well before the 2nd half. They gave up 2 straight 80-yard drives going into the half (one led to a pick-6, the other a FG). It ultimately resulted in over an hour between snaps for the Atlanta offense.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:52 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Ryan can't take the sack that eventually moved them out of field goal range, that was atrocious. Also, apparently he checked into a passing play on the strip sack, not good. Lots of blame to go around on both the coaching staff and Ryan.

Also, brady is amazing, unquestionably the GOAT

Brady was incredible... but that D played right into his hands. He's a master at taking what teams will give. He struggled all game on connecting on the deep balls (some of which were wide open). It's as if those near-misses scared ATL out of their press coverage and opted instead to keep everything in front of them (i.e. allow catches within 8 yards of the LOS regardless of down or distance).

I don't know how you say he checked into a pass on 3rd and 1? Unless it was in a presser or something. They broke the huddle and Freeman immediately went to the wingback position (just off LOS outside the TE/RT). Perhaps he was to then shift to the backfield? You wouldn't know it from watching the play though. Irregardless... it is immaterial if Freeman makes contact on his "block".

Again... folks are over-thinking to show millennial-like "creative analysis." The problem with the Falcons was their D sucked. The problem on 3rd and 1 was the missed block. The problem on 1st from the 25 was the sack... but moreso was the hold after the completion (btw... wasn't that the series where the RT went out after another failed run on 1st down).

Trying to blame Ryan (who played a near perfect game against the supposed "best D in the NFL") is nothing more than social media deforming folks ability to see the actual problem and instead waste time searching for a "fresh takes" to engender retweets and likes.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:00 am

coaching (playcalls) and clock management (ryan) were largely to blame.

how many times did matt ryan snap the ball last night with >10 seconds on the playclock with the clock running in the 4th quarter. completely inexcusable
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:06 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Ryan can't take the sack that eventually moved them out of field goal range, that was atrocious. Also, apparently he checked into a passing play on the strip sack, not good. Lots of blame to go around on both the coaching staff and Ryan.

Also, brady is amazing, unquestionably the GOAT

Brady was incredible... but that D played right into his hands. He's a master at taking what teams will give. He struggled all game on connecting on the deep balls (some of which were wide open). It's as if those near-misses scared ATL out of their press coverage and opted instead to keep everything in front of them (i.e. allow catches within 8 yards of the LOS regardless of down or distance).

maybe we're disagreeing with blame because I'm treating it as: i know the d sucks / is meh and the O is one of the best in recent memory and thus expecting the O to keep making plays against a mediocre D.

btw what is kyle shanahan doing going to sf? you have no shot in the nfl unless you have at worst a top 10 qb and this is the same franchise that fired harbaugh after going to 3 nfc cg in 4 years and just hired a gm who has never spent a second in a front office
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:12 am

things are quiet, maybe even a little melancholy here in the atl airport.

playoffs gear is 20-50% off at the over priced gift shops. no sign of a "falcons super bowl champs" shirt or hat. I'm totally buying one if I see it
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium