Official 2017 Football Schedule Released

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official 2017 Football Schedule Released

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:51 am

Feels very 6-6ish with a third tier bowl win to go 7-6. Probably not enough for the new AD to fire him just yet.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Re: 2017 Football Schedule

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:54 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:BOSTON COLLEGE
Sept. 1 at Northern Illinois (Fri.)
Sept. 9 WAKE FOREST
Sept. 16 NOTRE DAME
Sept. 23 at Clemson
Sept. 30 CENTRAL MICHIGAN
Oct. 7 VIRGINIA TECH
Oct. 14 at Louisville
Oct. 21 at Virginia
Oct. 27 FLORIDA STATE (Fri.)
Nov. 4 OPEN
Nov. 11 NC STATE
Nov. 18 vs. UConn
(Fenway Park, Boston)
Nov. 25 at Syracuse

10-2

Does the youth/inexperience excuse come out before or after 12 noon on 9/16?

we'll hear about breaking in a new qb at his spring presser
then he'll talk about a new RT (my guess is august, during summer ball)
later he'll bemoan the fact that jeff smith / walker didn't RS (probably after wake / nd at one of the ketchup fests at jake and joe's)

The bye week falls perfectly for Daziani. He will very likely need to win the last 3 games to get to 6. So, it really couldn't come at a better time.

Here are my chances of BC winning each game...
Sept. 1 at Northern Illinois (Fri.) - 65%
Sept. 9 WAKE FOREST - 60%
Sept. 16 NOTRE DAME - 40%
Sept. 23 at Clemson - 5%
Sept. 30 CENTRAL MICHIGAN - 70%
Oct. 7 VIRGINIA TECH - 25%
Oct. 14 at Louisville - 10%
Oct. 21 at Virginia - 60%
Oct. 27 FLORIDA STATE (Fri.) - 5%
Nov. 4 OPEN
Nov. 11 NC STATE - 55%
Nov. 18 vs. UConn (Fenway Park, Boston) - 75%
Nov. 25 at Syracuse - 50%

So, depending on how badly Dazoo mismanages the game, we should be anywhere from 7-5 to 5-7.

Using your projections, I estimated our chances of going undefeated. My Commodore 64c spit out the odds as: 0.000084% or 1.2 million to one.

Yeah... but, I estimated our chances of going 10-2 as : .034% or 1 in 2941.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:58 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Here are my chances of BC winning each game...
Sept. 23 at Clemson - 5%
Nov. 4 OPEN
Nov. 11 NC STATE - 55%

So, depending on how badly Dazoo mismanages the game, we should be anywhere from 7-5 to 5-7.

I think UConn, N.Illinois and C.Michigan are a bit on the low side, but overall this is reasonable.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:02 pm

we need to dump the domers and yukon and add 2 more mac teams. basically make our own domer type deal except with the mac instead of the acc

buttcut, we fully expect this to be your last action on your way out the door and back to the gerbil farm
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:we need to dump the domers and yukon and add 2 more mac teams. basically make our own domer type deal except with the mac instead of the acc

buttcut, we fully expect this to be your last action on your way out the door and back to the gerbil farm

I expect his last action to be stealing from the Yawkey Center a bunch of lamps, staplers, telephones, and anything else that hasn't been nailed down

Just stealing the salary isn't enough, is it, Braddy boy?

Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby mod6A on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:06 pm

Does observer college still post here? His take on the schedule will be refreshing I bet.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:37 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:BOSTON COLLEGE
Sept. 1 at Northern Illinois (Fri.)
Sept. 9 WAKE FOREST
Sept. 16 NOTRE DAME
Sept. 23 at Clemson
Sept. 30 CENTRAL MICHIGAN
Oct. 7 VIRGINIA TECH
Oct. 14 at Louisville
Oct. 21 at Virginia
Oct. 27 FLORIDA STATE (Fri.)
Nov. 4 OPEN
Nov. 11 NC STATE
Nov. 18 vs. UConn
(Fenway Park, Boston)
Nov. 25 at Syracuse

10-2

Does the youth/inexperience excuse come out before or after 12 noon on 9/16?

we'll hear about breaking in a new qb at his spring presser
then he'll talk about a new RT (my guess is august, during summer ball)
later he'll bemoan the fact that jeff smith / walker didn't RS (probably after wake / nd at one of the ketchup fests at jake and joe's)

The bye week falls perfectly for Daziani. He will very likely need to win the last 3 games to get to 6. So, it really couldn't come at a better time.

Here are my chances of BC winning each game...
Sept. 23 at Clemson - 5%
Nov. 4 OPEN
Nov. 11 NC STATE - 55%

Using your projections, I estimated our chances of going undefeated. My Commodore 64c spit out the odds as: 0.000084% or 1.2 million to one.

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:00 am

CONTENT:

Virginia Tech
No, I'm not a Justin Fuente doubter. The Virginia Tech program is in good hands as long as he's in Blacksburg, and there's a reason he won ACC Coach of the Year honors in his first season as the Hokies' head coach. They won six of their last eight games a year ago and staged one of the more epic comebacks you'll see in any bowl season when they rallied from a 24-0 halftime deficit to defeat Arkansas 35-24 in the Belk Bowl. The problem is the offense was gutted by early defections to the NFL, most notably quarterback Jerod Evans. He elected to turn pro after only one season at Virginia Tech, and both of his top targets, wide receiver Isaiah Ford and tight end Bucky Hodges, are also leaving early for the NFL. That's the kind of trio that would be difficult for any coach to replace, and it stands to reason that the Hokies could experience a little bit of a dip in 2017 after winning 10 games and playing in the ACC championship game in Fuente's debut season. (via ESPN)

(My opinion is this may be a toss-up game at very best, despite the talent drain in Blacksburg, based solely on the fact that Fuentes is a far better coach than the Dazzler).

Let's add some other opponent synopsis to try and figure out whether this will (finally) be the Addazio swan song, or whether he again proves his coaching genius by staking another 6-6 record to his resume in Year 5, with all his players.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:22 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:CONTENT:

Virginia Tech
No, I'm not a Justin Fuente doubter. The Virginia Tech program is in good hands as long as he's in Blacksburg, and there's a reason he won ACC Coach of the Year honors in his first season as the Hokies' head coach. They won six of their last eight games a year ago and staged one of the more epic comebacks you'll see in any bowl season when they rallied from a 24-0 halftime deficit to defeat Arkansas 35-24 in the Belk Bowl. The problem is the offense was gutted by early defections to the NFL, most notably quarterback Jerod Evans. He elected to turn pro after only one season at Virginia Tech, and both of his top targets, wide receiver Isaiah Ford and tight end Bucky Hodges, are also leaving early for the NFL. That's the kind of trio that would be difficult for any coach to replace, and it stands to reason that the Hokies could experience a little bit of a dip in 2017 after winning 10 games and playing in the ACC championship game in Fuente's debut season. (via ESPN)

(My opinion is this may be a toss-up game at very best, despite the talent drain in Blacksburg, based solely on the fact that Fuentes is a far better coach than the Dazzler).

Let's add some other opponent synopsis to try and figure out whether this will (finally) be the Addazio swan song, or whether he again proves his coaching genius by staking another 6-6 record to his resume in Year 5, with all his players.

There is no reason (aside from Daz's mismanagement) that BC can't be competitive with VT on an annual basis. Unlike Clemson, Louisville, and FSU there isn't the same extreme talent gap. This game should always be closer to a toss-up than to a blow-out. Of course, Daz has BC existing in a different reality...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:35 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Virginia Tech

There is no reason (aside from Daz's mismanagement) that BC can't be competitive with VT on an annual basis. Unlike Clemson, Louisville, and FSU there isn't the same extreme talent gap. This game should always be closer to a toss-up than to a blow-out. Of course, Daz has BC existing in a different reality...

VA hs football > MA hs football

Actually, Hampton roads hs football > MA hs football for that matter

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:02 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Virginia Tech

VA hs football > MA hs football

Actually, Hampton roads hs football > MA hs football for that matter

Hansen's point was the missing piece. I thought the same thing about VT's recruiting/talent advantages in Va.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagletx on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:17 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Virginia Tech

If we can disregard coaching, administrative support, recent history, recruit perceptions, recruiting territory, and fan support, there is no reason why BC and VT shouldn't be on an equal footing year in and year out.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:32 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Virginia Tech

If we can disregard coaching, administrative support, recent history, recruit perceptions, recruiting territory, and fan support, there is no reason why BC and VT shouldn't be on an equal footing year in and year out.

Clemson's and FSU's recruiting are approximately 50% 4* athletes and Louisville is close to 40% 4* athletes. That's an extreme talent gap with BC and makes it hard for BC to even be competitive with those three.

By comparison, VT's recruiting is 85% 3* athletes. I'm not saying there isn't a gap in recruiting talent, I'm just saying it's not as drastic. Both programs are generally developmental programs and as such there is no reason that BC shouldn't be competitive with VT every year. I'm not saying it should be a 50% game every year. And I'm not saying we should beat them every year. But it should definitely be winnable in a way that Clemson and FSU especially have become unwinnable.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:53 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Virginia Tech

I'm not saying this is a dumb post but I'm saying it really is.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:54 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Virginia Tech

i agree with the sentiment that we should not be losing to vpi 49-0 ever.

other than that, this is a 3rd-place-worst-poster-wally special
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:18 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Virginia Tech

3rd-Place-Worst-Poster-Wally, a.k.a All Time Pick'Em Champion Wally!!!

:chewbanka :dildodog :chewbanka :dildodog :chewbanka
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:21 pm

7 true home games would be fucking nice for once, Bradley
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:27 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:7 true home games would be fucking nice for once, Bradley

You have 6 and a game at Fenway. Stop complaining
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:07 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Virginia Tech

I actually agree with wally. VPI rarely out talents BC the way that Clemson and FSU have done. Louisville, let's see if they can sustain it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I actually agree with wally. VPI rarely out talents BC the way that Clemson and FSU have done. Louisville, let's see if they can sustain it.

I actually think I'm going to go ahead and disagree with myself actually. I just looked at the BC-VT matchup and realized that we've played them almost every year since 1993 and we're currently 8-17, with VT winning 7 of the last 9. Eek.

In other fun matchup news:
- 6 game losing streak vs. Clemson
- 7 game losing streak vs. FSU
- 4 game losing streak vs. Louisville

How do you even think about competing for an ACC Championship, like Daz always claims is his goal, with such losing streaks against 3 other teams in the division. Pathetic.

Gotta break some streaks in 2017...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:21 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Except tickets will be hard to come by and you can't tailgate.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:26 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

So what's going to be your excuse for wandering in at the end of the first quarter like all the other crappy BC fans?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:23 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

So what's going to be your excuse for wandering in at the end of the first quarter like all the other crappy BC fans?

None. I'm being selfish. I want another tailgate to actually get a mild bang for my bucks.

I won't wander in because I am a fan that doesn't care to watch a shitty product put on by a program/university that does not wish to improve from that shitty product. I was spoiled when during my 4 years in that we didn't suck and it set certain expectations in my head. Mainly that we don't suck and that we shouldn't make excuses for why we suck. Unfortunately, I have not seen any reason to believe those first 3 years were not an anomaly, exception being the first Spaz year, which was very much a sign of things to come as the bullshit Wake Forest win with Riley Skinner fumbling off his Skinner would tell us. Therefore, I will only support BC football with the faintest of praise until I see them not actively strive for mediocrity. I will cheer for BC and never cheer for them to tank because I am not a piece of shit, but that is significantly different than supporting them.

Thankfully I have found a way to not buy season tickets and still support areas of the school that I care about. If I start seeing BC give a commitment to the football team, I will start supporting them more with my money, namely through actually buying season tickets and watching the games. Until then, they can go fuck themselves and I will use my Saturdays as a way to catch up with old friends. Given I do not have the front tail of an 81 or Angry Dick, I can only voice my dissonance in so many ways that can be actually effective. This is how I choose to do it. Maybe this changes as my front tail grows larger but, until then, you can go try and fail to fuck yourself with your micropenis. Congratulations, you are a consultant, so outside of hating your life and your wife loving the free time for her extramarital affairs as you try and fail to hit on Spirit stewardesses, you think you know everything about every industry and organization you work with, only everyone talks shit behind your back and your final deck gathers dust on a hard drive somewhere.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:37 am

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:53 am

"your final deck gathers dust on a hard drive somewhere"

Huh?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:04 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

ND Yukon is not. No one is paying $500 for a ticket for this tilt.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:07 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

no snark but do you think tickets will be hard to come by for this one?

my guess is any season ticket holder will have zero problem getting tickets for this
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:17 am

hansen {l Wrote}:"your final deck gathers dust on a hard drive somewhere"

Huh?

Yea this part was the only good part about that post because it's true.

Management consulting is a dreadful profession of which I will be leaving soon
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:18 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

None. I'm being selfish. I want another tailgate to actually get a mild bang for my bucks.

I won't wander in because I am a fan that doesn't care to watch a shitty product put on by a program/university that does not wish to improve from that shitty product. I was spoiled when during my 4 years in that we didn't suck and it set certain expectations in my head. Mainly that we don't suck and that we shouldn't make excuses for why we suck. Unfortunately, I have not seen any reason to believe those first 3 years were not an anomaly, exception being the first Spaz year, which was very much a sign of things to come as the bullshit Wake Forest win with Riley Skinner fumbling off his Skinner would tell us. Therefore, I will only support BC football with the faintest of praise until I see them not actively strive for mediocrity. I will cheer for BC and never cheer for them to tank because I am not a piece of shit, but that is significantly different than supporting them.

Thankfully I have found a way to not buy season tickets and still support areas of the school that I care about. If I start seeing BC give a commitment to the football team, I will start supporting them more with my money, namely through actually buying season tickets and watching the games. Until then, they can go fuck themselves and I will use my Saturdays as a way to catch up with old friends. Given I do not have the front tail of an 81 or Angry Dick, I can only voice my dissonance in so many ways that can be actually effective. This is how I choose to do it. Maybe this changes as my front tail grows larger but, until then, you can go try and fail to fuck yourself with your micropenis. Congratulations, you are a consultant, so outside of hating your life and your wife loving the free time for her extramarital affairs as you try and fail to hit on Spirit stewardesses, you think you know everything about every industry and organization you work with, only everyone talks shit behind your back and your final deck gathers dust on a hard drive somewhere.

So shitty fair-weather BC fan. Got it
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:20 am

hansen {l Wrote}:"your final deck gathers dust on a hard drive somewhere"

Huh?

after you spend all of a company's money you give them a final deliverable, or "slide deck" that's full of buzzwords and common sense made to sound insightful. the company then ignores all your weeks/months of "hard" work and goes back to doing things the way they always have
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium