Official Quick Lane Bowl Gameday Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Quick Lane Bowl Gameday Thread

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:28 pm

I hear Daz is in the running for the SueConn job!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Iggle on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:33 pm

Yeah, that was incredibly frustrating of a second half to watch between the last few drives on offense and the horrible repeated DB breakdowns, but I'm glad the team won.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:36 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:holy hell that was frustrating. how do you go from the production of the first half to what we just sat thru in the 2h. i don't get it

With the exception of the last 2 possessions, the staff didn't turtle up in the 2nd half, Towles was just awful.

Landry also just eluded to coming back to BC in the post-game trophy presentations.

"I want to get back and keep ballin" or something like that.

8:45 mark during the trophy presentation on espn3
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:37 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:That was some of the worst coaching I've ever seen.

The game plan was good but in the in-game work was embarrassing

That's Daz's biggest problem.
He doesn't make in-game adjustments.

The game plans are generally pretty good.

The conservative calls and lack of in-game fixes are deadly though.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:04 pm

Good game for the Seniors. Well done.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:21 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:holy hell that was frustrating. how do you go from the production of the first half to what we just sat thru in the 2h. i don't get it

With the exception of the last 2 possessions, the staff didn't turtle up in the 2nd half, Towles was just awful.

Every generation of BC fans needs that pathetic guy that mindlessly screams "Put the backup [QB] in". Congratulations!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:23 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

As I mentioned during halftime... Daz would put an end to the offense by talking Loeffler at halftime.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:34 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Every generation of BC fans needs that pathetic guy that mindlessly screams "Put the backup [QB] in". Congratulations!

The announcers talking about how awesome Anthony Brown is and how they almost took his redshirt off... I think shows why Towles kept playing this year (and what they think of Wade).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:38 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The playcallimg wasn't any different in the second half. Our QB and partly the stupid WRs decided to run six yard patterns on third and eight over and over.

Towles is wildly inconsistent as proven by whatever that was today.

The last two possessions were an atrocity no argument there.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:48 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The playcallimg wasn't any different in the second half. Our QB and partly the stupid WRs decided to run six yard patterns on third and eight over and over.

Nice to see BC get all those sacks and all those turnovers though? We all watched the game. I give Maryland's offensive line an F-minus. The game would not have been close were it not for the HUGE Maryland plays (3 of them actually.) And they needed ALL of those 3 huge plays to even... be in the game.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:58 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
Iggle {l Wrote}:what a horrible penalty

Was that really a face mask? Couldn't see it from the angle they provided (cameramen have been terrible today).

It was but I don't think it was a personal foul variety.

All face masks are personal fouls.

Are they all 15 yds now?
I thought there used to be the 5 yard facemask and 15yd personal foul face mask (automatic 1st down).

The probably changed it while you were busy turning Japanese.

No, it turns out you are a dumbass and don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Sorry, there's still a 5 yard penalty in some high school leagues so it makes sense that you're more familiar with that rule.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:00 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The interception one was my favorite. 3rd and 11 and all but one pass catcher runs a route within three yards of the LOS.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:03 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The interception one was my favorite. 3rd and 11 and all but one pass catcher runs a route within three yards of the LOS.

The 6 yard slant on 3rd and 8 is literally my least favorite aspect of BC Football. We do it constantly.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:13 pm

Glad for the team, especially the seniors and the uber-loyal BC fans who were there.

Congrats to the front seven for saving the day at the end.

But Addazio is just awful -- for trying to rerun the end of the GT loss and for all the other dismal reasons catalogued here.

Congrats also to UCONN for cutting their losses and taking the financial hit. Would that the BC leadership were...
Last edited by Brooklyneagle on Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:49 pm

How many yards did we have in the second half versus the first?

How in the effing world can you say that the only difference between the two was QB throw-game performance??? I am so happy Towles is gone as he was only slightly better than Fadule/Flutie. But the second half was predictably called to maximize clock burning. We weren't exactly putting the players in a position to score points.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:19 pm

I do not understand why we run play action with towles. half the time he turns the wrong way (or the rb does) and the other half of the time the fake handoff is a half-assed formality -- like when two really high ranking nazis meet in private and they know they have to do the 'heil hitler' thing, but they just kinda short arm it to be able to say that they did it.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I do not understand why we run play action with towles. half the time he turns the wrong way (or the rb does) and the other half of the time the fake handoff is a half-assed formality -- like when two really high ranking nazis meet in private and they know they have to do the 'heil hitler' thing, but they just kinda short arm it to be able to say that they did it.

Don't have to worry about it anymore
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:26 pm

When Addazio and Loffler put their heads together to devise offensive strategy, the result is similar to the sound made by the percussionist in an islander band who bangs two hollowed out coconuts together.

We have much to worry about so long as our brain trust includes the Lord of the Fries
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:32 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:When Addazio and Loffler put their heads together to devise offensive strategy, the result is similar to the sound made by the percussionist in an islander band who bangs two hollowed out coconuts together.

We have much to worry about so long as our brain trust includes the Lord of the Fries

They did score 36 points today, as bad as that second half was.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:12 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:When Addazio and Loffler put their heads together to devise offensive strategy, the result is similar to the sound made by the percussionist in an islander band who bangs two hollowed out coconuts together.

They did score 36 points today, as bad as that second half was.

23 of them were on drives that started inside the 50 or scored by the D. The offense wasn't very good if the didn't have a short field.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:25 am

Well said Rev Mike, well said! Towels is the worst play action QB I have seen in a long time. All Eagle Eyes turn to spring ball and Anthony Brown.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:43 am

those two final drives were perfect daz:

1st and 10 at BC 2: Jon Hilliman run for 3 yds to the BC 5
2nd and 7 at BC 5: Jon Hilliman run for no gain to the BC 5
3rd and 7 at BC 5: Jon Hilliman run for 1 yd to the BC 5 Jon Hilliman fumbled, forced by TEAM, recovered by Mary Azubuike Ukandu

1st and 10 at BC 31: Jon Hilliman run for 2 yds to the BC 33
2nd and 8 at BC 33: Jon Hilliman run for 4 yds to the BC 37
3rd and 4 at BC 37: Jon Hilliman run for a loss of 1 yard to the BC 36
4th and 5 at BC 36: Mike Knoll punt for 39 yds

in the first half the OL was as impressive in the run game against a P5 team in the last 2 years, amazing what a little variety and not jamming as many TEs & OLs into the game will do for you

landry was amazing but we saw the depth of the DL between Allen, Merrit, Ray, etc.

wtf happened to knoll? kudos to him for taking on all 3 responsibilities but let's please find a punter for next year
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:47 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The announcers talking about how awesome Anthony Brown is and how they almost took his redshirt off... I think shows why Towles kept playing this year (and what they think of Wade).

The staff & Yawkee have been telling this to people privately for a while.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:05 am

also huge kudos to yiadom for that tackle of 4th down, that guy would've still been running
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:07 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I do not understand why we run play action with towles. half the time he turns the wrong way (or the rb does) and the other half of the time the fake handoff is a half-assed formality -- like when two really high ranking nazis meet in private and they know they have to do the 'heil hitler' thing, but they just kinda short arm it to be able to say that they did it.

He so consistently waves his arm (without the ball) to a phantom RB that I wonder if it is by design.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:34 am

HJS nailed his half time prediction. It was like someone kidnapped Daz for the first half, then dropped him off in the locker room.

The first half shows what happens when the coaches play to win and that we do have talent here and there to work with.

We're stuck with this ahole for a while now. Happy for the kids. Long-term prospects for the program will be mediocre at best.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby BCdee on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:31 am

Beeski {l Wrote}:Congrats BC:
- winning season
- bowl game
- bowl win
- beating the jerks that left the ACC

A GT fan that was impressed with your team and fans in Ireland.

Thank you!! Very happy we finally won a bowl game again! :angrychicken
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:34 pm

It was fun to watch . . . at least in the first half. The defense was something to watch at the end of the game as well. I'll take the win. Here's hoping for a better 2017 season.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:40 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:It was fun to watch . . . at least in the first half. The defense was something to watch at the end of the game as well. I'll take the win. Here's hoping for a better 2017 season.

One of my favorites plays yesterday was the final Maryland play on 4th down. Daz's protege called a play that saw a fake handoff on 4th and 20 and involved a Tight End trying to block Landry.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:45 pm

What happened to Davon Jones? Seems like he didn't play yesterday.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium