Bates not going to SDSU (and murder)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bates to SDSU

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:13 am

Thanks for the moving the conversation forward. Tom.

Someone, on EO I think (but I could be thinking of ATL's blog) claimed a week ro two back to have some inside second hand info Bates has been told he won't be renewed.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:16 am

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Someone, on EO I think (but I could be thinking of ATL's blog) claimed a week ro two back to have some inside second hand info Bates has been told he won't be renewed.

I think that was from the FireDaz twitter account.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagletx on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:17 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:At first I hated all the idiots who kept saying Coughlin for HC, but the more I think of it, if timing becomes an issue with all of this, I would be all for bringing in Coughlin in an interim role to fill any timing issues (he has recently said he would coach again and with his age, an interim role would make sense). Keep majority of the staff in place to stabilize recruiting and gives the admin some time to find a new AD and run a HC search process, if you have some success and can push the LT HC issue (and see what happens with certain NFL guys for instance) that becomes another benefit.

No, no, no.....as we all have said, the AD goes first, and let new AD bring in a guy. So, you want Coughlin as your AD. Then you got the guy who knows BC well, has coached here and knows what it takes to win, you have a guy with considerable cache who can strong arm big donors, and you have a guy who will be very good at critically assessing the coaching candidates and with connections that may make some guys who may not otherwise be interested in the job at BC more interested, as with Coughlin at AD, it would demonstrate a commitment to getting this mess turned around.

The disadvantage, I suppose is I have no insight at all what he knows about hoops, but, I still think he could accurately assess the kind of coaching personality it takes to make BC successful.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:21 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Someone, on EO I think (but I could be thinking of ATL's blog) claimed a week ro two back to have some inside second hand info Bates has been told he won't be renewed.

I think that was from the FireDaz twitter account.

Ahh you're right. I can't even get some stoopid rumor right.

I'm on board with what EagleTX just said.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:28 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:At first I hated all the idiots who kept saying Coughlin for HC, but the more I think of it, if timing becomes an issue with all of this, I would be all for bringing in Coughlin in an interim role to fill any timing issues (he has recently said he would coach again and with his age, an interim role would make sense). Keep majority of the staff in place to stabilize recruiting and gives the admin some time to find a new AD and run a HC search process, if you have some success and can push the LT HC issue (and see what happens with certain NFL guys for instance) that becomes another benefit.

No, no, no.....as we all have said, the AD goes first, and let new AD bring in a guy. So, you want Coughlin as your AD. Then you got the guy who knows BC well, has coached here and knows what it takes to win, you have a guy with considerable cache who can strong arm big donors, and you have a guy who will be very good at critically assessing the coaching candidates and with connections that may make some guys who may not otherwise be interested in the job at BC more interested, as with Coughlin at AD, it would demonstrate a commitment to getting this mess turned around.

The disadvantage, I suppose is I have no insight at all what he knows about hoops, but, I still think he could accurately assess the kind of coaching personality it takes to make BC successful.

DIdnt mean him as AD, thats ridiculous. The coughlin thing I was referring to was in regards to people saying Addazio could be in trouble following a Cuse loss. IF he was to be fired mid season, bringing in TC as an interim HC and keeping the rest of the staff in place to stabilize recruiting (and hopefully bring someone in who will get his hands off the offense). Then when bates leaves/is fired, it gives the admin time to run an AD search, have a HC/TC in place, and then let hte new AD make a hire. It will never happen since the broader admin doesnt think like that, which is why a BOT athletic advisory committee (which ATL said seems to be coming) would be ideal to have in place to make/suggest such a decision.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:34 am

tom coughlin coming back 23 years later after a midseason firing to straighten the ship

some of you just live on mars
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Iggle on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:46 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:That was a long time ago, lots of changes since then with our competition getting much better with much better facilities

Your agenda has given you tunnel vision.

We have the worst tunnel in the P5. Unless we improve our tunnel we will never compete.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:53 am

Iggle {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:That was a long time ago, lots of changes since then with our competition getting much better with much better facilities

We have the worst tunnel in the P5. Unless we improve our tunnel we will never compete.

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet... but the dry ice we use for the smoke is simply high school level. Look at the quality smoke provided at places like Miami!!! Unfortunately, so long as Leahy is here, I don't see how we can recruit while asking recruits to walk through inferior fake smoke.

And, don't get me started on the "eagle" screech which is so clearly that of a hawk...
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:55 am

Maybe we could get Jay Wright to take over midseason. I'm sure he knows a little about football.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:19 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Iggle {l Wrote}:

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet... but the dry ice we use for the smoke is simply high school level. Look at the quality smoke provided at places like Miami!!! Unfortunately, so long as Leahy is here, I don't see how we can recruit while asking recruits to walk through inferior fake smoke.

And, don't get me started on the "eagle" screech which is so clearly that of a hawk...

...and what about the foghorn in the hockey rink?! :oldman
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:32 pm

BC's recruiting has been in decline for several years. You can complain all you want about star rankings, but we are not turning out NFL talent like we use to under TOB. Don Brown definitely showed what excellent coaching can accomplish at BC, but he is gone. Bad or average coaching cannot cover up 2 star and 3 star rosters.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:16 am

The first two years, Don Brown showed that excellent offenses can be undone by his terrible defenses. The third year, Don Brown showed his excellent D can carry a terrible offense to 3 wins against terrible teams (but none in the ACC).

Keep going Corners.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:47 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

DIdnt mean him as AD, thats ridiculous. The coughlin thing I was referring to was in regards to people saying Addazio could be in trouble following a Cuse loss. IF he was to be fired mid season, bringing in TC as an interim HC and keeping the rest of the staff in place to stabilize recruiting (and hopefully bring someone in who will get his hands off the offense). Then when bates leaves/is fired, it gives the admin time to run an AD search, have a HC/TC in place, and then let hte new AD make a hire. It will never happen since the broader admin doesnt think like that, which is why a BOT athletic advisory committee (which ATL said seems to be coming) would be ideal to have in place to make/suggest such a decision.

TC may be a pipe dream, but he's a great pipe dream.

1) He's not a home-run hire that we need to lure with money. He's financially secure. The lure is his connection to and affection for BC.

2) He can attract the best assistants to run the offense and the defense.

3) He could instantly change recruiting at BC.

4) He's available.

We have so little to enjoy about BC sports these days, stop crushing the pipe dream fantasies...
Last edited by dtwalrus on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:16 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

TC may be a pipe dream, but he's a great pipe dream.

1) He's not a home-run hire that we don't need to lure with money. He's financially secure. The lure is his connection to and affection for BC.

2) He can attract the best assistants to run the offense and the defense.

3) He could instantly change recruiting at BC.

4) He's available.

We have so little to enjoy about BC sports these days, stop crushing the pipe dream fantasies...

Well said.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby MrAwesomeII on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:26 am

Bill O'Brien
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:00 pm

Vince Lombardi. Jesuit connection.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:02 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Vince Lombardi. Jesuit connection.

This. What if they just put an empty suit in the AD's office and saved the money? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:19 pm

Don Brown in just 3 seasons with 2 and 3 star recruits built the number one defense in the nation. Sorry, HJS, but I value Michigan's opinion of Don Brown more than your limited football knowledge.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:21 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Don Brown in just 3 seasons with 2 and 3 star recruits built the number one defense in the nation. Sorry, HJS, but I value Michigan's opinion of Don Brown more than your limited football knowledge.

Mich hired Brown as a DC, not HC.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:30 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Don Brown in just 3 seasons with 2 and 3 star recruits built the number one defense in the nation. Sorry, HJS, but I value Michigan's opinion of Don Brown more than your limited football knowledge.

take a knee for 24, corners
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MrAwesomeII on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:40 pm

Well, if one were to go by that interview he gave the other day, Jagzzz wants the job and would have things righted in 2 years.

Nevermind that it was his bullshit that ruined things here to begin with.

Jagzzz!
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:58 pm

MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:Well, if one were to go by that interview he gave the other day, Jagzzz wants the job and would have things righted in 2 years.

Nevermind that it was his bullshit that ruined things here to begin with.

Jagzzz!

i take it from this that you wear boss's jizz flavored cologne and bend over for him every time he asks you to, no questions asked. that's the only jags bullshit that i know of... when gdf's weener was out, jags refused to play the role of angrychicken
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:53 pm

brian kelly will be available very soon and looking to rebuild his "brand" . he seems like a choice people think we should make.

:whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby miutbc on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:52 pm

lane kiffin. end of story
miutbc
Carney Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:09 am

miutbc {l Wrote}:lane kiffin. end of story

Lane Kiffin is not walking through that door.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:28 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

exactly. we'd have a better chance of hiring magical lane stadium than we would lane liffin
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:45 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Well Layla Kiffin won't be, at least. Just learned the other week that they divorced.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:11 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Well Layla Kiffin won't be, at least. Just learned the other week that they divorced.

Layla was the best thing about Lane... but, I'd still love to hire him. If you think EA posters got their whalepanties in a bunch over dental hygenists, imagine the rumors that would circulate about Lane crushing half the volleyball team.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:47 am

I know he would never be a real candidate but Kiffin would be a terrible fit. The guy has never had any experience outside or elite, football factories and never worked a place like BC. He also screwed up all three of his head coaching gigs. None were in a better place when he left.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:06 am

we get it - you want ryan day as head coach because he DOES have experience with all those things
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium