Can we all just agree that Addazio is a terrible head coach?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Can we all just agree that Addazio is a terrible head coach?

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:12 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:All I ever cared about was winning.

As a Giant fan the year they beat the Bills and a Devils fan during the Jacques Lemaire championships, I dont care how boring you are if you win. That said, if you are going 7-4, do it with style and points.

This. If BC cracks the rock to an ACC Championship, I'm on board. En route to the Independence Bowl, don't bore the fuck out of me.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

As a Giant fan the year they beat the Bills and a Devils fan during the Jacques Lemaire championships, I dont care how boring you are if you win. That said, if you are going 7-4, do it with style and points.

This. If BC cracks the rock to an ACC Championship, I'm on board. En route to the Independence Bowl, don't bore the fuck out of me.

what about on the way to a 5-7 early christmas break?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:07 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Let's just say that if Steve Logan went 5-7 and Sarge went 7-5, I'd rather watch the former.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Manny on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Hey who else remembers when HJS hated Jags and Logan?
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:Hey who else remembers when HJS hated Jags and Logan?

all I remember is HJS hating everybody
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:Hey who else remembers when HJS hated Jags and Logan?

If it exists, it would all be here. I'd love to see you find something because I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist. However, I believe that I was critical of Jags recruiting towards the end. That said... fuck you on the Logan comment. The man walks on water.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:17 am

Lucky Logan throwing the ball up 2 TD's inside his own ten yard line on the road at GT with a QB prone to wtf int's! Love Ryan, but he threw the ball right into the hands of the GT LB, easy pick 6, but the guy drops the ball with a minute to go in the 3rd.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:31 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Let's just say that if Steve Logan went 5-7 and Sarge went 7-5, I'd rather watch the former.

This is why I wanted Leach and the Air Raid offense.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:23 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Lucky Logan throwing the ball up 2 TD's inside his own ten yard line on the road at GT with a QB prone to wtf int's! Love Ryan, but he threw the ball right into the hands of the GT LB, easy pick 6, but the guy drops the ball with a minute to go in the 3rd.

We have memories like elephants on this board.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Daz was sold as a great recruiter. There are three factors to recruiting:

1. Evaluating the players so as to to offer, target, and recruit the right players.
I would say Daz has done well to very well here. He has significantly upgraded the talent level.

2. Closing, being able to get a kid to verbal & commit who has offer from top 20 programs.
Fail. I can't think of one example.

3. Management - you need the right numbers at each position.
Fail again. We have brought in way too many WRs and not enough at other positions but especially DT.

I bring this up today because Daz's under recruiting of the DT position has killed us the last 2 weeks.
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:48 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Daz was sold as a great recruiter. There are three factors to recruiting:

2. Closing, being able to get a kid to verbal & commit who has offer from top 20 programs.

I don't follow recruiting as closely as some others, but they got AJ Dillon after he de-committed from Michigan. But as I understand it they only offered him as a LB.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:56 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Daz was sold as a great recruiter. There are three factors to recruiting:

I don't follow recruiting as closely as some others, but they got AJ Dillon after he de-committed from Michigan. But as I understand it they only offered him as a LB.

His decision had very little to do with Daz's ability as a closer.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:00 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

His decision had very little to do with Daz's ability as a closer.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Recruiting has been the least of Dazaster’s problems.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:26 pm

And just to be clear, I'm not defending Daz. Just playing devils advocate with the Dillon example.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:12 am

hansen {l Wrote}:Recruiting has been the least of Dazaster’s problems.

fail
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:27 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:2. Closing, being able to get a kid to verbal & commit who has offer from top 20 programs.

maybe i'm whistling past the graveyard but i think there's some talent on this team. daz has his grubby heinz hands all over this offense + loeffler is terrible like every other fanbase who has had him as oc said

qb: brown (vt)
rb: dillon / hilliman (bama /tosu/ florida / uga / miami / etc)
wr: jeff smith (ville / wisco) / kobay (vt)
te: sweeney (nothing)
LT: monteiro (iowa? nothing)
lg: phillips (nothing)
c: petrula (south carolina / wisco)
rg: lindstrom (nothing)
rt: lazard

guess my problem was assuming daz would be able to coach up the ol but there's more talent on O than a historically bad offense
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:05 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:2. Closing, being able to get a kid to verbal & commit who has offer from top 20 programs.

maybe i'm whistling past the graveyard but i think there's some talent on this team. daz has his grubby heinz hands all over this offense + loeffler is terrible like every other fanbase who has had him as oc said

guess my problem was assuming daz would be able to coach up the ol but there's more talent on O than a historically bad offense

Ok, but the point I wanted to make is that he has over recruited some positions (WR) and under recruited others (DT) to the detriment of the program.
2014: 4 WRs (Flutie, Thad "Chad" Smith, Dixon, McClary); 2 DTs (Stevens, Merritt).
2015: 5 WRs (Jeff Smith, Walker, Glines, Borgersen, Pankey); 1 DT (Ray Smith)
2016: 2 WRs (White, McStravick); 1 DT (Korutz).
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:28 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Ok, but the point I wanted to make is that he has over recruited some positions (WR) and under recruited others (DT) to the detriment of the program.
2014: 4 WRs (Flutie, Thad "Chad" Smith, Dixon, McClary); 2 DTs (Stevens, Merritt).

How about the large number of TEs with absolutely no athletic ability we sign each year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:21 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Ok, but the point I wanted to make is that he has over recruited some positions (WR) and under recruited others (DT) to the detriment of the program.

I think most agree he's done fine on evaluation. And while you said Fail, I think most (if they were viewing this objectively) would agree that he has done a good job landing the kids he's gone after. Again, talent isn't the issue with this team.

However, as you rightfully have pointed out, he has failed miserably in the over all management of recruiting. You point out his busted numbers by position. I'd point out that he hasn't recruited to match a vision. Wide body vs agile OL... drop-back vs mobile QB... big athletic vs small and quick WRs... we haven't made any preference clear. It's like he's trying to build a fantasy FB team where you only care about stats.

Ultimately, none of this should surprise. The more intellectually challenging a task, the worse our Gym Teacher performs.

Can we rename this Smiley Daz?
:conspiracy
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:34 am

HJS {l Wrote}:, the worse our Gym Teacher performs.

if you're the one who is spamming all of bc's social media calling him 'bc's gym teacher' please keep doing it. no question in my mind captain thinskin reads every one of them
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:46 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

if you're the one who is spamming all of bc's social media calling him 'bc's gym teacher' please keep doing it. no question in my mind captain thinskin reads every one of them

While I'm proud to not be involved at all with the cesspool that is "social media", I sadly can't take credit for the nickname assigned to him like 5 minutes after his announcement.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:10 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

moj doesn't come up with his own shit ever. he gets it the old fashion way... he steals it and then claims the originator stole from him

he's like an unfunnier carlos mencia
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:29 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

moj doesn't come up with his own shit ever. he gets it the old fashion way... he steals it and then claims the originator stole from him

he's like an unfunnier carlos mencia

He doesn't steal it, he predicts the other guy will come up with it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium