must win games

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

must win games

Postby rktbrkr on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:55 am

Does this team have any "must win" games or is 3 wins enough to keep the ole Sarge at his post. I'd like to think UConn is a must win game,the best team in New England thingy but BC seems to thrive on humiliation.

I think Weak is a possible must win because of the ACC loss streak thingy.

This team is truly unwatchable,two consecutive "blue light special" head coaches. This is going to be a very tough turnaround, they'll have to lay out some serious money to bring in a talented young coach who will be hired away pronto if he can make miracles.

I literally can't watch more than a few minutes on espn3
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Re: must win games

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:59 am

something about the word "thingy" makes me uneasy.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:11 am

I'm assuming "Sarge" is Addazio. He's coming back next year, barring a major shakeup of the administration. I was told over the weekend that Leahy personally guaranteed Addazio that he would have the time to rebuild the program. That was last year when he was hiring coaches. Addazio said he had to offer two year contracts and Leahy agreed to it.

Bates will be replaced in the spring unless he lands another job soon. They have not started the search for a new AD yet. That's for next year.

Welcome to Hell
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:18 am

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:I'm assuming "Sarge" is Addazio. He's coming back next year, barring a major shakeup of the administration. I was told over the weekend that Leahy personally guaranteed Addazio that he would have the time to rebuild the program. That was last year when he was hiring coaches. Addazio said he had to offer two year contracts and Leahy agreed to it.

Bates will be replaced in the spring unless he lands another job soon. They have not started the search for a new AD yet. That's for next year.

Welcome to Hell

Assistant contracts won't mean a thing when it's time to decide on Addazio. If you can rationalize an Addazio buyout then the asst salary is immaterial.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:19 am

hey rocket breaker - while you're not watching the teams as much as you used to, maybe you should also post to this message board less than you used to.

i think a reasonable posting goal for you would be... "never"
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Brooklyneagle on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:28 am

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:I'm assuming "Sarge" is Addazio. He's coming back next year, barring a major shakeup of the administration. I was told over the weekend that Leahy personally guaranteed Addazio that he would have the time to rebuild the program. That was last year when he was hiring coaches. Addazio said he had to offer two year contracts and Leahy agreed to it.

Welcome to Hell

Sounds all too plausible. But the counterargument has to be that Addazio is clearly not rebuilding the program and is not keeping his end of the bargain, so there's no need to wait. In recruiting and on-field performance, the signs all point in the opposite direction: down, way down.

A big part of Leahy's legacy is going to be massive bungling in management of the athletic department with long-term fallout for the cultivation of alumni/ae loyalty -- all of which will have significant financial impacts..
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:51 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:something about the word "thingy" makes me uneasy.

it's all in your mind
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:04 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:hey rocket breaker - while you're not watching the teams as much as you used to, maybe you should also post to this message board less than you used to.

it's really hard not to comment on such a pathetic situation, sorry if it bunches your panties. Be a Dude!

I guess you had to suffer thru the "BC won't be competitive in ACC guff" down there and the guffaws now
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:10 am

how does a uconn fan have nearly 2k posts on a bc board?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:19 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:how does a uconn fan have nearly 2k posts on a bc board?

Because the eight people who post here are more entertaining than the entire membership over at The Boneyard?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:25 am

rktbrkr {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:hey rocket breaker - while you're not watching the teams as much as you used to, maybe you should also post to this message board less than you used to.

it's really hard not to comment on such a pathetic situation, sorry if it bunches your panties. Be a Dude!

I guess you had to suffer thru the "BC won't be competitive in ACC guff" down there and the guffaws now

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:33 am

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:

Welcome to Hell

Sounds all too plausible. But the counterargument has to be that Addazio is clearly not rebuilding the program and is not keeping his end of the bargain, so there's no need to wait. In recruiting and on-field performance, the signs all point in the opposite direction: down, way down.

A big part of Leahy's legacy is going to be massive bungling in management of the athletic department with long-term fallout for the cultivation of alumni/ae loyalty -- all of which will have significant financial impacts..

I would not have bothered going to the game, but I had an invite because I was in town for other things. I was stunned by both the diminished enthusiasm and the resignation of the people I was with on Saturday. Some of them are involved with fundraising and on-campus events, having donated often over many years. No one came out and said it, but the general tone was that this is going to be the way it is for the long haul. Athletics are not a priority. People are still writing checks and the donors still come running when Leahy calls, so maybe he has it right. They do not seem to be missing my check. No one bothered to call when I did not send it.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:54 am

Welcome to Hell

Not that I don't believe you, but if I wanted to troll BC football fans, this is exactly how I'd do it.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:51 pm

Welcome to Hell

Your sarge info is stale. There is a major caveat on any promises that were made to Sarge, they did not count on back to back winless seasons. There has been a major shift by Fr. Leahy (sometimes referred to as Leahyhoo) on Dazziani. The odds on him coming back next year are very low and getting lower each week. The Bates information is true. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:55 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:

Welcome to Hell

Your sarge info is stale. There is a major caveat on any promises that were made to Sarge, they did not count on back to back winless seasons. There has been a major shift by Fr. Leahy (sometimes referred to as Leahyhoo) on Dazziani. The odds on him coming back next year are very low and getting lower each week. The Bates information is true. :ace

Looks like my "sarge info" was fresh after all. Addazio will be back next year no matter what.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:00 pm

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Welcome to Hell

Looks like my "sarge info" was fresh after all. Addazio will be back next year no matter what.

I have hope in EA posters with clear connections to the board who state otherwise
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:08 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Welcome to Hell

I have hope in EA posters with clear connections to the board who state otherwise

Hopefully the athletic department being run by morons, which translated to the Donahue mess, rears its head again with this information.

Who could the sources be that would say this ? I imagine Sully doesnt have access to the BOT, assuming Bates is out, who in the athletic department would be able to say anything in regards to Addazio's safety ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:24 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Welcome to Hell

Who could the sources be that would say this ? I imagine Sully doesnt have access to the BOT, assuming Bates is out, who in the athletic department would be able to say anything in regards to Addazio's safety ?

Answer: no one but that is what they are saying without stating the fact that Bates is a deadmanwalking.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:35 pm

What good does it do to replace Bates with another puppet AD? It's Leahy and his minions that are hiring the coaches and extending contracts. They are now scrambling to get an IPF built after the embarrassing 2 years of football and hoops. These bafoons have destroyed our fan base and made us the laughing stock of the ACC. Leahy will be going onto his 4th AD in 20 years, pathetic to say the least.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:46 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:What good does it do to replace Bates with another puppet AD? It's Leahy and his minions that are hiring the coaches and extending contracts. They are now scrambling to get an IPF built after the embarrassing 2 years of football and hoops. These bafoons have destroyed our fan base and made us the laughing stock of the ACC. Leahy will be going onto his 4th AD in 20 years, pathetic to say the least.

"bafoons"
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:00 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:What good does it do to replace Bates with another puppet AD? It's Leahy and his minions that are hiring the coaches and extending contracts.

You think Leahy pushed for the contract extensions?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:43 pm

Anyone who thinks they have any definitive scoop -- including me -- is full of $hit. We have a eunuch AD, a president with one foot out the door and a BOT power struggle. This is far from over. The last coach to try to take control of this sort of situation -- Donahue -- was fired less than 24 hours after his power move.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium