Dan Mullen Rumor

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Dan Mullen Rumor

Postby Manny on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:03 pm

I have a friend who is a MS State alum and is very loosely connected to their now-former AD. She says the rumor around that godforsaken part of the county goes that Mullen has already been told he's out, and that BC-connected people have already reached out to gauge his interest. Do with that what you will.
Manny
Carney Hall

Re: Dan Mullen Rumor

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:12 pm

I don't know how much of your rumor is true, but there is plenty of speculation about Mullen's future, which is nuts. The SEC is nuts. Mullen's coming off a 9 win season where he went .500 in conference play.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:30 pm

I have no idea if any of it is true but yes please.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:41 pm

I see less reason to disbelieve this than the only other rumor I like, which is Bill O'Brien.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:45 pm

Id prefer Bill O'Brien personally, but Mullen would be another home run type name. He understands college offense enough to take Addazio's talent and instantly produce

With Bates being dead man walking, I really hope there is an adult operating in the background who doesnt blow a potential opportunity (if any of these rumors are true).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:46 pm

I would like to see that play out, however, I doubt it would play out that easily for us. No way Miss State eats his contract when there is a potential buyout floating nearby. For BC to pull that off -- even with Mullen's agent helping broker the deal -- would be a miracle. We have a lame duck AD and even though the BOT is changing, I don't see them changing this quickly or acting that quickly in their first move as a subcommittee.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:46 pm

whats this guys connection here again?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:51 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:whats this guys connection here again?

NH guy like Chip.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Manny on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:51 pm

I have no idea if any of it is true, and she doesn't claim to know it's true. And I promise this isn't like the time I made up a story about BC having made an offer to a basketball coach, just to mess with HJS, and inadvertently contributed to Jay Wright rumors. I'm inclined to say there's little to no truth, first because surely MS St. is smarter than to fire the only good coach they've had in decades, and second because I don't see BC being smart/ambitious enough to read the tea leaves and make the call. My friend did say though that a shocking number of influential people there have insanely unreasonable expectations (i.e., you were number one in the country a few years ago, you've had enough time trying to get back there), and that the ex-AD was Mullen's champion in the face of these dumber people. Now that the AD is off to Florida on 11/1, they're counting down the days on Mullen. No clue who the hell they think they could hire, though.

Again, I have absolutely no belief that BC would even approach him, let alone actually hire him, even if would be pretty close to a home run hire for us.
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:58 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:I have no idea if any of it is true, and she doesn't claim to know it's true. And I promise this isn't like the time I made up a story about BC having made an offer to a basketball coach, just to mess with HJS, and inadvertently contributed to Jay Wright rumors. I'm inclined to say there's little to no truth, first because surely MS St. is smarter than to fire the only good coach they've had in decades, and second because I don't see BC being smart/ambitious enough to read the tea leaves and make the call. My friend did say though that a shocking number of influential people there have insanely unreasonable expectations (i.e., you were number one in the country a few years ago, you've had enough time trying to get back there), and that the ex-AD was Mullen's champion in the face of these dumber people. Now that the AD is off to Florida on 11/1, they're counting down the days on Mullen. No clue who the hell they think they could hire, though.

Again, I have absolutely no belief that BC would even approach him, let alone actually hire him, even if would be pretty close to a home run hire for us.

If the basketball coach wasnt Brian Gregory, then I am surprised at how many people spread online rumors about basketball coaches to mess with HomoKingofdicksJS.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:59 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I would like to see that play out, however, I doubt it would play out that easily for us. No way Miss State eats his contract when there is a potential buyout floating nearby. For BC to pull that off -- even with Mullen's agent helping broker the deal -- would be a miracle. We have a lame duck AD and even though the BOT is changing, I don't see them changing this quickly or acting that quickly in their first move as a subcommittee.

ATL you referenced the BOT stuff in your last periscope, an the potential of starting some type of athletic sub-committee, but what types of changes are happening and what is the time frame of any changes
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:03 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:And I promise this isn't like the time I made up a story about BC having made an offer to a basketball coach, just to mess with HJS, and inadvertently contributed to Jay Wright rumors.

I encourage you to do this more often!
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:21 pm

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:30 pm

Manny {l Wrote}: even if would be pretty close to a home run hire for us.

home run? he's be a GRAND SLAM HIRE!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I would like to see that play out, however, I doubt it would play out that easily for us. No way Miss State eats his contract when there is a potential buyout floating nearby. For BC to pull that off -- even with Mullen's agent helping broker the deal -- would be a miracle. We have a lame duck AD and even though the BOT is changing, I don't see them changing this quickly or acting that quickly in their first move as a subcommittee.

ATL you referenced the BOT stuff in your last periscope, an the potential of starting some type of athletic sub-committee, but what types of changes are happening and what is the time frame of any changes

No idea what the true changes would be other than giving sports the money and university commitment being in the ACC demands. Timetable is unknown to me. the chair changes in January, so that seems like a predictable time. I don't believe it will be in place before the football season ends.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby durkcal on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:00 pm

I have a hard time believing Dan Mullen gets fired. He has a good enough team to get them to 5-7.

The coaches that I think have a good chance to get fired are Brian Kelly (3-9 at best), our own Sarge and Kliff Kingsbury. Not sure if we can target Kelly or Kliff (pretty sure I do not want Kliff).

The best coaches on the hot seat are Charlie Strong and Kirby Smart, but again I think they win enough games to keep the crazies away.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby Manny on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:00 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:http://www.eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16635

Manny
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:04 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:I have a hard time believing Dan Mullen gets fired. He has a good enough team to get them to 5-7.

The coaches that I think have a good chance to get fired are Brian Kelly (3-9 at best), our own Sarge and Kliff Kingsbury. Not sure if we can target Kelly or Kliff (pretty sure I do not want Kliff).

The best coaches on the hot seat are Charlie Strong and Kirby Smart, but again I think they win enough games to keep the crazies away.

Kirby Smart ? Hes in year 1 and has a top 15 recruiting class
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:http://www.eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16635

oh. cancel my initial question in this case
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Mississippi St. opened the season with a loss to South Alabama, which is kind of like us losing to UMass -- it's a D-1 team, but barely. That kind of loss to start the year in the SEC I could see the natives wanting him out. I mean, good God, Georgia fired Richt - in the SEC they all think Nick Saban should be coaching their team.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:05 pm

A lot of programs would be interested in Mullen if he were let go. BC would need to get to him early with an aggressive offer, which has never been BC's style.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:26 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Mississippi St. opened the season with a loss to South Alabama, which is kind of like us losing to UMass -- it's a D-1 team, but barely. That kind of loss to start the year in the SEC I could see the natives wanting him out. I mean, good God, Georgia fired Richt - in the SEC they all think Nick Saban should be coaching their team.

South Alabama would beat us by two touchdowns. South Alabama is where kids who were too dumb and too rapey for the Baby Rapist programs of the SEC end up. They have some athletes.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:44 pm

I'll eat a log of my own shit if Dan Mullen is hired this year.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:40 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:I have no idea if any of it is true, and she doesn't claim to know it's true. And I promise this isn't like the time I made up a story about BC having made an offer to a basketball coach, just to mess with HJS, and inadvertently contributed to Jay Wright rumors. I'm inclined to say there's little to no truth, first because surely MS St. is smarter than to fire the only good coach they've had in decades, and second because I don't see BC being smart/ambitious enough to read the tea leaves and make the call. My friend did say though that a shocking number of influential people there have insanely unreasonable expectations (i.e., you were number one in the country a few years ago, you've had enough time trying to get back there), and that the ex-AD was Mullen's champion in the face of these dumber people. Now that the AD is off to Florida on 11/1, they're counting down the days on Mullen. No clue who the hell they think they could hire, though.

wait, are you the real manny? if so, why are you posting with a new name? is this an angry ty/original angry ty thing? if so, are you the one that played football against notre dame or the one that gets drunk and beats women in nova?

one way you could prove it is to send us a picture of your junk. we still have the picture that you sent us last time and we could compare (using all proper police dating procedures to account for time and gravity)

as to the rumors themselves... there is a better chance of digging up frank leahy and reanimating him to act as our new ad
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby bcfanbetweenthhedges on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:49 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Mississippi St. opened the season with a loss to South Alabama, which is kind of like us losing to UMass -- it's a D-1 team, but barely. That kind of loss to start the year in the SEC I could see the natives wanting him out. I mean, good God, Georgia fired Richt - in the SEC they all think Nick Saban should be coaching their team.

South Alabama would beat us by two touchdowns. South Alabama is where kids who were too dumb and too rapey for the Baby Rapist programs of the SEC end up. They have some athletes.

Not so fast my friend
USA. has one of the best baseball programs
And is well known for it's nursing programs
Far cry from last chance U

Not many thugs take nursing
bcfanbetweenthhedges
Carney Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:00 pm

A trustee friend of mind said that BC needed a proven head coach, not an up and coming coach because the severance cost are killing them. He is just a trustee and they have never been allowed to get involved with selecting coaches, but maybe things are finally bad enough that the BOT will essentially push Leahy out of the process.

Dan Mullin at age 44 would fit that description of what BC could be looking for, but he gets 4.8 million per year. If BC actually makes a move like this, then our best days are just ahead of us. I'm in TRE's and I find it more believable that Frank Leahy will walk through that door before Bill Leahy cedes any power or ever pays 4.8 million
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Manny on Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:29 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

wait, are you the real manny? if so, why are you posting with a new name? is this an angry ty/original angry ty thing? if so, are you the one that played football against notre dame or the one that gets drunk and beats women in nova?

one way you could prove it is to send us a picture of your junk. we still have the picture that you sent us last time and we could compare (using all proper police dating procedures to account for time and gravity)

as to the rumors themselves... there is a better chance of digging up frank leahy and reanimating him to act as our new ad

'Tis I, the poster formerly bearing the name apbc12 but commonly known as Manny, after the outfielder/purveyor of grills. Creator of ChrisKhorey, history1esson, BCMatthewLesko and various lesser aliasses. I forgot the password for my old name, and rather than wait forever for lazy-ass justin to send me a reset, I decided to create a new name, upon which I discovered that the name was already taken. Suspecting I may have taken it myself the last time I forgot my password, I attempted to log in under this name with a password I used years ago for goof off and junk accounts. And here we are.

I agree with your assessment of this rumor, but far be it from me to withhold such hot gossip from the three people here who are still around from my heyday on these here webs. (Seriously though, this is a real rumor. I'm not just messing with Schiano's real doll).
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:33 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:A trustee friend of mind said that BC needed a proven head coach, not an up and coming coach because the severance cost are killing them. He is just a trustee and they have never been allowed to get involved with selecting coaches, but maybe things are finally bad enough that the BOT will essentially push Leahy out of the process.

Dan Mullin at age 44 would fit that description of what BC could be looking for, but he gets 4.8 million per year. If BC actually makes a move like this, then our best days are just ahead of us. I'm in TRE's and I find it more believable that Frank Leahy will walk through that door before Bill Leahy cedes any power or ever pays 4.8 million

I don't understand your post at all. So you want an established coach, who commands a higher salary, who might flame out at BC, who will get a bigger severance package....versus...

...an up and coming coach, who makes less money, who could be successful, and who could leave BC for a better job and wouldn't get a severance.

Also, I don't think Dan Mullen is exactly "up and coming." He's been in the SEC for 7 seasons.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:I'll eat a log of my own shit if Dan Mullen is hired this year.

The Board Tyrants are going to want visual proof if BC somehow pulls off this miracle.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:57 pm

I'm tired of these slick up-and-comers we keep hiring. We need Mack Brown or Larry Coker.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium