Bates has gone

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Bates has gone

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:50 am

...to the bathroom twice today, I suspect.

The first was perhaps a pee stream first thing this morning that wandered but, unlike the famous Tolkein adage, was also lost, an unsteady and inconsistent malinger up and down the bowl in a dazed, hopeless peregrination to nowhere.

The second should have a been a ripe old poop, a forceful unpuckering of hot tires out of a potato cannon. But one of the things I have learned from this board is that SOME PEOPLE DON'T POOP. There are walking dead out there, cursed; raw broccoli and pork chop eatin' invisible motherfuckers, who grunt and squeeze, wrangle and twist, squirm and groan, and hold their breath until their ribs crack and their ears turn the color of a whalepants' gin blossom, but succeed only in sputtering a dry cloud of dust into the bowl, like a leafblower coughing pollen into a puddle.

A lot of noise, a lot of ceremony, a lot of pomp, but no actual substance.

This is certainly a metaphor for Bates' AD tenure here. Pomp, ceremony, noise, and when it comes time to do something of substance, he dry-poops McThinskinazzio into the football office.

Normally, I would have left the metaphors as they were, relying on your intelligence to make the connection. But SOME PEOPLE DONT POOP and still other people are millenial twitter swillers, mouths stuck to social media exhaust pipes like they're whippets, and these people need to be beaten over the head with metaphors or they don't get it.

On a related note, I like BC football, I loathe the BC AD and coaches, and poop is a metaphor for everything. Happy Tuesday and godspeed.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Re: Bates has gone

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:57 am

Early nomination for best application of the Riddle of Strider to bodily functions.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Re: Bates has gone

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:01 pm

artist's rendering - here comes brad bates to save the immobilized bc athletic department and it's revenue programs...

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Return to Alumni Stadium