Leahy to announce retirement

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Leahy to announce retirement

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:19 pm

Leahy is set to announce his retirement this month effective either Jan 1st or in May. Most likely replacement is Fr. Jack Butler - football Chaplin. Bates will be out as we all assumed. There is some truth to the BOB rumors, but it's still speculation. His wife is sick and Boston is a good place to get care, but so is Houston with the MD Anderson Cancer Center. They are selling their cape house, not sure if that means anything.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Re: Leahy to announce retirement

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:44 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Leahy is set to announce his retirement this month effective either Jan 1st or in May. Most likely replacement is Fr. Jack Butler - football Chaplin. Bates will be out as we all assumed. There is some truth to the BOB rumors, but it's still speculation. His wife is sick and Boston is a good place to get care, but so is Houston with the MD Anderson Cancer Center. They are selling their cape house, not sure if that means anything.

1) Who's wife? Pretty sure Leahy & Butler are not married.
B. BOB rumors?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:47 pm

Is FBI Director Comey the source, or is this an April Fools teaser out of season? ?
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:55 pm

BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:55 pm

Leahy has been retiring for years. I'll believe it when I see it. No chance it is effective Jan 1.
I've been thinking that Jack Butler might be the gregarious type of replacement they'd seek. But, the BOT hasn't done any sort of search yet... and they'd most certainly do an extensive one before falling back to someone on staff.
Claiming BOB's wife has cancer is a pretty massive rumor that far exceeds normal decorum. If true (which I doubt), it has not yet been made public.
BOB has a kid, however, with Lissencephaly.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:35 pm

I am aware of Bill O'Brien's kid, but his wife being sick is the first I ever heard of that. I asked twice and got the same answer, but my source could be confusing with his kid illness. As I said that is more rumor and speculation, but it is another source about BOB having interest in BC. I don't see it happening, wishful thinking.

Leahy's retirement is from 2 sources both claim it's been known that he wanted to retire after the capital campaign. May makes the most sense, he will be 70. Point is it won't be 5 years. I don't know Fr Jack Butler, but there is no reason that they cannot promote from within and relatively quickly given the lack of Jesuits to choose from. With Bates leaving and Leahy retiring, getting a President quickly is essential. They are losing 20 million per year on athletics.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Iggle on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:05 pm

the capital campaign can't be done, they haven't raised the money to fill in the corners.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:18 pm

you continuously cite this $20mm loss figure but its all just accounting and how BC wants to present it (i.e. how they handle scholarships). Its not real. If the loss is actually $20mm, then just drop to 1AA, it makes no sense to continue all this because filling Alumni (even with the corners) wont ever cover that loss.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:19 pm

No way on Butler; I'd believe in BOB wanting to come here is more likely (which I don't.) Just reading Butler's bio from this release shows there's no way a board of trustees, the peopel with the legal repsonsibility, to give this guy the head job at one of the country's best schools. You have 27 other Jesuit universities to pluck an experienced president from, which is how BC got Leahy and how they got Monan before him.
http://www.bc.edu/offices/pubaf/news/20 ... 02010.html
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:48 pm

TYRANTS!!!!!
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby flakes on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:12 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:you continuously cite this $20mm loss figure but its all just accounting and how BC wants to present it (i.e. how they handle scholarships). Its not real. If the loss is actually $20mm, then just drop to 1AA, it makes no sense to continue all this because filling Alumni (even with the corners) wont ever cover that loss.

BCAD made $64 million in 2011...I can't imagine there's been an $80mil turnaround in 5 years. Also, there's a $2.2 billion endowment that goes un-taxed. I don't know what % of that goes toward athletics (have to imagine it's very small), but there should never be a worry about athletics...unless Daz sticks around for another year.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:19 pm

Light the World campaign raised $2.6b
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:30 pm

The mythical $20 million number comes from BC pretending that they are outlaying the full cost of attending for each athlete on scholarship in order to engage in advanced book cookery.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:38 pm

I don't believe this. Eaglekeeper is the most delusional person on this board.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The mythical $20 million number comes from BC pretending that they are outlaying the full cost of attending for each athlete on scholarship in order to engage in advanced book cookery.

Exactly. The idea that if we weren't D1 that all those spots in the student body that are currently occupied by scholarship student athletes would be magically replaced by the same number of students who would be paying the full tuition is ludacrisp.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:28 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The mythical $20 million number comes from BC pretending that they are outlaying the full cost of attending for each athlete on scholarship in order to engage in advanced book cookery.

Exactly. The idea that if we weren't D1 that all those spots in the student body that are currently occupied by scholarship student athletes would be magically replaced by the same number of students who would be paying the full tuition is ludacrisp.

All non cash expenses are imaginary and opportunity costs are an old wives' tale conjured up to scare disobedient kids into doing their farm chores
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:29 pm

what about the cost for an opportunity to go climb a glacier?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:34 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:what about the cost for an opportunity to go climb a glacier?

Well there's no recovering from a zing of that quality

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:37 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:what about the cost for an opportunity to go climb a glacier?

just trying to hit you at your level, mrs christian
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:40 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

just trying to hit you at your level, mrs christian

Your insults are too devastating I can't bear to go on

Looks like it's ritual suicide for me again

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:48 pm

good god please let it be true this time. being called salt queen is far too devastating for my psyche and i don't think i can stand it any longer
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:50 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:I don't believe this. Eaglekeeper is the most delusional person on this board.

The thread should have started and ended with this.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:55 pm

Leahy may announce his retirement in the new year but the replacement process won't be that simple. I highly doubt they promote from within. With Georgetown now run by a lay person, BC is now one of the premier jobs in the order.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:good god please let it be true this time. being called salt queen is far too devastating for my psyche and i don't think i can stand it any longer

Whatever you say, Mrs. Morton.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:01 pm

I suppose Butler could be an interim president while the BOT conducts a national search. Leahy was not the president of Marquette, just an assistant to the president. He was the guy that paid the restaurant bill and arrange the transportation.

Capital campaign raised approximately 1.3 billion of which 303 million was raised from the Flynn Fund to cover the cost of scholarships over ten years. Their accounting is bogus, but to them it's a loss and they need to do something about it.
Last edited by Eaglekeeper on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:08 pm

Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:56 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:
Capital campaign raised approximately 1.3 billion of which 303 million was raised from the Flynn Fund to cover the cost of scholarships over ten years. Their accounting is bogus, but to them it's a loss and they need to do something about it.

Lol
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:13 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I suppose Butler could be an interim president while the BOT conducts a national search. Leahy was not the president of Marquette, just an assistant to the president. He was the guy that paid the restaurant bill and arrange the transportation.

There is no need for an interim president while the BOT conducts a national search. The reason? Because, Leahy would simply just remain the president. Unless, of course, you are making up another fiction that results in Leahy's death along with that of BOB's wife. Can we change the thread to "Unofficial Corners makes up shit and talks nonsense thread". Thanks in advance.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:20 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I suppose Butler could be an interim president while the BOT conducts a national search. Leahy was not the president of Marquette, just an assistant to the president. He was the guy that paid the restaurant bill and arrange the transportation.

There is no need for an interim president while the BOT conducts a national search. The reason? Because, Leahy would simply just remain the president. Unless, of course, you are making up another fiction that results in Leahy's death along with that of BOB's wife. Can we change the thread to "Unofficial Corners makes up shit and talks nonsense thread". Thanks in advance.

I say with all sincerity that you are much better at this than corners.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:32 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Even when Leahy does "retire," I expect he will join the faculty and teach history classes. I don't think he's physically going to leave.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium