The Deal with Wade?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

The Deal with Wade?

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:57 pm

Anybody know? Because it just doesn't make any sense to me.

I thought I saw somewhere that Towles has been the worst QB in FBS, likely statistically-speaking in addition to the eyeball test. Is Wade actually worse? Word out of Spring and Summer Ball was that he looked good, or at least certainly better than Towles. Or is this a doghouse type situation? Is it possible that Wade had the audacity to question Daz's starter decision and is now getting punished for it? We've all seen how badly Daz reacts to anyone questioning the starting QB situation. Is Daz just protecting himself from a QB controversy and another criticism of his coaching decision by keeping Wade off the field and not allowing him the execute any semblence of an offense when he actually does play in garbage time.

This is less for this year and more for next year. If Wade is out and transfers, our QB depth chart for next year is something like 1) Brown (RS-F), 2) Fedule ????
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Re: The Deal with Wade?

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:03 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Anybody know? Because it just doesn't make any sense to me.

I thought I saw somewhere that Towles has been the worst QB in FBS, likely statistically-speaking in addition to the eyeball test. Is Wade actually worse? Word out of Spring and Summer Ball was that he looked good, or at least certainly better than Towles. Or is this a doghouse type situation? Is it possible that Wade had the audacity to question Daz's starter decision and is now getting punished for it? We've all seen how badly Daz reacts to anyone questioning the starting QB situation. Is Daz just protecting himself from a QB controversy and another criticism of his coaching decision by keeping Wade off the field and not allowing him the execute any semblence of an offense when he actually does play in garbage time.

This is less for this year and more for next year. If Wade is out and transfers, our QB depth chart for next year is something like 1) Brown (RS-F), 2) Fedule ????

I saw them call to put him in yesterday and he was at the other end of the bench, couldn't get on field fast enough. Wouldn't shock me if they brought in Rettig to push him next year. At this point, Wade deserves a chance, but Rettig could be a good insurance policy and I'm assuming he'll be available
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:34 pm

I think he's being limited by his badness at quarterbackmanship. He falls squarely into the "nobody could be worse than Chris crane" category and if he comes in at any point in Winston Salem, I expect him to hand the ball off to wake like cesspool did all those years ago. Note, this in not racist, it's suckyquarterbackist
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:43 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Anybody know? Because it just doesn't make any sense to me.

You post appears unnecessarily shrill given:
1. Addazio's adeptness at young QB development, and
2. His total disregard for no. 1, when there is a ready inventory of tested and true 5 year transfers that come in with ready made familiarity with Addazio's changing offensive philosophy.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:39 am

When Mack Brown was reading the Lord of Fries' prewritten notecards in a desperate attempt to fill the airwaves in the dying moments of our most recent rocketshipping, said notecards were full of praise for Brown, not Wade. You don't need to be a haruspex or fake HBS graduate to figure this one out.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:22 am

Even if Brown is the guy next year, Wade should have seen more snaps this year, if for no other reason than to protect Towles when up 30 and down 40. He's not playing Wade because of who the QB is or will be, but because of Wade for some reason.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 31southst on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:01 am

It's weird to me to contrast how they are dealing with Wade this year versus the fact that they had enough confidence in him his freshman year to basically give him the job without competition (i.e., Flutie and Smith).
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:10 am

31southst {l Wrote}:It's weird to me to contrast how they are dealing with Wade this year versus the fact that they had enough confidence in him his freshman year to basically give him the job without competition (i.e., Flutie and Smith).

maybe the injury slowed him a bit and rendered him less functional

or maybe her got the last order of fries the last time the team ate together and the heinz hammer was left friesless (an unforgivable offense)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:36 am

31southst {l Wrote}:It's weird to me to contrast how they are dealing with Wade this year versus the fact that they had enough confidence in him his freshman year to basically give him the job without competition (i.e., Flutie and Smith).

Exactly. With the talking-points about Brown given to the commentators this weekend it sure seems like Daz wants us to forget about Wade. The fact that he was the presumptive starter in '15 and has been taking first team snaps as recently as a few weeks ago seem disprove that it's a talent issue.

I'm assuming doghouse. Which, by the way, seems odd given the fact that he always comes across as incredibly bright, respectful and mature on interviews. So I'm assuming it's doghouse due to thin-skin as opposed to legitimate infraction.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:40 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Exactly. With the talking-points about Brown given to the commentators this weekend it sure seems like Daz wants us to forget about Wade. The fact that he was the presumptive starter in '15 and has been taking first team snaps as recently as a few weeks ago seem disprove that it's a talent issue.

Our head football coach is a stupid person. Though in one of the only times he has ever accepted blame for anything, he has admitted it was a mistake to not bring in a transfer QB for the 2015 season.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:05 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Our head football coach is a stupid person. Though in one of the only times he has ever accepted blame for anything, he has admitted it was a mistake to not bring in a transfer QB for the 2015 season.

But when he said that it was about hindsight in the context of Wade getting injured. As far as I remember he never said he should've brought in a 5th year because Wade couldn't hack it.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:20 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

You mean like Hilliman, who just gets carry after carry after carry into a pile of players at the LOS?

Average per carry among regular RBs:
Miles Willis 4.9 (42 carries)
Davon Jones 4.2 (81 carries)
Richard Wilson 3.4 (40 carries)
Hilliman 3.1 (149 carries)

Sorry don't want to turn this from a QB to an RB thread but I think this really fits since it really is a "Daz is a terrible coach" thread.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:40 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

You mean like Hilliman, who just gets carry after carry after carry into a pile of players at the LOS?

Sorry don't want to turn this from a QB to an RB thread but I think this really fits since it really is a "Daz is a terrible coach" thread.

There are many, many examples of Daz not giving the best players the best opportunities. Hilliman looked good when he had an OL opening holes for him. He's not shifty enough to make his own plays. And yet still he starts.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby basselope on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:43 pm

This does not make sense to me as I watched Wade throw enough in practice over the past few years to see he has the talent to be a legit D1 QB.
Our "capote de brega" Blocking execution got him killed last season and it appears BC does not actually have a QB position.

It appears they prefer Towles at the "Official snap taker and hand off guy" position.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:53 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

Jones is by FAR and away the best RB right now, and Willis should be the change up. Hilliman just hasn't recovered
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:19 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

Our coach is the same fool who has continued to play guys like Dudeck, Bordner, and frankly all the players I've complained about these four years. He played Flutie
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:32 pm

Wade must be in the Daz Doghouse.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

Jones is by FAR and away the best RB right now, and Willis should be the change up. Hilliman just hasn't recovered

This
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:24 pm

There is no greater evidence of the ineptitude of this HC than how absolutely he has absolutely fucked up the QB and OL situations, arguably the two biggest issues for which he is responsible (given the defense was in relative capable hands), the dazzler being an offensive (sic) coach. He captured lightening in a bottle with Murphy. Aside from that, QB development has been non-existent.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:02 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:There is no greater evidence of the ineptitude of this HC than how absolutely he has absolutely fucked up the QB and OL situations, arguably the two biggest issues for which he is responsible (given the defense was in relative capable hands), the dazzler being an offensive (sic) coach. He captured lightening in a bottle with Murphy. Aside from that, QB development has been non-existent.

I'm not sure the OL is that bad. The moron makes it impossible for them to run block. If you sit in the end zone during s game and see the stupid 11 men at the LOI play calls there's just absolutely no way to run block that many guys.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:19 pm

It'll suck when Wade transfers in the off season. He will probably be very good next year but not at Boston College.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:56 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:It'll suck when Wade transfers in the off season. He will probably be very good next year but not at Boston College.

This is my fear. And nobody could blame him. Daz has made it clear that he's a distant second to the WORST quarterback in the country.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eagletx on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:14 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:There is no greater evidence of the ineptitude of this HC than how absolutely he has absolutely fucked up the QB and OL situations, arguably the two biggest issues for which he is responsible (given the defense was in relative capable hands), the dazzler being an offensive (sic) coach. He captured lightening in a bottle with Murphy. Aside from that, QB development has been non-existent.

I'm not sure the OL is that bad. The moron makes it impossible for them to run block. If you sit in the end zone during s game and see the stupid 11 men at the LOI play calls there's just absolutely no way to run block that many guys.

With exception of Baker, this line has been mediocre at best. Lowry is a total 5th year (5TH YEAR!!!) bust. Hard to imagine what they saw in him. The other guys are young, but still have significant experience, but that is all mismanaged when Addazio keeps shuffling the deck. This HC had two alleged strengths: OL development and recruiting. With recent recruiting defections, and 4 years under his belt, I think it is safe to say that his "strengths" are illusory.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:39 pm

Any news? When do (did) second semester classes begin?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:12 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Any news? When do (did) second semester classes begin?

I don't think we find out until Spring Semester Redshirt Declaration Day (SSRDD).
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:12 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

With exception of Baker, this line has been mediocre at best. Lowry is a total 5th year (5TH YEAR!!!) bust. Hard to imagine what they saw in him. The other guys are young, but still have significant experience, but that is all mismanaged when Addazio keeps shuffling the deck. This HC had two alleged strengths: OL development and recruiting. With recent recruiting defections, and 4 years under his belt, I think it is safe to say that his "strengths" are illusory.

Lowery was bad this year but was making a huge step in comp. Saying he was a 5th year isnt entirely fair, he's a completely different case when compared to Patchan and Silberman who were 5th years that came from P5 competition/programs and turned into pretty solid contributors.

Not sure how you can assess Addazio's OL development at this point. 2016 was year 2 of a complete OL rebuild. With Spaziani recruiting 3 OL in his last 2 classes (2 lasted in the program) this is what happens, there was nothing to work with in the most developmental position on the field. You're judging him with, outside of Baker, his most experience guys being true sophomores in Lindstrom (22 total starts after '16) and Monteiro (17 starts after '16). You want to make these claims after 2017, fair, but its still way too early all things considered. Also, what do you mean "shuffle the deck" ? Lindstrom, Baker, Monteiro, Lowery and Elijah Johnson all started at least 10 games. I'd say that was fairly consistent and not shuffling anything.

As to the QB issue, from a timing perspective, how is this any different than what TOB used to do. Guys came into the program, redshirted and sat for their turn to play 2 years. What specifically is your problem with the QB development ? We really dont know anything. Wade is going to have 2 years to start, assuming he stays. If your complaint is that he didnt put Wade in during the blowouts then fine, but idk what your going to see with him handing it off for a quarter to burn clock and get the game over with. Addazio had confidence to start him in '15 and he got hurt. If Wade doesn't get injured and we have a greater body of work to evaluate "development" then maybe you can make a case, but we have no clue. I really cant fault Addazio for bringing in an insurance policy in '16 in Towles to avoid a repeat of the previous year. Additionally, its not fair to just sit there and say that he got lucky with Murphy. If you are going to question development, you have to give someone credit for getting something out of Murhpy who did nothing at Florida, and for that matter, Rettig as well.

Wade recently started following coaches from Tulsa, Central Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Baylor (who just got commitment from Anu Salomon from Zona for next year), NIU, Western Kentucky, San Jose State, Michigan State, Illinois, Bowling Green, Old Dominion, Louisiana-Monroe, ECU, Rutgers and Maryland. I would say he is at least exploring the transfer route even though its likely not in his best interest to do so this year since he would have to sit out a season (unless he maybe he waits to graduate over the summer and leave then ?)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:06 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:When do (did) second semester classes begin?

Today I think?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Classes begin on the 17th per the BC academic calendar.

Wade is entering the spring term of his academic junior year. Is there a way that he could graduate following this semester from a credit perspective (i.e. is it feasible to think he could have made up essentially his senior year of credits over the summer during workouts where he will finish this semester, graduate, and then transfer without having to sit out a year and still having 2 years of eligibility left).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:03 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Classes begin on the 17th per the BC academic calendar.

Wade is entering the spring term of his academic junior year. Is there a way that he could graduate following this semester from a credit perspective (i.e. is it feasible to think he could have made up essentially his senior year of credits over the summer during workouts where he will finish this semester, graduate, and then transfer without having to sit out a year and still having 2 years of eligibility left).

Yes, especially given he was an early enrollee. I am just guessing but it seems likely he could fit 4 years worth of credits into 3.5 years and 3 summers.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:13 pm

I believe Wade's father has previously posted on EA that he will graduate in three years.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium