Unofficial other bowl games thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Unofficial other bowl games thread

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:42 pm

Billy Gomila ‏@ATVS_ChefBilly 15h15 hours ago
@HollyAnderson Addazio dips but there's no way he spits

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 16h16 hours ago
Addazio called that play during the break.

FricosisGuy ‏@FricosisGuy
@NEPD_Loyko: Meanwhile at his day job, Addazio hides the fact that he's not an idiot.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:46 pm

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... e-football
Dabo talking up the ACC.

BTW... one incredible stat I heard last night... this year, Clemson beat the last 7 National Champs.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:58 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18444810/clemson-tigers-coach-dabo-swinney-declares-acc-best-conference-college-football
Dabo talking up the ACC.

BTW... one incredible stat I heard last night... this year, Clemson beat the last 7 National Champs.

that is incredible. what makes the incredible, credible, is that 4 of the 7 are the same team.....
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:43 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:They took head shots at Watson and Williams. I don't think that it was a coincidence that it was Clemson's two best players.

no question they were going after both of them, especially deshaun. apparently not all helmet to helmets are targeting? not sure if that's the case but if it's not they both should've been tossed

the last td wasn't a pick play at

I believe in college targeting requires either lowering you head and leading with the crown of your helmet or "launching" yourself at a players upper body/head.

That said, college still has a separate shot to the head penalty that could've been called.

Right. On the first head shot, the expert rules guy that ESPN brought in made mention that he thought it was ok because it wasn't the crown of the helmet that was used, as the Bama player changed the angle slightly to destroy the Clemson player with a different part of his helmet instead. Maybe he was right by the rules but it didn't make any sense to me. :shrug
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:46 pm

daz was very impressive during the broadcast. i hope no one steals him from us. extension?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:52 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:daz was very impressive during the broadcast. i hope no one steals him from us. extension?

i hear he's planning to use this success in sweeping the nation's toastmaster events, racking up more trophies than a church microsoccer league
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Iggle on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:04 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:daz was very impressive during the broadcast. i hope no one steals him from us. extension?

i hear he's planning to use this success in sweeping the nation's toastmaster events, racking up more trophies than a church microsoccer league

do they give out giant heinz bottles as trophies now?
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:47 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:It also seemed like Alabama got away with a lot of offensive holdings...

General consensus seems to be that Big 12 refs suck. Though I wouldn't have the courage to say it to their faces. Big men.

Update the Lambert rankings, TYRANT!!!!!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium