We're Going Bowling!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: We're Going Bowling!

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:01 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:I've seen vs SCarolina in the Independence, Maryland in Detroit, or USF in St. Pete.

Shreveport may suck, but I'd prefer our guys playing an SEC team.

I saw projection of playing Army in Detroit as well.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby tallsy on Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:30 pm

Sun Bowl Exec says BC still in play for them. Makes sense if it's between BC, Wake, and NC State. The other two are ratings death.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:57 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:I've seen vs SCarolina in the Independence, Maryland in Detroit, or USF in St. Pete.

BC played Arizona (Pac-12) in Shreveport 3 years ago....
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:06 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:A more accurate representation would have the pins falling down on their own as the ball rolls by in the gutter.

Or when you barely clip the 10 pin and get a domino effect around that back that somehow knocks over a handful.

Regardless, it should show the other 6 pins still left standing, with Syracuse and GT prominently up front.

I might prefer a looped gif of a hammer endlessly pounding a rock (with no cracks evident), as Addazio looks on approvingly and expectantly.

edit: as a stopgap this will do

Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby biggestskyeagle on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:10 pm

Happy for the players that we are going bowling, but Daz should not be allowed near the field
whether or not he is fired.

More importantly, how did we fare in that 2016 Lambert-Meadowlands thingy?
biggestskyeagle
n00b

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:51 pm

St Pete would be a nice destination.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:41 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

BC played Arizona (Pac-12) in Shreveport 3 years ago....

Yes, I recall. Prefer them playing SCarolina this time around. Always love our being matched up with an SEC team, whether we win or lose.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:17 am

tallsy {l Wrote}:Sun Bowl Exec says BC still in play for them. Makes sense if it's between BC, Wake, and NC State. The other two are ratings death.

I'm not going to El Paso, but the Sun Bowl is better than the other options.

We'd also likely get destroyed by some Pac12 team.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:22 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
tallsy {l Wrote}:Sun Bowl Exec says BC still in play for them. Makes sense if it's between BC, Wake, and NC State. The other two are ratings death.

looking around and seeing potential opponents in the sun would be utah or stanford most likely

ROCKETSHIP TIME
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:24 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

looking around and seeing potential opponents in the sun would be utah or stanford most likely

ROCKETSHIP TIME

i think you're forgetting that towlie will get 3 more weeks of practice
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:25 am

If only there was a demographic in El Paso we could tap into to up attendance at the Sun Bowl:

DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby durkcal on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Wow, hard to believe but BC may end up with a Bowl matchup we can win.

We can beat Army
We may be able to beat Stanford - they can't pass
We can probably have a pillow fight with Maryland - they also can't pass

South Carolina, Utah and especially South Florida would not at all be worth watching. Rocketship time.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:29 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:Wow, hard to believe but BC may end up with a Bowl matchup we can win.

We can beat Army

South Carolina, Utah and especially South Florida would not at all be worth watching. Rocketship time.

we would get absolutely steamrolled by stanford
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:36 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:Wow, hard to believe but BC may end up with a Bowl matchup we can win.

We can beat Army

South Carolina blows. Just about every metric (Sagarin, RealTimeRPI, KRACH) has them worse than Maryland, and within fractions of a point of us.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby tallsy on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:42 pm

The team gets obliterated by Stanford and Utah. Lose to USF but their defense is so bad there might be some garbage time TDs to make the score look closer. SCar, Army, Maryland are all winnable.

A lot is still up in the air. I bet ABC/ESPN's going to find a way to juice the Vegas Bowl which is scheduled for a national audience and that would have a domino effect.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:45 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:The team gets obliterated by Stanford and Utah. Lose to USF but their defense is so bad there might be some garbage time TDs to make the score look closer. SCar, Army, Maryland are all winnable.

A lot is still up in the air. I bet ABC/ESPN's going to find a way to juice the Vegas Bowl which is scheduled for a national audience and that would have a domino effect.

Where'd you see us mentioned with the Vegas Bowl? I could probably get away for the weekend of the 17th, and have never been to Vegas...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:50 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Daz vs. Muschamp would be the ultimate hardo bowl.

Independence Bowl 2016: The Race to Cardiac Arrest
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:26 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
tallsy {l Wrote}:The team gets obliterated by Stanford and Utah. Lose to USF but their defense is so bad there might be some garbage time TDs to make the score look closer. SCar, Army, Maryland are all winnable.

Where'd you see us mentioned with the Vegas Bowl? I could probably get away for the weekend of the 17th, and have never been to Vegas...

Sorry to get hopes up. No way we're in Vegas. It's before Christmas so BC doesn't want it and ABC/ESPN probably wants a Western team. The domino effect would be in how things shuffle from there.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:39 pm

FWIW, CollegeFootballNews.com has BC in the St. Pete's Bowl versus USF. That's an 11 AM kick the day after Christmas at The Trop. You reap what you sow.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:18 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Sorry to get hopes up. No way we're in Vegas. It's before Christmas so BC doesn't want it and ABC/ESPN probably wants a Western team. The domino effect would be in how things shuffle from there.

Unless it is a late kickoff, why would they prefer a Western team?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:28 pm

What BC "prefers" is completely immaterial. No one gives a fuck what BC wants when we win 10-games. Sure as shit... no one cares what we want when winning half as many games.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:55 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:What BC "prefers" is completely immaterial. No one gives a fuck what BC wants when we win 10-games. Sure as shit... no one cares what we want when winning half as many games.

um, half of 10 is 5. bc won 6 games.

that is all
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:42 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:What BC "prefers" is completely immaterial. No one gives a fuck what BC wants when we win 10-games. Sure as shit... no one cares what we want when winning half as many games.

that is all

Wagner, Umass, UConn, Buffalo, Wake and RCC simply shouldn't count as 6-wins. I think I was being generous giving 5.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby miutbc on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:53 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

that is all

Wagner, Umass, UConn, Buffalo, Wake and RCC simply shouldn't count as 6-wins. I think I was being generous giving 5.

Yes you are. And Utah and Stanford would beat us by 40 at least
miutbc
Carney Hall

Postby durkcal on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:57 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

We can beat Army

we would get absolutely steamrolled by stanford

you must not have watched Stanford this year. They were 94th in passing efficiency and 116th in passing yards per game. And they do not play up tempo - the achilles heel of the 2016 BC defense.

We would absolutely be in that game.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby durkcal on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:59 pm

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:

We can beat Army

South Carolina blows. Just about every metric (Sagarin, RealTimeRPI, KRACH) has them worse than Maryland, and within fractions of a point of us.

South Carolina may be bad, but they're like a better version of Syracuse. And we couldn't handle Syracuse. It's all about matchups for BC and our inflexible head coach.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:05 am

Stanford sucks worse than this board's posters.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:00 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:

We can beat Army

South Carolina may be bad, but they're like a better version of Syracuse. And we couldn't handle Syracuse. It's all about matchups for BC and our inflexible head coach.

wait, seriously?

south carolina could not be more of a polar opposite of syracuse if they tried
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:35 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:

We can beat Army

Did you get drunk on Monday night?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:08 pm

south Carolina is awful. Bc will absolutely stay in that game. 13-10 one way or another.

Stanford wou beat BC without much trouble. We wouldn't move the ball at all on them. 17-3 or something like that.

USF would rocketship us. They can put up points, and that would be the end of us.

Maryland analysis would be equivalent to South Carolina's

Navy would be far too disciplined for us and would beat us by three scores.

BC can beat Army but Army would be more up for the game.

Utah would do to us what Colorado did to TOB in his first bowl game

The problem with BC is that most of these teams who are these low level bowls have a serious flaw. Some are defense. BC cannot exploit even the worst defenses in the country. They should be able to line up an run it all over a team like Army. They probably have a 50 pound per person advantage on the lines. However, I guarantee you BC would run for about 2.8 ypc against Army.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium