The Deal with Wade?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: The Deal with Wade?

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:50 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:I think it's a little short-sighted of Wade to transfer because he may be #2 on the QB chart at a P5 school to pursue a #1 spot at a G5 school. Two years of eligibility is a long time. Brown could bomb. Brown could get hurt. Lots of things can happen that can get Wade right back into the starting job at a P5 school. At the very least, he should stay for this year and still have his 5th year to transfer.

If he is able to get his diploma from BC, why the heck wouldn't he transfer to be #1 for two years at a mid-major instead of being #2 at a terrible P5 school???

The better question is.... who would take him?

That's not a better question.

Its the correct question.

No it isn't. Because, so long as the answer is "someone" (which isn't really in doubt) it is the move he likely should make.

Someone who guarantees him the #1 spot? There's no guarantee he doesn't become #2 at Northern Illinois. Stay for a year, try to win or win back the starting job at a P5. If that doesn't work out, transfer.

Risk 1 year to start at a P5 against top teams.

First... he has been at BC for 3 years. He knows the chances of winning the job next year better than anyone. He may feel that he doesn't think he has much of a chance to start (either because AB is the second coming of Jameis Winston/Deshaun Watson or because he doesn't think the staff will give him a fair opportunity), Accordingly, he is sacrificing an opportunity to play 2 years in order to be an insurance policy so Daz doesn't have to go the Shinskie route yet again.

Second... a school like ODU (coming off a 10-win season and just graduated their QB and has nothing of note on the roster) is a perfect example of a school who would pull a Daz and guarantee a starting position. Personally, I think Wade would be excellent playing under Bobby Wilder.

There's something really rotten about the fanbase when everyone thinks that backup QB at BC is not at all a relevant college football role.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:02 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:There's something really rotten about the fanbase when everyone thinks that backup QB at BC is not at all a relevant college football role.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:25 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:I think it's a little short-sighted of Wade to transfer because he may be #2 on the QB chart at a P5 school to pursue a #1 spot at a G5 school. Two years of eligibility is a long time. Brown could bomb. Brown could get hurt. Lots of things can happen that can get Wade right back into the starting job at a P5 school. At the very least, he should stay for this year and still have his 5th year to transfer.

If he is able to get his diploma from BC, why the heck wouldn't he transfer to be #1 for two years at a mid-major instead of being #2 at a terrible P5 school???

The better question is.... who would take him?

That's not a better question.

Its the correct question.

No it isn't. Because, so long as the answer is "someone" (which isn't really in doubt) it is the move he likely should make.

Someone who guarantees him the #1 spot? There's no guarantee he doesn't become #2 at Northern Illinois. Stay for a year, try to win or win back the starting job at a P5. If that doesn't work out, transfer.

Risk 1 year to start at a P5 against top teams.

Accordingly, he is sacrificing an opportunity to play 2 years in order to be an insurance policy so Daz doesn't have to go the Shinskie route yet again.

Again?

I know we all blocked this time period out of our minds the way we blocked out Star Wars Episodes I, II, and III as if they never happened, but even Daz didn't bring in an alcoholic Scott Bakula....
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:07 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Second... a school like ODU (coming off a 10-win season and just graduated their QB and has nothing of note on the roster) is a perfect example of a school who would pull a Daz and guarantee a starting position. Personally, I think Wade would be excellent playing under Bobby Wilder.

But then he'd have to join in on their circle of unity. Not sure it's worth it.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:37 pm

We need a running QB and to just run the stupid offense from 2 years ago with Murphy. It worked and it fits what Daz wants to do.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:33 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Didn't think Fadule was that terrible considering he was a true freshman playing behind a matador OL that year.

yeah, but you've also said that you didn't think blowjobs were that terrible, except for the taste so... you're opinion isn't always appreciated

I never said that as I have never given a blowjob.
Who do you think I am SPM?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:44 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Didn't think Fadule was that terrible considering he was a true freshman playing behind a matador OL that year.

yeah, but you've also said that you didn't think blowjobs were that terrible, except for the taste so... you're opinion isn't always appreciated

This was nowhere near as cool as it sounded in your head.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:07 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

This was nowhere near as cool as it sounded in your head.

it was downright milhousian
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:26 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:We need a running QB and to just run the stupid offense from 2 years ago with Murphy. It worked and it fits what Daz wants to do.

i don't think daz knows what daz wants to do (outside of crack the rock)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:44 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:We need a running QB and to just run the stupid offense from 2 years ago with Murphy. It worked and it fits what Daz wants to do.

i don't think daz knows what daz wants to do (outside of crack the rock)

This is true.

Just embrace who you are, ditch the passing game nonesense and run read-option and jet sweeps. Enjoy the 30 or so points you'll score every game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:29 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:ditch the passing game nonesense

It's called the "throw game."
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:05 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:I know we all blocked this time period out of our minds the way we blocked out Star Wars Episodes I, II, and III as if they never happened, but even Daz didn't bring in an alcoholic Scott Bakula....

Do not sell Towles short on his ability to Crush.
While Uncle Dave would certainly be the Bama / REV favorite going in, Towles is at least the Clemson / Tonto level and that is not that big of an upset.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:06 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:I know we all blocked this time period out of our minds the way we blocked out Star Wars Episodes I, II, and III as if they never happened, but even Daz didn't bring in an alcoholic Scott Bakula....

Do not sell Towles short on his ability to Crush.
While Uncle Dave would certainly be the Bama / REV favorite going in, Towles is at least the Clemson / Tonto level and that is not that big of an upset.

Towles got this team to a bowl and then beat a power 5 team.
Dude got a lot of shit from everyone on this board but in the end things worked out alright. Pretty much all you could ask for considering the coaching staff and players around him.
The quidditch loving QB is ok in my book... there, I said it.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:27 pm

BC posted a new podcast online called "The Perch". Meter interviews Bates (I just started it so dont know full content yet but says will talk about facilities and shit) and they talk about next season, but they dont even mention Wade. Says indoor building will be done closer to 8 month period

http://www.bceagles.com/news/2017/1/17/boston-college-athletics-introducing-the-perch.aspx
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:05 pm

Also BC released a photo on Twitter of EJ Perry in his new #4 BC jersey so I'm not sure where this leaves Wade.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:20 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:BC posted a new podcast online called "The Perch". Meter interviews Bates (I just started it so dont know full content yet but says will talk about facilities and shit) and they talk about next season, but they dont even mention Wade. Says indoor building will be done closer to 8 month period

http://www.bceagles.com/news/2017/1/17/boston-college-athletics-introducing-the-perch.aspx

fake news! seems like meat was the one hired to run the new north korean media department at the heights

listened a little to the master

shovels in the ground in may, should take 8-12 mos.
indirectly referenced aj Dillon's flip
discussed landry process
talked a lot about fenway and how it won't be a yukon home game like nd was
talked up the progress of the nags hoops program despite them being a game out of last and the worst overall record in the acc

think that was about it
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:44 am

how was his hair?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:19 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:BC posted a new podcast online called "The Perch". Meter interviews Bates (I just started it so dont know full content yet but says will talk about facilities and shit) and they talk about next season, but they dont even mention Wade. Says indoor building will be done closer to 8 month period

fake news! seems like meat was the one hired to run the new north korean media department at the heights

listened a little to the master

shovels in the ground in may, should take 8-12 mos.
indirectly referenced aj Dillon's flip
discussed landry process
talked a lot about fenway and how it won't be a yukon home game like nd was
talked up the progress of the nags hoops program despite them being a game out of last and the worst overall record in the acc

think that was about it

claver listens so you don't have to.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:01 am

Take it for what it's worth, but Addazio just mentioned Wade as if he will be competing for job next year on the NSD thing with Meter.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:10 am

Hopefully they talked some sense into Wade. As a 5th year transfer next year, he can find the best place for himself. Based on who Wade started following on Twitter, it wasn't like Alabama and Ohio State were calling.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:24 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Hopefully they talked some sense into Wade. As a 5th year transfer next year, he can find the best place for himself. Based on who Wade started following on Twitter, it wasn't like Alabama and Ohio State were calling.

They should be calling. After all EagleinAtlanta, Wade is just so talented!
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:30 pm

I'd just like to say I enjoyed my reign of having the worst karma score on the board but I can humbly accept that when IB passes me, he has earned it.

The man just wanted it more
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:32 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I'd just like to say I enjoyed my reign of having the worst karma score on the board but I can humbly accept that when IB passes me, he has earned it.

I'm just tired of bullshit.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:35 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I'd just like to say I enjoyed my reign of having the worst karma score on the board but I can humbly accept that when IB passes me, he has earned it.

Hey, he once got run over by Tom Nalen.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:51 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Hopefully they talked some sense into Wade. As a 5th year transfer next year, he can find the best place for himself. Based on who Wade started following on Twitter, it wasn't like Alabama and Ohio State were calling.

If Wade say followed HJS's suggestion and transferred to ODU he could have turned into a Willie Parker, which would be disastrous for Daz. Consequently, Daz's best bet was twofold:

1. Badmouth Wade like nobody's business to his friends at ESPN and in the coaching community. Hope that dissuades schools from trying to bring Wade in now (or in the summer).

2. Promise Wade that he and Brown will have an open competition for the starting job. Of course you and I know this is nonsense. But it would be stupid to tell Wade that. By making the promise Daz gets Wade to stay as a backup, so that he's not forced to use untested freshmen as backups. Daz knows he can't go down that well again--he has to get to .500 with a good excuse as to why he's not better. This way he uses Wade if Brown gets hurt so he can get a few wins (and claim it would have been 8 or 9 if Brown stayed healthy).

By staying, Wade doesn't have to kill himself to graduate this spring or summer--where he'd miss the chance in spring practice to win the starter's job (say at ODU). Knowing Daz needs to save his job, Wade bets on Daz's incompetence to get Brown hurt. That could be from Daz again failing to mold the O-Line, or from ordering stupid plays that hang Brown out to dry (heavy QB run-pass options come to mind).

Once Brown goes down, Daz knows he can't risk going to the freshmen. So the offense is low-risk to the remaining QB (Wade), and Wade gets film to market after the season for that fifth-year transfer.

PS--love these quotes from the Parker article linked above:

"Bunting Addazio wantedParker Wade to gain weight and become more of a power back QB. Parker Wade, who was 200 211 pounds at the time, wanted nothing to do with Bunting Addazio's plan.

"He said to me, 'If Willie Darius ain't going to do it, it's my way or Willie Darius's going to hit the highway,' "
Parker Wade said of a conversation he had with Bunting Addazio.

Parker Wade would never carry throw more than 83 42 times in each of his final three seasons, despite opening the year as a starter in his sophomoreand junior seasons.

"They told him he (stunk)," fellow linebacker Joey Porter Luke Kuechly yelled earlier this week, when Parker Wade was being interviewed about his college career. Parker Wade shook his head in agreement."
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Iggle on Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:50 pm

Is that fanfic supposed to make me think Daz is a bad coach or a good one?
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:25 pm

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:

If Wade say followed HJS's suggestion and transferred to ODU he could have turned into a Willie Parker, which would be disastrous for Daz. Consequently, Daz's best bet was twofold:

1. Badmouth Wade like nobody's business to his friends at ESPN and in the coaching community. Hope that dissuades schools from trying to bring Wade in now (or in the summer).

2. Promise Wade that he and Brown will have an open competition for the starting job. Of course you and I know this is nonsense. But it would be stupid to tell Wade that. By making the promise Daz gets Wade to stay as a backup, so that he's not forced to use untested freshmen as backups. Daz knows he can't go down that well again--he has to get to .500 with a good excuse as to why he's not better. This way he uses Wade if Brown gets hurt so he can get a few wins (and claim it would have been 8 or 9 if Brown stayed healthy).

By staying, Wade doesn't have to kill himself to graduate this spring or summer--where he'd miss the chance in spring practice to win the starter's job (say at ODU). Knowing Daz needs to save his job, Wade bets on Daz's incompetence to get Brown hurt. That could be from Daz again failing to mold the O-Line, or from ordering stupid plays that hang Brown out to dry (heavy QB run-pass options come to mind).

Once Brown goes down, Daz knows he can't risk going to the freshmen. So the offense is low-risk to the remaining QB (Wade), and Wade gets film to market after the season for that fifth-year transfer.

PS--love these quotes from the Parker article linked above:

"Bunting Addazio wantedParker Wade to gain weight and become more of a power back QB. Parker Wade, who was 200 211 pounds at the time, wanted nothing to do with Bunting Addazio's plan.

"He said to me, 'If Willie Darius ain't going to do it, it's my way or Willie Darius's going to hit the highway,' "
Parker Wade said of a conversation he had with Bunting Addazio.

Parker Wade would never carry throw more than 83 42 times in each of his final three seasons, despite opening the year as a starter in his sophomoreand junior seasons.

"They told him he (stunk)," fellow linebacker Joey Porter Luke Kuechly yelled earlier this week, when Parker Wade was being interviewed about his college career. Parker Wade shook his head in agreement."

why don't you post as observer college anymore?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium