I am against a mid season coaching change

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: I am against a mid season coaching change

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:42 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:The problem with Daz being allowed to finish out the season is, maybe he closes it out with wins against Uconn and Wake, and all the squishy invertebrates around and involved in our program think "well he showed improvement and there were some close losses, maybe we give him one more year"

Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:43 am

i wonder if bates gets one more year now.

the popular opinion says no way, but what kind of quality AD candidate will you get who cant choose his coaches? Preferably a new AD gets to come in with the authority to can jimmy mac and the clown
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:46 am

Eh, I think people can be happy they won and got a bowl and some extra practice without liking the coach. The coach stinks. You are right, he is probably here because he won two games he always should have won, and there is a false sense of improvement over a time when they lost 2 other games that they should have won (GT/Cuse), making it a decent season. You are also right that even winning 8 games would not have excused the stink of the size of the blowouts, and the complete loss of the team, in the other four games.

I think he should be gone even at 6-6 and think that there is an awful lot of bad coaching and embarrassment in the right-hand six. But I'm glad the team is going to a bowl, and I am glad they are getting to practice for three more weeks.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:55 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i wonder if bates gets one more year now.

the popular opinion says no way, but what kind of quality AD candidate will you get who cant choose his coaches? Preferably a new AD gets to come in with the authority to can jimmy mac and the clown

I think the football season is independent of Bates status. Bates is being excused in large part due to an inability to raise money, I think that is the main driver in his dismissal. I dont think that anyone at BC would consider this season a success, one that would save Bates job, but are balancing the perceived "improvement" as a way to hide being cheap and not wanting to pay the buyout.

To that point, does anyone know the terms of Addazio's buyout ? Does it drop after a certain point if he stays employed here.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:58 am

i wonder if daz is canned had he not gotten that ridiculous extension.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:03 am

i'm just excited that the retention of ts slaughter won't cause any disruption to the recruiting he's been able to do so far
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:04 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

I think the football season is independent of Bates status. Bates is being excused in large part due to an inability to raise money, I think that is the main driver in his dismissal. I dont think that anyone at BC would consider this season a success, one that would save Bates job, but are balancing the perceived "improvement" as a way to hide being cheap and not wanting to pay the buyout.

To that point, does anyone know the terms of Addazio's buyout ? Does it drop after a certain point if he stays employed here.

I was with some of the same people for Wake as I was for Syracuse. They still say Bates is out and it has nothing to do with the results on the field. Bates never fit in and has no support on campus. He's a nice guy, but just a terrible fit for the school. Having met him a few times, he reminds me of a branch manager at a bank or the deli manager at the supermarket. There's just no presence to him. I wonder how he ever made it to this point.

As to Addazio, he will be fighting for an extension next year. That will be in the hands of the next AD.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:09 am

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

I was with some of the same people for Wake as I was for Syracuse. They still say Bates is out and it has nothing to do with the results on the field. Bates never fit in and has no support on campus. He's a nice guy, but just a terrible fit for the school. Having met him a few times, he reminds me of a branch manager at a bank or the deli manager at the supermarket. There's just no presence to him. I wonder how he ever made it to this point.

As to Addazio, he will be fighting for an extension next year. That will be in the hands of the next AD.

Fighting for an extension ? I think you mean fighting to not get canned. If a new AD comes here and extends him for any season short of winning the ACC they should be fired on the spot, that would be borderline criminal.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:... and I am glad they are getting to practice for three more weeks.

But it's practice time with Daz.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:25 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:... and I am glad they are getting to practice for three more weeks.

You convinced me, they shouldn't practice at all.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

now you sound like me...

am i the only one that assumes that ts slaughter is going to run towlie with the 1st team for this three weeks of practices and trot him out as the starting quarterback for the game in shrevetroit?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:36 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

now you sound like me...

am i the only one that assumes that ts slaughter is going to run towlie with the 1st team for this three weeks of practices and trot him out as the starting quarterback for the game in shrevetroit?

They'll all get reps, which are valuable, but yes, I expect him to reward Towlie with the start.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:47 pm

I'll happily point out that we could have fired Daz after either the 3rd or 4th rocketshipping, replaced him with an electrified idiot box, and still beaten Uconn...thus earning us the mythical and priceless extra practices. Firing the coach midseason might have cost us a couple of recruits though.

Imagine if Paye and Daniels left
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:01 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I'll happily point out that we could have fired Daz after either the 3rd or 4th rocketshipping, replaced him with an electrified idiot box, and still beaten Uconn...thus earning us the mythical and priceless extra practices. Firing the coach midseason might have cost us a couple of recruits though.

If we fired Daz midseason and then beat UConn and Wake, it most likely that the interim tag would be removed from PaulP... and we would have to live with that decision for 4 years.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:20 pm

Look, it didn't happen. We still have Daz and will still have him in 2017.

Try to look on the bright side. For instance, it is absolutely amazing to read ATL's post on the Wake game where he describes Daz calling PP over to discuss whether to accept the "Running into the Kicker" penalty. We've all bashed on Daz for his game mismanagement and bashed on him even more for his stubbornness in addressing it in any way. Well, it looks like someone's gotten through to him and he's not just relying on his (misguided) gut. This is real progress.

Basically, I like BC football more than I hate Daz. So let's go! Players get a bowl season's worth of practice, another off-season of growth and development, the line gets another year to figure it out, and hopefully Daz continues to improve on his own miscues. Short of Daz getting fired, what more do you want?
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I'll happily point out that we could have fired Daz after either the 3rd or 4th rocketshipping, replaced him with an electrified idiot box, and still beaten Uconn...thus earning us the mythical and priceless extra practices. Firing the coach midseason might have cost us a couple of recruits though.

If we fired Daz midseason and then beat UConn and Wake, it most likely that the interim tag would be removed from PaulP... and we would have to live with that decision for 4 years.

100%

We'd have herzlich coming down and say hes the only coach he wants to play for
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:22 pm

If Bates's contract doesn't run out until mid-2017, there would be nothing unusual with having a new AD who gets to assess Dazzler's performance next year and make a call after next season.

Winning the last two saved Dazzler. Plain and simple. But I don't see that as a limitation on getting a good AD candidate. The question of whether Leahy fucks up the hire is a different one.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:35 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

now you sound like me...

He's stuck with him this long that Towlie deserves the start in his final game.
If he was going to yank him, then he had to do it sooner.
I do hope Wade gets some significant snaps during the game but I think Daz is putting all his chips on the Brown Train.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:40 pm

Daz was coming back next year regardless.
BC won't give the AD the carte blanche to hire his own coach with its current structure. It's probably why we'll get another puppet AD with little authority to fire coaches for something other than misconduct or a consistent losing record.
Daz is safe here as long as the status quo remains.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium