Per Proven Source on EA (Good AD News)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Per Proven Source on EA (Good AD News)

Postby ILikeBC on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:24 pm

"BC will introduce a new AD within the next 30 days. The new AD will determine the future of Adazzio."

"It remains to be seen whether the new AD will stand by the commitments that have been made. Who knows what that Ad will inherit ? 6-6 or 5-7 .if 6-6 what happens if we beat a power 5 team in a bowl game? What happens if we get blown out by a MAC team in a bowl game? All I am trying to say is that we are on a path forward with a new AD."

Time to re-fire up that AD candidates thread. This poster has a clear and obvious connection to the board and has proven it in the past.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Re: Per Proven Source on EA (Good AD News)

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:34 pm

Explains why Bates wasn't there today.

This does dovetail with the Tom Coughlin rumor that is around for whatever it's worth
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:47 pm

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:48 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16646

The sooner-than-expected exit of butt-cut deserves its own celebratory thread.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:52 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:

Bates is a very nice guy, he's just not very good at his job.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:57 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:

Bates is a very nice guy, he's just not very good at his job.

I celebrate our athletic department's future, not his failure.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby Iggle on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:34 pm

Brad Bates did do something right - he passed over Bob Diaco
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:50 pm

Daz's fate for staying another year is independent of the new AD.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:54 pm

ATL, why should we believe you over Eagles28? Guy is as dialed in as anyone.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:07 pm

Bates was at the game today and I bumped into him on the way out. He seemed really happy, not like a guy who just lost his job. Maybe he got another job? All the rumors point to Bates being out. It will be interesting to see if there will be an announcement about Leahy.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby NaturalLight on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:02 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Bates was at the game today and I bumped into him on the way out. He seemed really happy, not like a guy who just lost his job. Maybe he got another job? All the rumors point to Bates being out. It will be interesting to see if there will be an announcement about Leahy.

I'd be happy too if I was about to be paid a lot of money to not work.
NaturalLight
Carney Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:30 pm

NaturalLight {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Bates was at the game today and I bumped into him on the way out. He seemed really happy, not like a guy who just lost his job. Maybe he got another job? All the rumors point to Bates being out. It will be interesting to see if there will be an announcement about Leahy.

His contract is up in July
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:20 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
NaturalLight {l Wrote}:

Exactly. Does anyone really think there is any chance it will be extended? I sure don't.

They don't have to fire him. Just... stop paying him. If he wants to work for free, that's on Brad.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby NaturalLight on Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:11 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
NaturalLight {l Wrote}:

Exactly. Does anyone really think there is any chance it will be extended? I sure don't.

They don't have to fire him. Just... stop paying him. If he wants to work for free, that's on Brad.

I smell a lawsuit
NaturalLight
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:52 am

NaturalLight {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
NaturalLight {l Wrote}:

I smell a lawsuit

Do you smell what the Dazzler has cooking?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:02 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Explains why Bates wasn't there today.

This does dovetail with the Tom Coughlin rumor that is around for whatever it's worth

Personally, if TC was named AD, it would be great news. I don't think he would take the job without assurances of support from administration that he has control of the situation, and the guy would only take the job with the expectation that he will make this team competitive again. He would be doggedly focused on winning, and would not tolerate a coach without the same perspective.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:51 am

I'm calling BS on this.

Where was he during the halftime ceremony? We also see his car sitting there from the EO Section, it also wasn't in its usual place.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:03 pm

He walked out of his office and down the stairs with the fans exciting the upper deck. There's no reason to make it up, it makes no difference with his status as AD.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:45 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I'm calling BS on this.

Where was he during the halftime ceremony? We also see his car sitting there from the EO Section, it also wasn't in its usual place.

He was def there for the pregame senior day ceremony. Was not on field for the Ryan ceremony.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:00 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:ATL, why should we believe you over Eagles28? Guy is as dialed in as anyone.

Be careful for what you wish for. That thread supposedly also has 28 saying that making a decision on a coach is not constrained by the calendar because our next coach will be someone who wants to be at BC and would wait out any process. Another person on EA is supposedly claiming he knows coaches who claim BC has put feelers out to.

If either of those 2 statements are true, nothing is fucking changing regardless of AD or coach. If our next coach is someone willing to wait for BC, then it means he is someone who has no better opportunities. Essentially... we would still be looking at coaches who will never leave us because no one else wants them. What BC needs to hire is a coach it is lucky to get... not a coach that is lucky to be at BC. The coach needs to be a step-up for the program... not the program being a step up for the coach.

As for the second statement, if BC is already putting feelers out, then it means that Frank and Leo are making the hire. They are just bringing in a new AD to do their bidding and take the fall if their Lemon Party decision turns out sour.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:34 pm

This will probably be a very unpopular post, but whatever. I enjoy being contrarian.

There are things to commend BB for during his tenure:

1) Facilities (B+) - Say what you will about delays and the fact that ground hasn't even been broken yet, but we needed a bigger commitment and we got one. We won't have baby rapists facilities, but they'll certainly be much better. Football field house. New baseball stadium.

2) Scheduling (A-) - Stanford is great even if it's forever from now. Missouri is solid. Purdue -- given the ineptitude of the team right now and likely in the near future -- is at least winnable in 2018. Ohio State hasn't back out, despite expectations from all that it would. Personally, I like the UConn, UMass and Temple series. The whalepants will love Holy Cross. And in retrospect the creampuff 2016 schedule (which was absolutely disgraceful and disgusting without a single decent OOC opponent) was exactly what we needed to (hopefully) get 6 wins and a bowl game.

3) Coaching Budget (B+) - The actual hires are another matter, but the fact of the matter is that BC was always one of the cheapest P5 schools in paying for coaches. Daz is well paid. Christian is fairly well paid. We've also managed to budget for some decent assistant coaches in revenue sports. At the very least this is a step in the right direction and a good precedent and will allow the next AD more flexibility in cleaning house.

That's about it.

Barring a miracle about-face from Daz, finishing with 7 wins this year and actually growing the team in the next few years to be consistently #4 or #5 in the Atlantic with 7-9 wins consistently... barring that, the football hire was a disaster. Not only in terms of results, but also frankly in misreading Daz's personality. More than wins-and-losses, BB sold us on Daz being a "BC Guy." That's pretty laughable right now. And if Christian can't turn things around well then the combo of Daz and Christian is just a massive stain on BB's legacy.

If somehow Daz can become the new TOB and Christian works out, it's even possible BB's tenure goes down as a success.
Last edited by dtwalrus on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:16 pm

Are any of these people on this EA thread from Houston? If not, eff all of this noise. Houston or bust. BUST.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:37 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:"BC will introduce a new AD within the next 30 days. The new AD will determine the future of Adazzio."

"It remains to be seen whether the new AD will stand by the commitments that have been made. Who knows what that Ad will inherit ? 6-6 or 5-7 .if 6-6 what happens if we beat a power 5 team in a bowl game? What happens if we get blown out by a MAC team in a bowl game? All I am trying to say is that we are on a path forward with a new AD."

Time to re-fire up that AD candidates thread. This poster has a clear and obvious connection to the board and has proven it in the past.

It's vague enough to mean anything. It's been an open secret that Bates was not coming back after his contract expires. Hiring a new AD for the start of the new year is to be expected. Of course he will evaluate Addazio. That's his job.

I guess a win next week means Christmas in Detroit? Shouldn't that be a reason to fire Addazio?
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:24 pm

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:"BC will introduce a new AD within the next 30 days. The new AD will determine the future of Adazzio."

It's vague enough to mean anything. It's been an open secret that Bates was not coming back after his contract expires. Hiring a new AD for the start of the new year is to be expected. Of course he will evaluate Addazio. That's his job.

I guess a win next week means Christmas in Detroit? Shouldn't that be a reason to fire Addazio?

Hiring a new AD before the New Year is not to be expected, because Bates' contract runs with the academic year. Therefore, a hire in the next 30 days would significantly speed up the timeline.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:46 pm

HJS: I thought Leo Sullivan retired? I could not agree more with your comment about hiring a coach that wants to be at BC. That sounds like Jack Bicknell Jr. Is their guy.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:14 pm

I would be shocked if the 30 day thing is true. I believe an announcement on Bates could happen in 30 days, but there is no way they have an outsider on board within 30 days. Hell, they lose nearly a whole week during this period and also effectively shutdown at Christmas. If they have a new AD on in 30 days, that means it is Hegarty or Gallup and both would be bad news (Hegarty less bad, but still bad).
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:21 pm

gallup would be really bad news for vinny because the gucci hat would be dead - it would be polo hats forever
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:26 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I would be shocked if the 30 day thing is true. I believe an announcement on Bates could happen in 30 days, but there is no way they have an outsider on board within 30 days. Hell, they lose nearly a whole week during this period and also effectively shutdown at Christmas. If they have a new AD on in 30 days, that means it is Hegarty or Gallup and both would be bad news (Hegarty less bad, but still bad).

Or the culture is actually changing, the BOT has been doing this very quietly, and, as Eagles28 on EA has said, we will be bringing in an impressive name.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:29 pm

I still enjoy all the connected people on EagleAction, why'd we blow that taco stand again? Had we stayed, we might have a team full of Houston recruits. And a daywalker still patrolling the sidelines going 8-5 at a place where you can only win 9 games.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:38 pm

This thread is dumb.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium