Official Quick Lane Bowl Gameday Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Quick Lane Bowl Gameday Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:19 pm

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:What happened to Davon Jones? Seems like he didn't play yesterday.

Think it was just that Hilliman was running very well in the first half. How about Willis only getting 2 carries and why did Rouse get any?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:36 pm

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:What happened to Davon Jones? Seems like he didn't play yesterday.

He definitely got in for at least one play. The announcers explicitly called out the substitution when he entered the game.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:51 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:holy hell that was frustrating. how do you go from the production of the first half to what we just sat thru in the 2h. i don't get it

With the exception of the last 2 possessions, the staff didn't turtle up in the 2nd half, Towles was just awful.

Every generation of BC fans needs that pathetic guy that mindlessly screams "Put the backup [QB] in". Congratulations!

The playcallimg wasn't any different in the second half. Our QB and partly the stupid WRs decided to run six yard patterns on third and eight over and over.

Towles is wildly inconsistent as proven by whatever that was today.

The last two possessions were an atrocity no argument there.

The interception one was my favorite. 3rd and 11 and all but one pass catcher runs a route within three yards of the LOS.

The 6 yard slant on 3rd and 8 is literally my least favorite aspect of BC Football. We do it constantly.

Remember Jamal Burke? That was Deep Sea's calling card.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:53 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:holy hell that was frustrating. how do you go from the production of the first half to what we just sat thru in the 2h. i don't get it

With the exception of the last 2 possessions, the staff didn't turtle up in the 2nd half, Towles was just awful.

Every generation of BC fans needs that pathetic guy that mindlessly screams "Put the backup [QB] in". Congratulations!

The announcers talking about how awesome Anthony Brown is and how they almost took his redshirt off... I think shows why Towles kept playing this year (and what they think of Wade).

The staff & Yawkee have been telling this to people privately for a while.

And it's coming from a bunch of dipshits
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:27 pm

Any motherfxxker who watched that abortion of a game and is anything other than deeply depressed about the future of BC football should quit whatever you are doing and become a used golf club salesman. Here's what I learned: we suck a lot. Maryland sucks a lot as well, but at least appears to have coaching capable of making halftime adjustments. It is beyond putrid that we could win the turnover battle 4 to 1, sack Maryland's QB 8 times and score a defensive touchdown and still be holding our collective breath with two minutes left in the game only to be saved by Maryland's staggering badness.

Next year will be marginally better--assuming Jones is 1/3 as good as his hype (which would make him exponentially better than Towles)--but only marginally. Hooray for another 7-6 year (this time 7-5 going into the bowl only to be beaten decisively by a decent Power 5 opponent).
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:30 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Next year will be marginally better--assuming Jones is 1/3 as good as his hype (which would make him better than Towles

You mean Anthony Brown?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:19 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Any motherfxxker who watched that abortion of a game and is anything other than deeply depressed about the future of BC football should quit whatever you are doing and become a used golf club salesman.

I don't think anyone here is saying that. They are just happy BC won and are so brow beaten and discouraged about the program that they have gotten used to 7-6 (Daz's third such season in four attempts.)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles66 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:39 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Think it was just that Hilliman was running very well in the first half. How about Willis only getting 2 carries and why did Rouse get any?

Yeah idk how Willis didn't get more touches in the game or this season (one catch?) and tough for Jones not to get any carries, but I was worried his lack of touches may mean he's gone. That wouldn't be good.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:41 pm

Forget the overall record and start focusing on his conference record as that is really all that matters
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:26 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Any motherfxxker who watched that abortion of a game and is anything other than deeply depressed about the future of BC football should quit whatever you are doing and become a used golf club salesman. Here's what I learned: we suck a lot. Maryland sucks a lot as well, but at least appears to have coaching capable of making halftime adjustments. It is beyond putrid that we could win the turnover battle 4 to 1, sack Maryland's QB 8 times and score a defensive touchdown and still be holding our collective breath with two minutes left in the game only to be saved by Maryland's staggering badness.

Next year will be marginally better--assuming Jones is 1/3 as good as his hype (which would make him exponentially better than Towles)--but only marginally. Hooray for another 7-6 year (this time 7-5 going into the bowl only to be beaten decisively by a decent Power 5 opponent).

This sums it up nicely.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:53 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Forget the overall record and start focusing on his conference record as that is really all that matters

I agree with corners.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:08 pm

I wouldn't mind the sloppy play if the team would just put the players names on the back of the jerseys. I watched the game in a room full of chattering people at yet another Christmas party. I could not hear any of the announcers. It would have been helpful if they had identifiable names at least. As an example, who was the BC D lineman who tackled both the MD QB and running back simultaneously, and then fell on the ball in the end zone for a TD to open the 2nd half? Hellava play.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:16 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:an example, who was the BC D lineman who tackled both the MD QB and running back simultaneously, and then fell on the ball in the end zone for a TD to open the 2nd half? Hellava play.

Noah Merritt
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:17 am

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:58 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:http://www.bcinterruption.com/2017/3/15/14934780/addazio-darius-wade-enters-camp-as-starting-qb

From HockeyRuption. Posted without comment.

he is objectively more senior and subjectively more handsome
Image Image
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:23 pm

How do you get number 23 in the elite 11 competition?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:How do you get number 23 in the elite 11 competition?

you played for a catholic school in the short conference in the dirty jerz

that's how much respect those schools receive. just ask moj's boyfriend al golden
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:34 pm

Hey has it been noted that they changed their twitter name to HockeyRuption? We write all their good content.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:37 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:How do you get number 23 in the elite 11 competition?

you played for a catholic school in the short conference in the dirty jerz

that's how much respect those schools receive. just ask moj's boyfriend al golden

I asked him and he said he had "no interest."
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:41 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Hey has it been noted that they changed their twitter name to HockeyRuption? We write all their good content.

i thought you were kidding. you are not kidding.

i wish they had chosen tubasteak but hockeyruption is a good alternative
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:46 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Hey has it been noted that they changed their twitter name to HockeyRuption? We write all their good content.

I've been getting royalty checks from tuba
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:13 pm

If they really had the courage of their convictions they'd call themselves Hockeyrection and do so with pride

Then the residual checks would flow me-ward
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:56 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Hey has it been noted that they changed their twitter name to HockeyRuption? We You write all their our good content.

Fixed
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:27 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Hey has it been noted that they changed their twitter name to HockeyRuption? We You write all their our good content.

Fixed

are you trying to make out with tedwardo? i think you'll need a crane to more nospace out of the way first. he seems to have established squatter's rights
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:29 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Fixed

are you trying to make out with tedwardo? i think you'll need a crane to more nospace out of the way first. he seems to have established squatter's rights

This development can't make claver happy, at all.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:05 pm

God this board is so gay we even drove shock away. And he used to take those cruises.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:22 pm

E.S.T.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:23 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:God this board is so gay we even drove shock away. And he used to take those cruises.

i think he went to mike pence camp and now that he's "fixed" he only checks in once a month or so (while his ankle monitor battery is charging)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium