nc state weak

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: nc state weak

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:57 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Lashing out at fan criticism is the last stage of a coach's tenure.

Don't forget the "At least we're not in Syria/Iraq/Afghanistan" deflection strategy.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:06 am

I really don't see how Addazio makes it through the next three games. If he loses by more than 10 pts next week, which he will, its very likely to be triple figures to below 20 over the course of three games.

As much as you can't go 0-conference two years in a row, you really, really can't go 0-conference and lose three games in a row to the tune of 100+ to like 17.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:13 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I really don't see how Addazio makes it through the next three games. If he loses by more than 10 pts next week, which he will, its very likely to be triple figures to below 20 over the course of three games.

As much as you can't go 0-conference two years in a row, you really, really can't go 0-conference and lose three games in a row to the tune of 100+ to like 17.

The thing about going 0-fer last year was that most really were close losses, so it was easy to deflect and say "Well if things had gone a little bit differently..." This year he is getting blown out and that becomes a completely different narrative and one that is harder to shrug away.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:24 am

to suggest that games other than wake was really all that close is costco game analysis. cracking the rock and running the clock helps to keep the opposing offense out of the end zone but all that leads to is a 0-0 tie. at no point last year or this do i have any hope that the offense will actually score when they get the ball. my hope is for a first down or two to try to get more of the game behind us before we punt, fumble or throw the ball to the guy in the other colored jersey.

we need a cuse like firing where the fan base is informed that the ball of useless energy will be gone at the end of the season. he can have his farewell tour, the kids can openly acknowledge they are trying to win one for the dead man walking, and the fan base can breath easy knowing we'll only have 5 more games of him acting like a fuckface and speaking like a moron ahead of us. i think even the biggest wrestling fans would have to give him a valid send off...

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:31 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I really don't see how Addazio makes it through the next three games. If he loses by more than 10 pts next week, which he will, its very likely to be triple figures to below 20 over the course of three games.

The average score of our games in the ACC this year:

Them: 37.5
Us: 11

The average score of our games last year in the ACC:

Them: 18.4
Us: 9

I actually think its possible that 26 point spread widens over the next 4 games. I think @FSU, Louisville, @Wake and @NC State is harder than neutral v. GT, @VT, Clemson, Cuse

If one wants to make the argument that the conference is stronger this year than last, i'd listen (though i think its not much better). But how does that excuse us getting worse? Because clearly that is what is happening.
Last edited by commavegarage on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:31 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:to suggest that games other than wake was really all that close is costco game analysis. cracking the rock and running the clock helps to keep the opposing offense out of the end zone but all that leads to is a 0-0 tie. at no point last year or this do i have any hope that the offense will actually score when they get the ball. [/img]

Well, other than that whole drove it down to the goal line and fumbled and drove it to the goal line and let the clock run out, yeah, the rest of the time it did not feel like they could score.

Felt like BC could score enough to win Duke, Wake and ND, bare minimum last season.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles66 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:35 am

Things Daz blames for his horrific record:

1.) Youth (his fourth year, his roster, and some actual talent in the senior class).
2.) Scheduling (he lost to a previously 3-4 SU team despite coming off a bye week and to a VERY poor GT team DESPITE HAVING ALL OFFSEASON TO PLAN FOR THE GIMMICK OFFENSE! As a coach, you literally can't ask for anything better than starting with GT. You have more time than any other team to prepare.)
3.) Injuries (we probably have been the luckiest team with regards to injuries thus far. We lost a C in a blowout to Clemson. Hilliman missed SU but that may have been a blessing given Jones has outperformed him.)
4.) Having to play on the road.
5.) WRs (if they suck so bad, why not try other players such as Glines, Borgensen, T. Smith, White....)
6.) The "throw game"
7.) Twitter/social media
8.) Youth
9.) Spaz/prior regime
10.) Inexperience
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:35 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:to suggest that games other than wake was really all that close is costco game analysis. cracking the rock and running the clock helps to keep the opposing offense out of the end zone but all that leads to is a 0-0 tie. at no point last year or this do i have any hope that the offense will actually score when they get the ball. [/img]

Well, other than that whole drove it down to the goal line and fumbled and drove it to the goal line and let the clock run out, yeah, the rest of the time it did not feel like they could score.

Felt like BC could score enough to win Duke, Wake and ND, bare minimum last season.

oh yeah, forgot about duke. that was another one that was close, but the offense still sucked enough to know they didn't "deserve" it.

i'm agreeing that wake was a shitshow and that's the only game (as i noted) that i feel could have gone either way
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:40 am

This team should have won 6 games this year. This is all on Daziani for somehow finding a way to fuck
this up. I still can't believe we have only won 3 games as of yet.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:42 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

oh yeah, forgot about duke. that was another one that was close, but the offense still sucked enough to know they didn't "deserve" it.

i'm agreeing that wake was a shitshow and that's the only game (as i noted) that i feel could have gone either way

They needed a ton of turnovers and didn't move the ball until the second half, but ND was a game that they could have scored enough to win. Other than those three though, I agree. And you definitely would have had to Costco the L'Ville game to think they had a shot in the fourth down 17-14. They never crossed midfield, Flutie was 4-10 with 2 sacks, and they fumbled twice but were lucky to recover.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:45 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:we'll only have 5 more games of him acting like a fuckface[/img]

Holy shit, are there really 5 games left? It feels like the end of the season now. I suppose it already is in many aspects.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:46 am

hansen {l Wrote}:This team should have won 6 games this year. This is all on Daziani for somehow finding a way to fuck

what are the other 3 games we should have won? i could see maybe gtech but other than that, not so much
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:47 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:we'll only have 5 more games of him acting like a fuckface[/img]

Holy shit, are there really 5 games left? It feels like the end of the season now. I suppose it already is in many aspects.

i know, i went from 3-4 to realizing we have 5 more games to getting more depressed
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:50 am

hansen {l Wrote}:This team should have won 6 games this year. This is all on Daziani for somehow finding a way to fuck

what are the other 3 games we should have won? i could see maybe gtech but other than that, not so much

GTech and Cuse is it. Last year they should have had two more as well. Three is reaching in either year.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:12 pm

I think my favorite part of yesterday's press conference was when he got defensive at the kid who asked about the defensive breakdowns that happen this year that haven't happened in the past.

daz fired back and then walked us down a history of breakdowns while don brown was here (ped state, clemson, Colorado state, arizona, etc.) so that was nice for another kick in the junk

the kid has a point, reid has allowed 49+ points 2x (with ville & free shoes u potentially on the way) in 7 games, brown never did it. brown only allowed over 31 2x in the final 3 years (teh clem last year - 34 & ville in the coldest game at alumni in daz's tenure- 38)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:22 pm

#beadudethatblameseverythingonotherpeople(thatprobablyarentreallydudes)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:28 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Glass half full: he didn't go to one of his tired old excuses for not winning a conference game in two years. :shrug

Glass half empty: it's everybody else's fault he hasn't won a conference game in two years

He's grasping at straws.

exactly. You can hear the desperation in his voice. It's a combination of Baghdad Bob and Shelley Levene from Glengarry Glen Ross.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:58 pm

Cuse, wake, uconn

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:08 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:Glass half full: he didn't go to one of his tired old excuses for not winning a conference game in two years. :shrug

Glass half empty: it's everybody else's fault he hasn't won a conference game in two years

He's grasping at straws.

exactly. You can hear the desperation in his voice. It's a combination of Baghdad Bob and Shelley Levene from Glengarry Glen Ross.

Word on the street is that he has taken away access from tubarection "reporters". Good thing they don't know who is reporting for EO. We're still on the inside. :shock:
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:09 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

He's grasping at straws.

Word on the street is that he has taken away access from tubarection "reporters". Good thing they don't know who is reporting for EO. We're still on the inside. :shock:

What provoked this?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:10 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

He's grasping at straws.

What provoked this?

Agenda-laced articles
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:11 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

He's grasping at straws.

what street it that, lollipop lane?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:13 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

He's grasping at straws.

What kind of "access" did they have?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:17 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

He's grasping at straws.

What provoked this?

Agenda-laced articles

As the losing has intensified, the transcripts from Coach Thinskin's press conferences have become harder and harder to come by. I don't this is by accident. If coach thinkskin stopped worrying what people on message boards are saying about him as well as on the twitter machines (and used that time to focus on actually coaching the team) then maybe we would win some fucking games.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:18 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

He's grasping at straws.

What kind of "access" did they have?

shower and band room
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Salzano14 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:41 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

He's grasping at straws.

We never had any sort of access beyond just an occasional credential. We don't go to press conferences or interview players or coaches or anything like that.

The new guy, Jason Baum, asked to meet up with Joe last week, and when he met up with him Baum basically launched into how he doesn't like how negative BCI hockeyruption is. Joe said we're not going to stop criticizing things that deserve criticism and reminded them that they have no leverage on us to make us do so (because we don't have any "access" for them to take away).

Baum didn't like that and after a little more back and forth he apparently had Joe escorted out. Joe then emailed Baum and the rest of the athletic department rescinding our outstanding request for hoops credentials (and a photo credential) and said if there's anything else we can do to eliminate any conflict of interest we might have by associating with athletics, to please let us know.

I know that sounds like I'm trying to toot our own tuba about what happened but that's exactly how it went down. It sounded like Joe was in control of Baum's own meeting. I wish I could have been there.

The fact that this whole radio show thing about him taking shots at people "on social media" happened just days after Joe's meetup with Baum is just fantastic. They mad.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:48 pm

Who is Jason Baum?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:49 pm

If they were really mad they would have taken away your women's hockey credentials
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:52 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Who is Jason Baum?

He's the new associate AD for communications

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:If they were really mad they would have taken away your women's hockey credentials

Ha... I'm not even sure if that's a thing
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:53 pm

Not to rain on your parade, toobz, but it sounds like bci got the short end of the stick in that battle of wits.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium