Do we invite the trolls?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Do we invite the trolls?

Postby angrychicken on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:35 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:I missed the temporary home. The only gimmick identity I had was InnocentDungeonMaster and I had already taken it as far as it could go. And each post required research into parts of the Internet I wish I had never seen.

The research required for the early posts of BCNathanLane and BudCollins burned me out. If they were still around, you would see that everyone involved in the posts were somehow linked to the time and place of the event.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:35 pm

The alias index would be a good time capsule from the glory days of EI (the Chevy Era, as historians refer to it). Nothing's been stated, but I feel like save for a few timeless classics (OC, Lanie, Bud, Steven Hale), alot of the aliases will remain in the past. I only had one that people liked, so this shouldn't be problem for me.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:42 pm

BudCollins, NathanLane, and Campion's mayor were my favorites.

After writing InnocentDungeonMaster I got stuck in traffic in downtown Baltimore that turned out to later be related to something called Otakon. I had never heard of it and couldnt make out what it was, so I googled it when I got home.

I dare you to type Otakon into picasaweb.google.com or flickr, and then imagine these people walking around 100 degree weather in downtown Ballmer next to crack whores, teen drug dealers, and purple-camoed Mad-Max-extra Ravens fans on break from jury duty.

Perhaps the imposters will rise again someday.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:46 pm

talon
Cushing Hall

Postby BudCollins on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:48 pm

Aren't those 2 in the quarters at Little Artie Ashe Stadium?
BudCollins
n00b

Postby AdamBC on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:48 pm

Baltimore is a pretty scary place. You can be walking through an area with beautiful modern buildings. You walk a block over and you expect a few structure fires and pimps walking the street.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby eagleman99 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:51 pm

Is there any chance we can get a link to the TOB dancing to the Scissor Sisters song? That might be my all time favorite post.

Also, to end my first post here, f zman.
eagleman99
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:51 pm

That and Micheal's stick up crew just pops in outta nowhere.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby billyshelby on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:53 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:BudCollins, NathanLane, and Campion's mayor were my favorites.

After writing InnocentDungeonMaster I got stuck in traffic in downtown Baltimore that turned out to later be related to something called Otakon. I had never heard of it and couldnt make out what it was, so I googled it when I got home.

I dare you to type Otakon into picasaweb.google.com or flickr, and then imagine these people walking around 100 degree weather in downtown Ballmer next to crack whores, teen drug dealers, and purple-camoed Mad-Max-extra Ravens fans on break from jury duty.

Bud Collins, also one of my favorites, was at least OB's idea. I remember he posted that Collins should be horrifically offensive RIGHT BEFORE BC showed up and became what he is. He might not be the actual guy. But when it goes down in history, it should be "Story By Onyx Blackman" and "Screenplay By X" Based on what I've seen, OB would never admit to an alias, but I'll bet he's responsible for more than a few of the really good ones.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:59 pm

Of all the Nathans/Hales, campion's HaleToTheVictorers was the best. Especially when there was a Hale invasion of the Boise State board. Didn't he win Hale of the Year?
94, thanks for the motivation!
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:01 pm

BCHaleBopp was the best hale.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:02 pm

billyshelby {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:BudCollins, NathanLane, and Campion's mayor were my favorites.

Bud Collins, also one of my favorites, was at least OB's idea. I remember he posted that Collins should be horrifically offensive RIGHT BEFORE BC showed up and became what he is. He might not be the actual guy. But when it goes down in history, it should be "Story By Onyx Blackman" and "Screenplay By X" Based on what I've seen, OB would never admit to an alias, but I'll bet he's responsible for more than a few of the really good ones.

Um...I've already admitted to being Bud. I agree with you that OB was the first to say that Bud should be an alias. It seems as if OB and I think on the same wavelength, as I was creating Bud when he was posting that. I finished registration and went back to the board to see that he said that and demanded of myself that it had to be good. OB is a good man. I can say that because he is a BC Guy.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:08 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:Baltimore is a pretty scary place. You can be walking through an area with beautiful modern buildings. You walk a block over and you expect a few structure fires and pimps walking the street.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... 5389.story

Type in 2300 e oliver baltimore md to maps.google.com and then click the streetview. Rotate around a bit and note that maybe one or two of the houses on the whole block isn't boarded up.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:11 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:Baltimore is a pretty scary place. You can be walking through an area with beautiful modern buildings. You walk a block over and you expect a few structure fires and pimps walking the street.

Type in 2300 e oliver baltimore md to maps.google.com and then click the streetview. Rotate around a bit and note that maybe one or two of the houses on the whole block isn't boarded up.

Holy shit, it's Hamsterdam!
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby billyshelby on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:11 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
billyshelby {l Wrote}:

Um...I've already admitted to being Bud. I agree with you that OB was the first to say that Bud should be an alias. It seems as if OB and I think on the same wavelength, as I was creating Bud when he was posting that. I finished registration and went back to the board to see that he said that and demanded of myself that it had to be good. OB is a good man. I can say that because he is a BC Guy.

I didn't realize you ever admitted it. I admit to not having read every single post in the history of EI. As I think I Implied, both the idea and execution of it were great. So who gets the Hollywood credit for thinking it up is meaningless. You get the credit for pulling it off. Well done. And bring it back.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:14 pm

Who thought that CarterFinleyHitSquad was real (well, at least an RCC fan) until I had to kill him off?

I now know too much about Wake County, NC geographic locations--especially lakes and reservoirs.
Last edited by 15Radnor on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:16 pm

15Radnor {l Wrote}:Who thought that CarterFinleyHitSquad was real (well, at least an RCC fan) until I had to kill him off?

I did. I thought he really would have shot TRE in the CF parking lot too. Nicely done. :toby
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:17 pm

talon {l Wrote}:BCHaleBopp was the best hale.

I'm so proud. I'm glad someone appreciated that.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:21 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Wow. I could have sworn Talon was Marshall Applewhite's vehicle.
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:21 pm

billyshelby {l Wrote}:I didn't realize you ever admitted it. I admit to not having read every single post in the history of EI. As I think I Implied, both the idea and execution of it were great. So who gets the Hollywood credit for thinking it up is meaningless. You get the credit for pulling it off. Well done. And bring it back.

Haha. I admitted it again 8 posts above yours. No worries. It's all good here on EO. By the way, OnyxBlackman is in my top 3 favorite posters, so I would never disrespect him. :ginger
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:23 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

I even created BCMmmBop as a tribute.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:40 pm

There is a lot of strangely hot strange in those Okaton pictures.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:58 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
billyshelby {l Wrote}:I didn't realize you ever admitted it. I admit to not having read every single post in the history of EI. As I think I Implied, both the idea and execution of it were great. So who gets the Hollywood credit for thinking it up is meaningless. You get the credit for pulling it off. Well done. And bring it back.

Haha. I admitted it again 8 posts above yours. No worries. It's all good here on EO. By the way, OnyxBlackman is in my top 3 favorite posters, so I would never disrespect him. :ginger

And of course, we all remember when I admitted that OB is an alias of mine...
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby apbc12 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:04 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

I read an interview of David Simon once in which he said the mayor of Baltimore got really pissed about how the city was portrayed on the show, and decided to stop their shooting permits going forward. He quickly changed his mind when Simon pointed out that they would still make the show and it will still be set in Baltimore, but Baltimore wouldn't get any money out of it because they would shoot it in Philadelphia instead. David Simon wins again.

By the way, Treme debuts next year. Even though Steve Zahn is in it, it should be awesome.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:22 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

Why not just level the entire area and make a parking lot.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby talon on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:24 am

I remember getting lost in Baltimore once. I decided that instead of stopping and pulling out a map, I'd just run as many red lights as possible, hoping to get pulled over by the cops.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:34 am

My brother lived in Ballmer for a few years. He was in a beautiful, completely posh building with concierge service, a pool, a gym, and all that. Think of The American Gardens building in American Psycho. About a block away from his place was a strip joint that could have easily been the inspiration for Orlando's Gentleman's Club from The Wire. Go another block in that direction and you'd come to a lot full of boarded up crack houses.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:46 am

I would like to point out that I was on EI a year before bummer arrived, so he is actually my alias. I only had one other alias: BCValeriBure. It was pretty lame, lasted about three posts and had no reason to exist after Steven Hale was banned.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:47 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:I would like to point out that I was on EI a year before bummer arrived, so he is actually my alias. I only had one other alias: BCValeriBure. It was pretty lame, lasted about three posts and had no reason to exist after Steven Hale was banned.

Creating you as my alias a full year before I actually signed up for the site was a stroke of genius on my part, matched only by Talon creating NotreDame44 and paying and posting for a full three years on Irish Eyes before debuting him on EI.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby ObserverCollege on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:02 am

I see I have been welcomed. Now that things have moved forward, I figure I should let you know what happened in a "know your place" type of thought. Obviously I hate Boston College, but my good friend "Z" asked me to help him with a special project that involved you people. You clearly hold no respect for all that is good and just in college football:

* holding hostage the #2 place in the rankings;
    * hyping 3-star recruits into Top-3 draft picks (e.g. "Ryan for Heisman"--egads!;
    * using the Internets to "disprove" Justin Tuck's testimony that your people threw snowballs at him; and
    * crowing as if you "beat" Notre Dame last year when you know full well we lost on purpose so we could get to the Hawaii Bowl and reel in one Mr. Manti Te'o.

So, you can imagine when Z asked me to meet him at the Chuck E. Cheese in Richmond as he drove up from the Eastern Seaboard from Charlottesville, I was more than happy to oblige. There was a high school combine going on there that weekend,including the best 8th grade prospects in the Mid-Atlantic(!!!), so the timing worked out well. Due to Internets issues, this needed to stay on the "Down Low", so to speak--thus the in-person meeting. So we met for pizza and TecmoBowl at Chuck E. Cheese and plotted your downfall.

"Z" and I agreed that TOB's treatment at Fredo was reprehensible. To imagine that he recovered from a GAMBLING scandal and installed a reasonable ceiling on BC where you knew your place, and this is how he gets treated!? By being hassled about 2004, when we all know (including the authorities in Bristol FWIW) that schools like Boston College do not belong in the BCS? Reprehensible.

So I advised him to go after the Fifth Column, those people who make BC feel all uppity. Work your way into their forum. Install a "bad guy" as moderator, and get them riled up. Then install a "good guy" to reverse some of the changes, but like the "Visitors", slowly permeate their body by shutting down people from being able to respond to your moves (the "read-only" action). You people get frustrated, and run off.

Thus, we both win. Z adds another component to his Internets pseudo-media empire, and I get to see the Voice of Boston College destroyed.

It doesn't make up for the disappointment of Ron not (officially) winning the two Heismans, but you have to find joy however it may come.
Shake down the Thunder!!!
ObserverCollege
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium