Super Bowl thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Super Bowl thread

Postby hansen on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:18 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:A missed block and shitty coach in the second half cost Matty Ice and Atlanta a title.
End of story.

Jesus Hansbrough. And the most ridiculous comeback of all time. But you wouldn't understand that you're a cardinal fan. Roll over, get swept.

Chris Carpenter's bicep injury significantly changed that 2004 series before it even started.

Chris Carpenter was mediocre against good hitting. Like a Rich Man's Jeff Suppan.

In 4 World Series starts (3 against the Texas rangers), 27IP, 2.0 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, 5BB, 19K.
Definitely not mediocre.

That 2011 Texas team was stacked with great hitters.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:53 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:A missed block and shitty coach in the second half cost Matty Ice and Atlanta a title.
End of story.

Jesus Hansbrough. And the most ridiculous comeback of all time. But you wouldn't understand that you're a cardinal fan. Roll over, get swept.

Chris Carpenter's bicep injury significantly changed that 2004 series before it even started.

Chris Carpenter was mediocre against good hitting. Like a Rich Man's Jeff Suppan.

In 4 World Series starts (3 against the Texas rangers), 27IP, 2.0 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, 5BB, 19K.
Definitely not mediocre.

Contrary to your shitty sample size, Chris Carpenter career ERA = 3.76. On the bright side, it was only 4.83 in 135 starts and 153 games in the AL, so he was lights out facing the AL east
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
End of story.

Definitely not mediocre.

Contrary to your shitty sample size, Chris Carpenter career ERA = 3.76. On the bright side, it was only 4.83 in 135 starts and 153 games in the AL, so he was lights out facing the AL east

Well. If I gave his NL stats which is when his career really took off under Dave Duncan, then I knew you would push the NL sucks agenda. I then wanted his Interleague stats with the cards but I could not find them. So I went with his World Series stats. 4 games isn't a big sample size agreed but it's 4 games against a top AL team in a pressure packed game. So I wouldn't completely discount them.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:55 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
End of story.

Definitely not mediocre.

Well. If I gave his NL stats which is when his career really took off under Dave Duncan, then I knew you would push the NL sucks agenda. I then wanted his Interleague stats with the cards but I could not find them. So I went with his World Series stats. 4 games isn't a big sample size agreed but it's 4 games against a top AL team in a pressure packed game. So I wouldn't completely discount them.

His NL stats are when his career took off by going to the NL, a la Jake Arrieta and pretty much everybody.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:33 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
End of story.

Definitely not mediocre.

His NL stats are when his career took off by going to the NL, a la Jake Arrieta and pretty much everybody.

As you frequently say on this board, Correlation does not imply causality.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:44 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
End of story.

Definitely not mediocre.

As you frequently say on this board, Correlation does not imply causality.

Misquoting me no space style now.

You know what to do...
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:52 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:This thread has the potential to be the next "Bruins Weirdos."

nah - it's more likely to be the next "addazio will turn out to be a great hire" thread... chock full of dumb shit and stupidity
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:25 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:This thread has the potential to be the next "Bruins Weirdos."

nah - it's more likely to be the next "addazio will turn out to be a great hire" thread... chock full of dumb shit and stupidity

Paging Big Ben
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium