Landry NFL

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Landry NFL

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:22 pm

According to Tony Pauline teammates are telling sources he is going to declare.

His interview in the trophy celebration was awesome if you haven't seen it.

Wish he'd come back, but seems like a great kid and a great team player, gave credit to every member of the DL.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Landry NFL

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:According to Tony Pauline teammates are telling sources he is going to declare.

His interview in the trophy celebration was awesome if you haven't seen it.

Wish he'd come back, but seems like a great kid and a great team player, gave credit to every member of the DL.

Who then fuck is Tony Pauline?

Hope he stays but if he's a 1st round pick then he's got to declare.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby xu9697 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:48 am

I truly think Wyatt and Allen are ready to step it up a notch next year @ DE. I also have high hopes for Morais based on size, background, etc.

Obviously the preference would be to keep Landry here, but BC and Daz could really use the good pub from a 1st/2nd round type player right now.
xu9697
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:08 pm

xu9697 {l Wrote}:I truly think Wyatt and Allen are ready to step it up a notch next year @ DE. I also have high hopes for Morais based on size, background, etc.

Obviously the preference would be to keep Landry here, but BC and Daz could really use the good pub from a 1st/2nd round type player right now.

Totally agree here. I would love to have Landry back next season obviously, but if he can get a round 1 evaluation, then go for it. That's the purpose of going to college right, getting a job. But Allen and Ray will be great. My concern is at DT. This isn't getting enough attention I think, but we have been very fortunate regarding injuries to our DTs. If someone goes down, we have a big hole there. Merritt did look great in that bowl game but I haven't seen anyone play there besides him and Smith for next season.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:31 pm

Doubt Landry would go in the first round. If he isn't confident of being picked in the first or second rounds, he absolutely should not declare.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:36 pm

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:Doubt Landry would go in the first round. If he isn't confident of being picked in the first or second rounds, he absolutely should not declare.

Agreed. Play one more year Landy. If you are getting at least a million bux signing bonus, give college another year and get your degree.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:07 am

Darius Wade is on his way out as well and will be transferring. 3 freshman qbs with fadule is what its looking like going into spring ball.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:09 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Darius Wade is on his way out as well and will be transferring. 3 freshman qbs with fadule is what its looking like going into spring ball.

Can't say I'm surprised about Wade. Here's hoping Brown can stay healthy.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:57 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:Darius Wade is on his way out as well and will be transferring. 3 freshman qbs with fadule is what its looking like going into spring ball.

I actually don't care. Wade has never impressed. His throws are not what I would describe as accurate. He's mobile, but not what I would describe as fast. If he can't beat out a terrible Towles, then I don't think he'd be destined to win many games at BC. (N.B. This isn't meant as a slight on Wade. Kid could be incredible. Just my thought that it wasn't going to happen under Daz. Good luck to the kid. Hope he gets his diploma).

As for the "would've been great for depth"... again who cares. If Anthony Brown is the second coming of Boyd/Watson/Jackson, then we will win a lot of games. If he is terrible or gets injured and we don't have any depth at the most important position in Year 5, then I don't think Daz makes it to Year 6.

The only negative I see with a Wade transfer is giving Daz a chance to bring in Shinskie 3.0 and have him (a) take snaps away from AB and (b) help the team win 6 games.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

2017 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:54 am

Source?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:36 am

i think landry's going to be a 1st rounder, it's all about getting to the qb and landry can come in and be a 3 down 4-3 DE. if he is, he should go. i just missed kiwi but how would you compare the two of them?

as for bc, zach allen is already up to 275, he can move inside. my guess is wyatt ray makes the huge jump off the edge next year.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BrightonEagle on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:25 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i think landry's going to be a 1st rounder, it's all about getting to the qb and landry can come in and be a 3 down 4-3 DE. if he is, he should go. i just missed kiwi but how would you compare the two of them?

as for bc, zach allen is already up to 275, he can move inside. my guess is wyatt ray makes the huge jump off the edge next year.

Landry is great but I don't think he's on the same level as kiwi was. He was dominant. I can't remember a defensive BC player taking over a game like he did against nc state in 2005.
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:14 am

Landry is a better pro prospect than kiwi. Part of that is the way the game is played; and part is that Landry is a better athlete.

Kiwi was more dominant in college.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:22 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i think landry's going to be a 1st rounder, it's all about getting to the qb and landry can come in and be a 3 down 4-3 DE. if he is, he should go. i just missed kiwi but how would you compare the two of them?

I did notice during the bowl game that allen did line up inside with ray and landry on the edges. He has been impressive.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Next Season

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:34 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:

I did notice during the bowl game that allen did line up inside with ray and landry on the edges. He has been impressive.

They did that all season on passing downs.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: Next Season

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:59 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:

They did that all season on passing downs.

had no idea that he bulked up, either. definitely one to watch for next season!
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Re: 2017 BC Football

Postby NJM89 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:41 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Source?

Not official but based on the 30 or so new coaches hes following on twitter from all over the country, i would assume hes on to something else. In the bowl game and towards the end of the year all the talk from the media was about AB waiting in the wings to take over. I think in the bowl game they said something like BC was thinking about burning his redshirt at some point in the season since QB play was so bad. We'll see I hope he stays.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Re: 2017 BC Football

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:04 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Source?

Not official but based on the 30 or so new coaches hes following on twitter from all over the country, i would assume hes on to something else. In the bowl game and towards the end of the year all the talk from the media was about AB waiting in the wings to take over. I think in the bowl game they said something like BC was thinking about burning his redshirt at some point in the season since QB play was so bad. We'll see I hope he stays.

1) Transfer now, sit out a year, two years of eligibility left, learn a new system, zero guarantee of starting anyway.

OR

2) Stay at BC for junior year, fight for the starting role having already learned the system with only a RS freshman as competition, be the guaranteed #2 guy worst case scenario, if still not starting, graduate and transfer as a 5th year.

ATL pointed this out, but I'm not sure option one is obviously better. If Wade can't earn the starting slot at BC, he's not going to land at anither P5. He's going to be scrapping for a G5 starting slot after sitting out a year. If that's the case might as well stay.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:22 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I actually don't care. Wade has never impressed. His throws are not what I would describe as accurate. He's mobile, but not what I would describe as fast. If he can't beat out a terrible Towles, then I don't think he'd be destined to win many games at BC. (N.B. This isn't meant as a slight on Wade. Kid could be incredible. Just my thought that it wasn't going to happen under Daz. Good luck to the kid. Hope he gets his diploma).

As for the "would've been great for depth"... again who cares. If Anthony Brown is the second coming of Boyd/Watson/Jackson, then we will win a lot of games. If he is terrible or gets injured and we don't have any depth at the most important position in Year 5, then I don't think Daz makes it to Year 6.

The only negative I see with a Wade transfer is giving Daz a chance to bring in Shinskie 3.0 and have him (a) take snaps away from AB and (b) help the team win 6 games.

Wade always looked good to me in the spring game. He is not fast at all but is very accurate.

I'll defer to the coaches who saw him every day.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:20 pm

Wade is very accurate. He's not a spread option qb, hjs is dumb.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:59 pm

sounds like he's coming back:

@McMurphyESPN
Boston College DE Harold Landry returning for senior season, source told @ESPN. Landry led country in sacks & forced fumbles. Huge for BC
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:14 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:sounds like he's coming back:

@McMurphyESPN
Boston College DE Harold Landry returning for senior season, source told @ESPN. Landry led country in sacks & forced fumbles. Huge for BC

I hope to God this is true.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:26 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

@McMurphyESPN

Because that makes it all the more likely that we make a bowl game and Daz returns for Year 6. Could an extension be on the horizon?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:35 pm

I can smell the 7-6 season already! And with such a young team!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:35 pm

Wouldn't surprise me. This kid has a good head on his shoulders.

This tweet from Nov 2015 told me all I needed to know.
https://twitter.com/HAROLDLANDRY2/statu ... 1684759555

Coming back would only confirm it. Would be interested to see him announce it himself and how he frames it. I would be willing to be it will be more about winning games and the team/program than it will be about him and draft status.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:51 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

@McMurphyESPN

Because that makes it all the more likely that we make a bowl game and Daz returns for Year 6. Could an extension be on the horizon?

Exactly. Hanse logic at its finest!!!

How can you two paint with a broad brush when we don't even know who will be making the next decision on the head coach. Is this nobody can be worse than Chris Crane logic?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:53 pm

i honestly think at this moment it is more likely that captain ketchup leaves to go to another school over the next three years than it is that he gets fired by us
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:13 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i honestly think at this moment it is more likely that captain ketchup leaves to go to another school over the next three years than it is that he gets fired by us

So long as Fr. Frank is the Prez and we have to pay Dazoo to leave... it is this.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:18 pm

If he's not going to be a first rounder in 2017, probably smart to stay and try to move into the first round in 2018.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:33 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

@McMurphyESPN

Exactly. Hanse logic at its finest!!!

How can you two paint with a broad brush when we don't even know who will be making the next decision on the head coach. Is this nobody can be worse than Chris Crane logic?

Rather than be subjected to a petulant, excuse making dingus oscillating this program between 3 and 7 wins due to the horrid product he roles out onto the field for the foreseeable future, it would be much better for the program to fire him and bring in someone new. Even if the new hire fails, BC could fire them and start the process over in a couple of years, which would be much better than potentially being stuck with Daz for 10 + years. And that is the real danger, that Daz makes it to the last year of his contract, has a cupcake schedule and eeks out 8 wins and a 3-4 year extension.

So to sum it up, he is a bad coach who has a low ceiling and will eventually be fired (I think we can all see that). Instead of sitting through this crap and having no hope of being competitive in the ACC for the next 3 years, which eventually ends in him getting canned anyway, the program should fire him and take a chance sooner rather than later.

And who would do the hiring? Presumably the new AD because Daz won't be fired this year. (In an ideal world, they would have fired Bates and Daz last year and the new AD would have made a hire). And yes, we can guess at how that new AD may handle the hire, but its very unlikely that anyone would have any real insight into the process beforehand, so its all really rolling the dice.

we did all this with tob. it's what got us to where we are now.

you'll have to forgive those of us that were already following the program in 2006 and know that you don't just fire somebody because anybody else has to be better. it can always ALWAYS get worse
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium