NFL Playoffs Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:33 am

Sloppy game, but I'll take the win
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18243
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: 11

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:55 am

kudos to the texans d, played better than i thought they would. still never got a sense that they had a shot. not breaking ground here but brock is atrocious. bottom what 30% of the starters?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19055
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3212

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:35 pm

claver2010 wrote:kudos to the texans d, played better than i thought they would. still never got a sense that they had a shot. not breaking ground here but brock is atrocious. bottom what 30% of the starters?


Brock is not very good, not at all...

We are very fortunate to have so many "elite" level QB's remaining in the playoffs. That seems the be the recipe to win playoff games and Superbowl, you simply must have an elite QB. Obviously, Tom Brady is the best of the best, the best that has ever been. Matty Ice, he is also elite. If Green Bay pulls it out today, that is another elite QB. I don't like Roethlisberger but two Superbowls makes him elite. Alex Smith, I remember Utah going 13-0 and they should have played USC for the national championship that year (and not Oklahoma or Auburn) he "might" be elite (if not elite, certainly very good.)
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18243
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: 11

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:38 pm

while we could argue all day about which of the playoff qbs are elite, we can all agree they have PRIDE
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 11th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20937
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5784

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby angrychicken on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:43 pm

innocentbystander wrote:That seems the be the recipe to win playoff games and Superbowl, you simply must have an elite QB.

This is incorrect.
User avatar
angrychicken
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16431
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:39 pm
Karma: 15705

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:16 pm

angrychicken wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:That seems the be the recipe to win playoff games and Superbowl, you simply must have an elite QB.

This is incorrect.


There are exceptions to the rule Chickenman, I'll concede that. Brock won a playoff game last week. Trent Dilfer even won a Superbowl ring. And there may be a few others, this is Superbowl 50. I'm sure if you and I spent the time looking at all the Bowls and playoff games, there would be quite a few wins with teams that did not have an elite QB at the helm. But as a general rule, I would say that if you want to win in the playoffs, you need an exceptional QB.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18243
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: 11

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby angrychicken on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:55 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
angrychicken wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:That seems the be the recipe to win playoff games and Superbowl, you simply must have an elite QB.

This is incorrect.


There are exceptions to the rule Chickenman, I'll concede that. Brock won a playoff game last week. Trent Dilfer even won a Superbowl ring. And there may be a few others, this is Superbowl 50. I'm sure if you and I spent the time looking at all the Bowls and playoff games, there would be quite a few wins with teams that did not have an elite QB at the helm. But as a general rule, I would say that if you want to win in the playoffs, you need an exceptional QB.

I disagree.
User avatar
angrychicken
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16431
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:39 pm
Karma: 15705

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:27 pm

angrychicken wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
angrychicken wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:That seems the be the recipe to win playoff games and Superbowl, you simply must have an elite QB.

This is incorrect.


There are exceptions to the rule Chickenman, I'll concede that. Brock won a playoff game last week. Trent Dilfer even won a Superbowl ring. And there may be a few others, this is Superbowl 50. I'm sure if you and I spent the time looking at all the Bowls and playoff games, there would be quite a few wins with teams that did not have an elite QB at the helm. But as a general rule, I would say that if you want to win in the playoffs, you need an exceptional QB.

I disagree.


Okay. Its all good.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18243
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: 11

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:28 pm

this is Super Bowl 51.
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 11th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20937
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5784

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:38 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
claver2010 wrote:kudos to the texans d, played better than i thought they would. still never got a sense that they had a shot. not breaking ground here but brock is atrocious. bottom what 30% of the starters?


Brock is not very good, not at all...

We are very fortunate to have so many "elite" level QB's remaining in the playoffs. That seems the be the recipe to win playoff games and Superbowl, you simply must have an elite QB. Obviously, Tom Brady is the best of the best, the best that has ever been. Matty Ice, he is also elite. If Green Bay pulls it out today, that is another elite QB. I don't like Roethlisberger but two Superbowls makes him elite. Alex Smith, I remember Utah going 13-0 and they should have played USC for the national championship that year (and not Oklahoma or Auburn) he "might" be elite (if not elite, certainly very good.)


is joe flacco a elite qb?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19055
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3212

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby bcshater on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:12 pm

WOW, what a game. Packers vs. Cowboys. Thought when Rodgers got sacked the Packers would just run out the clock and take their chances in OT. Great catch by Cook keeping both feet in-bounds to set up the game winning FG. If the Patriots make it to the SB they will have a hard time with either the Falcons or the Packers.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 987
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:50 pm
Karma: -22

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:53 pm

jhiggi02 wrote:Aaron Rodgers is really freakin good. He will make it tough on the pats d, especially w/ Nelson back...

Sleeping on the Falcons? They looked really good ib both sides of the ball. I don't think GB can stop their offense.
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1650

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby BC923 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:16 pm

GB/ATL will be more exciting than the super bowl
BC923
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3425
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Karma: 452

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:47 pm

BC923 wrote:GB/ATL will be more exciting than the super bowl


Yes. Neither of those two teams is beating the Pats. NFC was always seriously overrated.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32670
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2455

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:03 am

Neither play defense either. Not that the Pats really do but more so than those guys.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5666
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: -15

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:27 am

The teams that had the best chance to beat the Patriots were the Cowboys, the Raiders with Derek Carr and the Chiefs. The first two because they could keep pace offensively... the third because their D is elite (and elite Ds have frustrated Brady in the past causing him to force mistakes). I think that the Pats would've been favorites in each of those games, but those 3 teams could beat them. Pitt, GB and ATL have no chance... even if you combined them into one team. Each are thoroughly flawed teams riding elite QBs. I'd take the Pats as a double digit favorite against each of them.
This post was made by Corporal Funishment who is currently on your ignore list.
User avatar
HJS
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15435
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 472

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby mod6A on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:36 am

The ATL offense will set the pace.

The d can get just enough stops/TOs/bounces to make it work. ATL is much improved on that side of the ball compared to previous teams.



:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
User avatar
mod6A
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3144
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 am
Karma: 439

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby eagletx on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:38 am

Was never a big patriots fan, but have no problem with Brady giving a middle finger to the NFL chieftans this season.The NFL is a real joke with their administration of disciplinary issues...Mike Tomlin is a whiny little bitch, and I hope the Pats put a nasty slap down on the Steelers. First thing Tomlin spouts about is the advantage given NE by having an extra day and a half....nothing like creating an excuse right out of the gate.

Then hoping Matty Ice wins a ring after all is said and done.
eagletx
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 pm
Karma: -225

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Want #MattVP to win the SB.
On a carpeted Senate floor
We heard a loud voice wailing:
"Ashli they have taken ye away!"
cuz when you hit the Senate floor
Your complaints heard never more
Now Ashli lies there dying on the floooor

LOWWWWWWWW LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1989
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -353

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:51 pm

jhiggi02 wrote:
DuchesneEast wrote:
jhiggi02 wrote:Aaron Rodgers is really freakin good. He will make it tough on the pats d, especially w/ Nelson back...

Sleeping on the Falcons? They looked really good ib both sides of the ball. I don't think GB can stop their offense.


Maybe.

Matty ICE is a really good qb and has much better weapons at his disposal than Rodgers. That said, Rodgers is the better qb and has been on fire the past 8 games. That in conjunction with both of their defenses not being able to stop anyone leads me to believe the Packers win, although I will be rooting for the Falcons.


Ryan was still in high school when Brady won his first Superbowl ring. I'd like to see Atlanta play the Patriots for the big one. I was hoping that would have happened 4 years ago but two head coaching brothers had other plans.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18243
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: 11

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:58 am

This post was made by Corporal Funishment who is currently on your ignore list.
User avatar
HJS
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15435
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 472

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:57 pm

Matty Ice off to a strong start.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8936
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 187

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:41 pm

discount double check what time the game starts, because Green Bay offense has not showed up yet
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 11th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20937
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5784

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:46 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:discount double check what time the game starts, because Green Bay offense has not showed up yet


Damn that's happened twice this weekend then.

AJ Turner thought the game yesterday started at 4 pm.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16861
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:59 pm

If Matty keeps this up, he's going to be wearing a ring in two weeks. Wow.
User avatar
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3214
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:10 am
Location: RUGBYLUVR69
Karma: 2461

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Reverend Mike wrote:If Matty keeps this up, he's going to be wearing a ring in two weeks. Wow.

He and Bloggo are finally making it official?
Image
User avatar
Onyx Blackman
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2967
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:37 am
Karma: 2966

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Reverend Mike wrote:If Matty keeps this up, he's going to be wearing a ring in two weeks. Wow.


With all of their injuries, it is remarkable that the Packers have made it this far. Their RB wears #88!
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8936
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 187

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:03 pm

Congrats to Matty Ice.
User avatar
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4407
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 155

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby Iggle on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:15 pm

There's been, what, 1 good and 2 decent playoff games so far?
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:33 pm
Karma: 126

Re: NFL Playoffs Thread

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Onyx Blackman wrote:
Reverend Mike wrote:If Matty keeps this up, he's going to be wearing a ring in two weeks. Wow.

He and Bloggo are finally making it official?

:whammy
User avatar
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3214
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:10 am
Location: RUGBYLUVR69
Karma: 2461

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Logitano and 14 guests

Untitled document