2018 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2018 Recruiting Thread

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:01 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I don’t understand how this class can be the worst P5 class in America. That can’t be even close to true

I didn't think we were that bad. I thought 50s which is also unacceptable.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:17 pm

The number of people that continue to judge BC's classes on star ranking produced by creepy dudes watching tape on mom's mac astounds me.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The number of people that continue to judge BC's classes on star ranking produced by creepy dudes watching tape on mom's mac astounds me.

it's this.
BC's recruits will never be hyped or analyzed properly.
If BC is getting in the low 40s, then we are doing well enough.
If BC gets into the top 25, then it's a dominating class.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:11 pm

didn't know if it was posted meatbaum hosted the annual signing day show. talked to daz, loeffler, & reid about each player

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bceagles24 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:21 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The number of people that continue to judge BC's classes on star ranking produced by creepy dudes watching tape on mom's mac astounds me.

Yep it’s pointless getting worked up over recruiting rankings this class is much better then where it is ranked. The sites can say what they want but it’s pretty common knowledge certain schools are going to get bumps and some are going to drop some based on subscribers etc. Add in the geographical footprint a lot of these guys come from and your even further behind the 8 ball. All you need to do is look at some other schools commit lists basically the same type of offer list for a kid in even places like VA or NC and you’ve a 3 Star versus 2 star if the kid is from MA or NY. Another thing that hurt this BC class was the fact it was finished so early none g these guys had any drama so they weren’t getting a bump. Want an example of that look at Jean-Baptiste. Don’t get me wrong the production finally came this year for him but having said that he should’ve already been as highly ranked as he was there isn’t much different to me when it comes to his projection he’s still a really raw athletic freak with a ton of upside. That didn’t change this year but he’s uncommitted and he’s picking up offers as schools miss on some guys and all of a sudden he’s a borderline top 200 player and a consensus 4 Star. That’s not happening for a BC commit down the stretch. Evan Stewart for example had a massive senior season if anything they dropped him some. It’s just not worth really worrying too much about.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:42 pm

Looks like BC might have picked up a late '18 commitment from Garrett Reilly, a kicker/punter from Malvern Prep in Philly.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:01 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Looks like BC might have picked up a late '18 commitment from Garrett Reilly, a kicker/punter from Malvern Prep in Philly.

Regular admissions announcements went out this afternoon.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Looks like a commitment from LB Marvin Ham from Michigan. Bunch of MAC offers.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:27 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Looks like a commitment from LB Marvin Ham from Michigan. Bunch of MAC offers.

Titanic sunk too.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Looks like a commitment from LB Marvin Ham from Michigan. Bunch of MAC offers.

Titanic sunk too.

And wrong thread!
Domingo hangs head in shame
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:01 pm

untack this thread!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:14 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Then there's this:

Pat Lanni‏Verified account @PatLanniHS 21m21 minutes ago
More
Pat Lanni Retweeted Dianna Russini
Don Bosco AD and coach Mike Teel are denying this claim. Rice spoke to the team today "nothing more."

Did we ever figure out what happened with Toal at Bosco? I ran into Teel at a Rutgers Basketball game, that feels like a disastrous hire.

As I understand it, Toal was going to be extended but with a transition plan put in place (which was most likely going to involve Teel). Somewhere along the line, that plan quickly devolved into a "do you want to retire or be fired" thing. President of the school made the call. Some Trustees delivered the message. There were rumors that the new President wasn't a fan of the sometimes-difficult Toal. He probably was a Leahy fan and agreed that sports was too big of a role at the school. I also understand that Teel was on the verge of taking the head coaching job at Mahwah when this all transpired (though he wasn't using it at leverage or anything as he never thought Toal was going to be asked to leave). At the end of the day, I think it is a weak hire and one that isn't particularly good for BC as Teel loves Piscataway.

Mike Teel resigned as head coach of Bosco yesterday. Apparently, his dad is terminally ill and his mom isn’t in great health either. He is going to be spending time with and taking care of them and won’t be able to run the program.

Bosco has a short list already. I’m hearing the Paramus (not Paramus Catnolic) coach is near the top (he allegedly passed on Bergen last year). Another is Danny Marangi (Bosco alum who was Toal’s DC and is now Augie’s DC at St. Joes). I think there is a third lame promotion from within option as well.
https://www.northjersey.com/story/sport ... 681196002/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 pm

So... Bosco got Dan Sabella. Excellent hire by them. He was at Ridgefield Park (after having a successful run at Paramus Catholic). Rumor is that Flores is looking to bring Auggie down to Dolphins.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:55 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:Washington State defensive line signee RJ Stone: As a senior, Stone compiled 55 tackles, 7.5 sacks and 4 fumble recoveries, all that while standing 6-foot-3 with a 4.8 40-yard dash and elite NFL bloodlines from his father Ron Stone, a former Pro Bowler and Super Bowl champ.

https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-recruiting-25-new-4-stars-in-247Sports-Recruiting-Rankings-114741411

how do we not get Ron Stone's kid? There was even a pizza named after him at Pinos with extra sausage.

Hearing Ron Stone Jr.'s name called a lot in UW-WSU game. He was All-Pac-12 Conference second team selection last season, first team the season before. He'll likely make one of the all-conference teams again this season.

He grew up in CA, and his two sisters were/are athletes at Oregon, apparently.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium