Leahy to announce retirement

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Leahy to announce retirement

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:23 am

I did not say that BC needed an interim president. That was in response to your negative view of Butler. With Leahy's retirement and Bates leaving one would think that BC has a plan to allow the new President to hire the next AD, unless Leahy is going to make that hire. You would think that BC would have a succession plan or at least a few candidates in mind to replace Leahy. He is going to be 70 next year and he has told the BOT that he wanted to retire after the capital campaign ended. This is not news to them. Do the Trustees really need a year long search to find a successor.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:36 am

Not ceding the point that any of this isn't made up, but how BC would it be if we got 7 years of Addazio because we can't fire the coach until we have an AD for the search, and we can't hire an AD until we find a new president...
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:35 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I did not say that BC needed an interim president. That was in response to your negative view of Butler. With Leahy's retirement and Bates leaving one would think that BC has a plan to allow the new President to hire the next AD, unless Leahy is going to make that hire. You would think that BC would have a succession plan or at least a few candidates in mind to replace Leahy. He is going to be 70 next year and he has told the BOT that he wanted to retire after the capital campaign ended. This is not news to them. Do the Trustees really need a year long search to find a successor.

It took BC almost two years to find Leahy after Monan announced his retirement.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby basselope on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:50 am

Father Jack rules!

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:24 pm

For what it's worth, I liked Fr. Butler as a Leahy replacement from the minute I met the guy. Charismatic, in touch with younger alums (ran the late night mass), very much into athletics.

Leahy needs to go.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:32 pm

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:For what it's worth, I liked Fr. Butler as a Leahy replacement from the minute I met the guy. Charismatic, in touch with younger alums (ran the late night mass), very much into athletics.

Leahy needs to go.

Since I could care less about BCs USWNR ranking, they need to find someone who gets athletics in the modern landscape.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:29 am

Growing calls for BC president Leahy to step down after allegations of sexual assault surface about former priest

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/1387229336709763079
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:37 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:Growing calls for BC president Leahy to step down after allegations of sexual assault surface about former priest

This is a more in-depth piece: https://www.bcheights.com/2021/04/26/co ... legations/

As I read everything, the Dziak guy was a prick. He was so much of a prick that every year someone would come back from Belize and complain the guy was being an asshole on the trip. It seems that when those complaints made it to Leahy, Dziak left campus (possibly pushed). There is a pretty far way to go from being an unbearable jerk to rape. Dressing both conduct up as "inappropriate" certainly degrades the latter.

Leahy has run his course over a decade ago. Few will be sad to see his retirement. That said, this doesn't seem like a Cardinal Law event (no matter how much the Globe would love for it to be).

Keepers couldn't have been more wrong about anything he posted in this thread.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:42 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:Growing calls for BC president Leahy to step down after allegations of sexual assault surface about former priest

This is a more in-depth piece: https://www.bcheights.com/2021/04/26/co ... legations/

As I read everything, the Dziak guy was a prick. He was so much of a prick that every year someone would come back from Belize and complain the guy was being an asshole on the trip. It seems that when those complaints made it to Leahy, Dziak left campus (possibly pushed). There is a pretty far way to go from being an unbearable jerk to rape. Dressing both conduct up as "inappropriate" certainly degrades the latter.

Leahy has run his course over a decade ago. Few will be sad to see his retirement. That said, this doesn't seem like a Cardinal Law event (no matter how much the Globe would love for it to be).

Keepers couldn't have been more wrong about anything he posted in this thread.

1. Who is it that the Globe is saying are calling for Leahy to resign?
B. Were there any allegations of sexual assault while Dziak was at BC and was any of this brought to Leahy's attention?
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:56 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:...1. Who is it that the Globe is saying are calling for Leahy to resign?

the globe article {l Wrote}:...a petition calling for Leahy’s removal and signed by 400 people after it was launched Tuesday...

i read this as grasping at straws by friends of the globe that don't like bc because bc won't give them their free land back
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium