(Way Too Early) 2017 Predictions

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: (Way Too Early) 2017 Predictions

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:46 pm

potato futures up 5%
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:49 pm

6-6, Addazio victory lap, bowl game loss.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Always repeat.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:41 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Landry moving up pre draft rankings lists. 4-8/5-7 is where Daz and Co. are headed

http://www.si.com/2017-nfl-draft-position-rankings

You are the worst poster in the history of messageboardery... if you don't win the worst poster award then it will be a travesty.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:16 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Landry moving up pre draft rankings lists. 4-8/5-7 is where Daz and Co. are headed

You are the worst poster in the history of messageboardery... if you don't win the worst poster award then it will be a travesty.

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish."

:bored

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:39 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

holy f that website was terrible. it amazes me that someone who works for some company would think that it is ok. :blah :gun

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:57 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

holy f that website was terrible. it amazes me that someone who works for some company would think that it is ok. :blah :gun

i don't know if you saw the byline but the article was from chris burke, so....

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:16 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Euripides sucked.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:18 am

mod6A {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

The website was almost as bad as the dogshit rankings that appeared on it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:18 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
mod6A {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Agreed, but it succeeded in furthering my agenda so it would be silly not to post it. :elephant

I stopped at the Cook/Fournette debate.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
mod6A {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Agreed, but it succeeded in furthering my agenda so it would be silly not to post it. :elephant

I stopped at the Cook/Fournette debate.

i scanned for a discussion of who's version of "my way" was better. when my search function did not find "my way" in the article, i closed it immediately
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:36 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Landry tweeted this 1st round projection yesterday. How will the defense look without him next year? Better than this year, or will it take yet another step back?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft- ... mpaign=nfl

Losing Landry would be a blow. Losing Landry because he gets drafted in the 1st round would be a very tolerable blow. I just fear he declares and drops down. Losing Landry and then finding out that NFL teams weren't that impressed by his generally one-trick-pony outside edge speed move technique would be a kick in the balls. I think Landry's great, but I don't even think he's Kiwi good. He's speedy and gets to the QB a lot that way, but a lot of his numbers this year came against some pretty garbage teams...

Which is all to say, Harold, if you read these boards, please stay for another year!
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:48 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Landry tweeted this 1st round projection yesterday. How will the defense look without him next year? Better than this year, or will it take yet another step back?

Losing Landry would be a blow. Losing Landry because he gets drafted in the 1st round would be a very tolerable blow. I just fear he declares and drops down. Losing Landry and then finding out that NFL teams weren't that impressed by his generally one-trick-pony outside edge speed move technique would be a kick in the balls. I think Landry's great, but I don't even think he's Kiwi good. He's speedy and gets to the QB a lot that way, but a lot of his numbers this year came against some pretty garbage teams...

Which is all to say, Harold, if you read these boards, please stay for another year!

you're #1 for a reason.

shit all over the guy and then ask for a favor. that should work out well

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:56 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

you're #1 for a reason.

shit all over the guy and then ask for a favor. that should work out well

The guy's got lots of NFL potential, no question. I wouldn't call it shitting on him. But he could add a lot to his game by coming back for a senior season. Sure I have some selfish motives here as a fan, but do you honestly think Landry is ready to start on Sundays right now?
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:40 am

He's also not remotely a one trick pony. He sets the edge very well.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby xu9697 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:53 am

Being as the QL Bowl was the first time I saw BC in person this year, I was SHOCKED to see Anthony Brown in person. Standing next to Michael Walker and across from Darius Wade when warming up, he looks SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than both guys. Looks to be 6-2 to 6-3 and pushing 220+ lbs. I am really hoping that he and Wade progress and give us a more complete looking QB in 2017. Obviously, we have to hold onto Wade.

I also spoke with someone this weekend that said Dennis Grosel, preferred walk-on QB from Ignatius in Cleveland has some real talent. We shall see.

http://www.ignatiuswildcats.com/news_ar ... id=2792314
xu9697
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:13 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Unless N. Ill gets a shit ton better, BC is not losing that game. 6-6

Confirmed 9/1/17? Would be great to not have a home game Labor Day weekend.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:23 am

CONFIRMED

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-17/2017 ... hedule.php

would like the next week to be a Wake / NCST to give a little more time for our new qb
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:32 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:CONFIRMED

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-17/2017 ... hedule.php

would like the next week to be a Wake / NCST to give a little more time for our new qb

This is the traditional school of thought, but I think it's wrong. Give us Clemson in Week 2, because who gives a shit. It's a 100% loss no matter what. I want all the winnable games later in the season, when the offense is progressing (hopefully).

It's all speculation, but I think BC would've beaten GT this year had the game been later in the season.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:32 am

WIth Addazio I don't know if it is ever too early to predict 7-6.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:07 pm

I really want to be optimistic.

1) @ UConn, C. Michigan, and @ N. Illinois should all be guaranteed.
2) @ Syracuse, Wake, NCST and @ UVa are all very winnable.
3) ND and VT are beatable.
4) Clemson, Louisville and FSU are not as dominant as everyone thinks.

I know this is getting as old as "10-2," but if the OL comes together and a QB steps up BC can do very well next year. Remember, when we had a functional offense in '13 and '14 we almost never got blown out. We were competitive every week because our defense was good enough to keep us competitive. The 2017 defense should be very good again, possibly even amazing if Landry comes back for a senior year. I know we're always waiting for the OL to step up, but at least 2017 they'll be sophomores, juniors and seniors...instead of freshmen, sophomores and juniors.

There's hope...

:screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:14 pm

How can you make predictions without even knowing Landrys status?

Are you trying to make a late run at worst poster? Cmon, you are better than this.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:17 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}: Remember, when we had a functional offense in '13 and '14 we almost never got blown out.

I have a problem with statements like this.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:19 pm

I don't think Landry's decision impacts the record as much as people think. His loss will hurt the D, but not enough to lose to teams that they would have beaten with him. And his presence is not going to mean they beat the top 3-4 teams on the schedule.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:35 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}: Remember, when we had a functional offense in '13 and '14 we almost never got blown out.

Rouse catches a perfectly thrown ball and we beat Clemson in '13. Any offense at all and we beat FSU in '14. Louisville's the only one that we haven't really been competitive with during the Daz years.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:57 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Rouse catches a perfectly thrown ball and we beat Clemson in '13. Any offense at all and we beat FSU in '14. Louisville's the only one that we haven't really been competitive with during the Daz years.

My problem was more with "we almost never got blown out".
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby xu9697 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:26 pm

NC State blew out Vandy and Wake WAS blowing out Temple (like we were doing to the Terps) before it got close. Perhaps we will just find that the ACC was off-the-charts awesome this year and next year things will level out some. Wishful thinking, I know! Sadly, my hope for a "great BC season" in 2017 is 8-4 (9-4 with bowl win). 10-2+ is just not on the radar right now.
xu9697
Carney Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Going out on a limb with Landry returning: 9-4.

Defense dominates against cupcakes like C.Mich, N.Illinois, UConn, Wake, NCST, 'Cuse and UVa. We pretty much cruise to those 7 wins. Then we pull out either VT or ND and win a bowl game against another garbage team to go 9-4.

The Daz as TOB era truly begins. Hopefully we don't get stuck there for too long...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:33 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Going out on a limb with Landry returning: 9-4.

Defense dominates against cupcakes like C.Mich, N.Illinois, UConn, Wake, NCST, 'Cuse and UVa. We pretty much cruise to those 7 wins. Then we pull out either VT or ND and win a bowl game against another garbage team to go 9-4.

The Daz as TOB era truly begins. Hopefully we don't get stuck there for too long...

Great. Who is BC's QB? If you can't make a rational argument as to how this new QB will be better than a shitty 5th year QB who was cut from the worst team in the SEC (which is why we got him) then 7-6 (at most) will have to do.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:50 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

Great. Who is BC's QB? If you can't make a rational argument as to how this new QB will be better than a shitty 5th year QB who was cut from the worst team in the SEC (which is why we got him) then 7-6 (at most) will have to do.

you've really got your finger on the pulse here, eh nospace?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:52 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

you've really got your finger on the pulse here, eh nospace?

I thought iamthewalrus was being sincere. My bad.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium